Horror Stephen King's It (2017)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: It

Tagline: Your fears are unleashed

Genre: Horror, Fantasy

Director: Andy Muschietti

Cast: Jaeden Martell, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Sophia Lillis, Finn Wolfhard, Chosen Jacobs, Jack Dylan Grazer, Wyatt Oleff, Bill Skarsgård, Nicholas Hamilton, Jake Sim, Logan Thompson, Owen Teague, Jackson Robert Scott, Stephen Bogaert, Stuart Hughes, Geoffrey Pounsett, Pip Dwyer, Molly Atkinson, Steven Williams, Elizabeth Saunders, Megan Charpentier, Joe Bostick, Ari Cohen, Anthony Ulc, Javier Botet, Katie Lunman, Carter Musselman, Tatum Lee, Edie Inksetter, Kasie Rayner, Isabelle Nélisse, Neil Crone, Sonia Gascón, Janet Porter, Roberto Campanella, Kate Moyer, Kelly Van der Burg, Martha Gibson, Jocelyn Mattka, Don Tripe, Liz Gordon, Paige Rosamond, Memo Díaz Capt., Chantal Vachon, David Katzenberg

Release: 2017-09-06

Runtime: 135

Plot: In a small town in Maine, seven children known as The Losers Club come face to face with life problems, bullies and a monster that takes the shape of a clown called Pennywise.
Stephen King's It (2017)

I had a chance to watch the 2017 movie of Stephen King's It. Honestly, based on all the hype surrounding the new Pennywise I was expecting this to be a lot (and I mean a *lot*) scarier.

Visually the new Pennywise, and special effects in general, is much improved over the 1990 mini-series with Tim Curry but the style of the movie made me, oddly, think more of Stand By Me (another King work) than a horror movie. They are both coming-of-age movies of a group of kids, set to different story lines of course, but the It novel and old mini-series, as I recall them at least, were more oriented towards the horror spectrum whereas the 2017 movie seemed more drama oriented.

Of the cast, Finn Wolfhard (Richie) and Sophia Lillis (Beverly), will likely be heard from more in the future for their movie/TV roles. Wolfhard, of course, is enjoying success as a regular on Stranger Things while Lillis has since been in Sharp Objects on HBO with Amy Adams.

The 2017 movie has been retroactively titled It: Chapter One with the sequel, It: Chapter Two, expected to be released in 2019. Chapter Two will be what the opening of the 1990 mini-series was... 27 years after fighting the clown the kids are now all grown adults, with adult issues, pulled back together again to the town of Derry as a result of their childhood pact to return if the clown came back again.

I saw this & even own it along with the mini series. My whole thing is I hate clowns with a passion, so no easy watch for me. Tim Curry's Pennywise, for me was more scary & evil, just gave me that vibe. This Pennywise was also creepy scary but it seemed like all chuckles laugh laugh before revealing that scary evil side. I didn't care for the character of Henry Bowers in the film, he was more sadistic and vicious for my liking. The Henry Bowers in the mini series was more like a bully & just liked to mess with the other kids. could have done without Mike's backstory but I get that why it was shown. All in all it was good & enjoyed it. Not sure if i like it in 2 parts but then the book is a pretty big one & if I remember the mini series ran I think 3 nights so...

I didn't find it scary at all but the Pennywise was done a lot more creepier.
More like a deranged psychopath creepy.
Loved the laugh.

Personally, If you want a good horror clown movie, watch Clown (2014).
220px-Clown_%282014_film%29_poster.jpg

Its pretty effective, especially if clowns freak you out.

I didn't find it scary at all but the Pennywise was done a lot more creepier.
More like a deranged psychopath creepy.
Loved the laugh.

Personally, If you want a good horror clown movie, watch Clown (2014).
220px-Clown_%282014_film%29_poster.jpg

Its pretty effective, especially if clowns freak you out.
I have heard of this film & am intrigued just.... clowns man.

I have heard of this film & am intrigued just.... clowns man.
The first films are always the best, any remakes in my view are weird, boring and odd. If I recall the original film used the image of a scary clown to attract its victims to is "cave" to feed a alien spider-master mind a snack. Remember, jaguartigress if you do watch a "new" film, always take a peek and see if it is a re-hash of a original film, because chances are its re-scripted and ruined for a new audience.:cool:

The first films are always the best, any remakes in my view are weird, boring and odd. If I recall the original film used the image of a scary clown to attract its victims to is "cave" to feed a alien spider-master mind a snack. Remember, jaguartigress if you do watch a "new" film, always take a peek and see if it is a re-hash of a original film, because chances are its re-scripted and ruined for a new audience.:cool:
Good to know sci-fi-dude, thanks I'll remember to do that. That makes since too. Hollywood has run out of ideas always seem to reboot movies and t.v shows to make more money from them.

I loved Chapter One. I think this renewed Pennywise is awesome. Skarsgard added just enough sugar to his role as clown, and he is hungry...lol.
If I was around 12 yrs old and saw this, I’d be terrified.
Casting is all done for 2.
Here's everyone cast as the grown-up Losers in 'It: Chapter Two'
Biggest hook for me is Chastain!
113.jpg

Jessica Chastain as Beverly Marsh
Chastain, who previously worked with Muschietti on the 2013 horror film Mama, will take over the role from Sophia Lillis, playing Bev as an adult in an abusive relationship who breaks free to reunite with her old friends in Derry.

I think the new Pennywise has a better handle on the child predator vibe.
He just strikes me as a pervert.
Tim Curry's Pennywise was merely a clown luring children to doom.
This Pennywise has the air of enticing you, then doing something perverted to you.
He's not just scary...He's sick & twisted.
"Want some candy little one?"