Steph Says (including update info...)

Given how I understand the system works, you'd probably not want to be a rogue/rogue anyhow. Unless you were /really/ unconcerned about how the game mechanics of that situation would work. As I understand it, when you choose a class, the primary class is what forms your major skill tree and your secondary class forms your secondary skill tree (which is a subset of a primary skill tree). That being true, when you take a set and combine it with a subset of that same set, you gain nothing.

In any case, I'm sure there will be a combination with a name like "Pure Rogue." This is especially true when looking at play.net >> Where adventure finds you.. Here's an excerpt:
Example Combinations

· Warrior + Cleric = Paladin
· Ranger + Wizard = Druid
· Ranger + Rogue = Sniper/Hunter
· Wizard + Warrior = WarMage
· Cleric + Healer = Pure Healer
· Warrior + Gearknight = Pure Fighter
· Wizard + Necromancer = Pure Wizard

blur said:
Thanks Makkah... you know how 90% of us here don't read the official forums because they're so god-awful to navigate and generally use! :smiley:

Makkah said:
I've been navigating them since 97 or so and don't mind them at all ;)

blur said:
Better you than us, is all I can say :smiley:

They don't even have a search feature. Not to mention the fact that they don't even have real threads. They should fix that.

Benkt said:
They don't even have a search feature. Not to mention the fact that they don't even have real threads. They should fix that.
No, what they SHOULD do, is detonate a small thermonuclear device under their current forum and simply rebuild it using the kind of simple software that any 14 year old now builds his Website's forums on.

That's all that's required.

Benkt said:
Given how I understand the system works, you'd probably not want to be a rogue/rogue anyhow. Unless you were /really/ unconcerned about how the game mechanics of that situation would work. As I understand it, when you choose a class, the primary class is what forms your major skill tree and your secondary class forms your secondary skill tree (which is a subset of a primary skill tree). That being true, when you take a set and combine it with a subset of that same set, you gain nothing.

In any case, I'm sure there will be a combination with a name like "Pure Rogue." This is especially true when looking at play.net >> Where adventure finds you.. Here's an excerpt:

Bah, my previous rant was absorbed by the internet so I saved you all. I'll keep it short and sweet this time.
If they just make the secondary skill tree left overs of whatever freaking class you're forced to hybrid with then they'll miss out. Now if they make it so the primary skills of a class and the secondary skills of a class are separate like in City of X, then it'd make pure classing and multiclassing simpler. I really don't want my rogue to have any ranger abilities and I really don't want a bunch of scrap warrior abilities.
Hybrids suck, being forced to be a hybrid by game design sucks as well. No matter what Steph says.

blur said:
No, what they SHOULD do, is detonate a small thermonuclear device under their current forum and simply rebuild it using the kind of simple software that any 14 year old now builds his Website's forums on.

That's all that's required.

Website forums tend to be built on default installs of vBulletin (what Hero's Hall runs on), phpBB (what most of mine run on, mod'ed of course), SMF (Simple Machines Forums, or an offshoot of YaBBse), and Invision Power Board. Most are free, or cost little when considering the corporate bank account normally associated with such businesses.

However, their site runs on windows and I'll not say more than, I've not found a completely stable forum running with ASP that didn't have something mucked up in mire with it. I do know of one or two semi-stable and possibly enterprise class, but since I don't run windows Internet servers, I have not been able to test them.

Anyhoo... that's the web developer in me... <goes back into hiding>

~ Jar

Back