Season 4 Stop the bleeding, Syd!

Loved: The sisters' relationship.
Hated: Sydney going to pieces and not being able to do anything effective when Nadia gets shot in the back. Syd's a professional!

Being Useful For a Gunshot Wound
Step 1. Try to stop the bleeding! Take your own shirt and use it to stop the bleeding if you have to, then place it over Nadia's bullet wound. Apply pressure!
Step 2. Com-link for help! No Com-link? Use a telephone!

Being Useless For a Gunshot Wound
Step 1. Stare helplessly.
Step 2. Beg for victim to stay and not to die.
Step 3. Shake the victim and keep the wound flowing.

All of Sydney's training went out the window once Nadia got shot!

superintelligentone said:
Step 2. Beg for victim to stay and not to die.

[post="1246229"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know! Sydney was being so selfish asking her to not die! Let the girl make her own decisions!

/sarcasm

That crying must have really helped Nadia.. -_- I hated that scene and I hated Sydney then.. Professionals ( and great agents as everyone keeps saying Sydney is) don't make that kind of mistakes and let their feelings take over..

UncoveringAlias said:
I know! Sydney was being so selfish asking her to not die! Let the girl make her own decisions!

/sarcasm
[post="1246509"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Very funny! :LOL:
Of course, the complaint was about Sydney not being able to offer some first aid while she was upset.

ConcreteGirl said:
I agree, her acting like that seemed to go against her normal character.
Since when was it normal for Syd to panic? I would accept Syd crying as she ripped up some cloth and used it as a bandage. But to see her so helpless was out of character.

There are reports of ordinary women being able to lift a car off of their child or husband trapped underneath. I'd expect that Sydney would be a 'take charge' kind of woman like that! ;)

^ Of coruse, Nadia is her sister. And I'm sure she administered aid right after she panicked. :lol: But she was in a similar state when Dixon got shot and she had to radio the CIA during S1 (forget the ep).

superintelligentone said:
There are reports of ordinary women being able to lift a car off of their child or husband trapped underneath.  I'd expect that Sydney would be a 'take charge' kind of woman like that!  ;)
[post="1247267"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, she's Syd, she can already lift up a car!

Also, I agree, it wouldn't be very suspensful having Syd administering First Aid right before the cut to black.

hahaha Man, I wish she would have acted more professionally.... People are right on Syd. An agent should not let their feelings take over.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Surely Syd with all her training would not just sit there being all like 'Nadia, stay with me, look me in the eyes.' Yeah, I get she's frantic but being Syd, she would have also been as resourceful as hell and used any method she could to STOP THE BLEEDING!!!! Dude, deal already.

Syd will get over the shock and try to save her sister at the beginning of the next ep. Perhaps she was just shocked & afraid that Rambaldi could have possibly prophecised how their relationship would end? Maybe she's not as certain that it won't come true as she was when she first told Nadia the prophecy.

I don't understand why she didn't try to stop the bleeding. And why don't they wear their vests when they're in the field? Even if it is surveillance, they were surveying Anna, Sydney should have known it wasn't going to be easy.

Back