Straight from the heart

Wasn't my fault that the board was down yesterday so anyway, update today

Part 6

When Michael left the hospital, he went straight home with his mother but it was very obvious to her that something was clearly troubling her son because he hadn’t said a single word ever since they had left the hospital.
So as soon as they got home, she questioned him about it.

“Okay, Michael, what’s going on?”
“Nothing, why?”
“Don’t give me that again Michael, I’m your mother. I know what kind of person you are and I can tell when something is on your mind and this is definitely one of those moments.”
“I know it’s just…I don’t know what to do anymore mom.”
“About what?”
“About just everything, I mean I’ve been preparing myself to marry Caryn and all of a sudden, Sydney is back and I am not really sure about how I’m supposed to handle this.”
“Okay…then let’s sit down and take this one step at the time.”
“Okay.”

So as soon as they sat down, Elizabeth wanted to get everything out in the open to help her son make the right decision.
“How do you feel about Caryn?”
“She’s sweet and kind and…I guess she’s great but I don’t think I can ever really be with her completely.”
“I see…and what do you feel about Sydney?”
“She’s just, perfect. All my life, I’ve been so used to having her around and the minute she left, I felt as if a part of me left with her too and I never really understood that I was the one big reason she had left town for until you pointed that out. She’s like the oxygen you can’t live without, the sun that gives warmth to each and every single piece on earth and when I saw her again today, I knew right then and there that I never wanted to be apart from her again. I’m in love with her mom and I always have been, I was just too stupid to admit that to both her and me and know I don’t know what to do.”
“Do you think you can stay with Caryn for the rest of your life?”

And suddenly he was surprised to hear his mother ask him this question. It wasn’t that it was a strange question because it wasn’t, it was just that no one had ever asked him that question before. All they ever saw was what Caryn wanted and never what he wanted more then anything in the world.
And now, his mother had finally taken the opportunity to ask him.
“No.”
“Then why are you still keeping up the image that you want to marry her? It’s still not too late to cancel everything.”
“I know, it’s just that I never really thought that Sydney would come back home. So I figured that if I couldn’t have her, I would just had to settle with the second best thing in the world but now that she is back I don’t want a substitute anymore. All I want is her, mom.”
“I know my son and I would love nothing more then to have her as my daughter-in-law. She has always been welcome in my house and she will be for as long as she wants. Listen to me son and follow your heart, it will only bring you happiness.”
“I know…thanks mom.”
“You’re welcome.”
“I think I’m going to go call Caryn and tell her the wedding is off.”
“I’ll be in the kitchen.”

And as soon as his mother had disappeared into the large kitchen, he picked up his cell phone and dialled Caryn’s number.
It took awhile for her to pick up but when she finally did pick up, he was glad that he was finally able to speak out from his heart.

“Hello?”
“Caryn, it’s me, Michael.”
“Michael, why are you calling me? I’m in the middle of my girl’s night, don’t you have anything better to do?”
“Actually I do and that’s why I was calling you for.”
“Can’t it wait until tomorrow Michael, I really doubt that what you have to say is important.”
“Fine, then I guess you’ll notice it tomorrow that you’ll be the only one standing in front of that altar.”
“What did you just say?”
“I said that you’ll be the only one in front of the altar because I’m calling off the wedding.”
“You’re what? You can’t do this? What about my dress?”
“Caryn, I’m sure it cost your parents a fortune but I don’t care anymore Caryn. I’m not happy with you and I doubt that I’ll ever be. I’m in love with someone else and I can’t do this to us anymore.”
“You son of a bitch. I hate you Michael Vaughn and I never want to see you again! Goodbye!” And that’s the last thing he heard before he heard her put down the phone.

Michael was still sitting on the couch, cell phone in his hand, when Elizabeth walked in with two steaming cups of coffee.
“Here, I figured you might needed this.”
“Thanks.”
“So how did she take the news?”
“She said she never wanted to see me again but that’s okay I guess. I don’t really care anymore.”
“What are you going to do now?”
“Now? I think I’m going to bed as soon as I finished this cup of coffee and I’m going to think about what I’m going to say to Syd when I go and see her tomorrow at the hospital.”
“Okay.”
“Mom?”
“Yes?”
“Do you think that she’ll forgive me for what I did to her and that she’ll give me a chance?”
“Michael, knowing Sydney, she’ll be glad that you’re finally opening up to her.”
“Do you really think so?”
“Yes.”
“I love you mom.”
“I love you too.”

aww that was REALLY great!
and its fine sweetie! i have had a lot of trouble getting onto this board recently aswell!
how are you? hows school?
cant wait for more :D
xx

Hey that was so great sweetie.
Im so glad he called off the wedding and quite frankly Caryn was such a witch. :rolleyes:

and hey Amy! Im great Thanks!
Just recovering from the flu.
:sigh: :lol:
Takecare! And thanks for asking! :blush:
:hug:

Last one guys :(

Part 7

It was still relatively early when Sydney awoke the next morning in her hospital bed.
And even though she still felt a bit more awake then she had been feeling the day before, she felt as if she had been hit by a truck.
It wasn’t that the pain of the accident was causing her trouble, no that was a bit better but the pain she felt went through her entire heart because she knew that at that same time of day, Michael was getting himself ready to marry Caryn and to be with her for the rest of his life.
And knowing this, she felt even more sadder.
So it was needless to say that when the nurse, who needed to check up on her, walked into the room and saw her tear stained eyes, she was immediately concerned.

“Are you all right Miss Bristow? Do you need me to get you something?”
“I’m fine.”
“Are you sure because you don’t look so well.”
“I’m okay, I’m just…I lost him.”
“You lost who?”
“My best friend. He’s getting married today and I never got the chance to tell him I love him.”
“I’m sorry.”
“It’s okay.”
“Are you sure you don’t want anything?”
“Could you bring me something warm to drink?”
“Sure, I’ll be right back.”

Nurse Evelyn had just rounded the corner from the cafeteria when she heard a man ask a new nurse for a woman named Sydney Bristow.
Since she knew that the nurse he was asking it didn’t know Sydney, she decided to take matters in her own hands.

“Excuse me, are you looking for Miss Bristow?”
“Yes, I was wondering if I could already visit her.”
“Do you happen to be Michael and are you getting married today?”
“Yes, why?”
“Come with me, she’ll be glad to see you.”
“What do you mean?”
“You’ll see. Come on, I had to bring her this coffee anyway unless you want to do it.”
“Oh, sure, okay.”
“Here…Look, try not to make it too long because you’re not supposed to be here already.”
“I know but thanks.”
“You’re welcome.”

So after taking the cup of coffee from Evelyn, he knocked on Sydney’s door and gently walked inside, noticing that she wasn’t even looking up as she spoke.
“Thanks for bringing me the warm drink.”
“You’re welcome.” And it was then that she looked up for the first time.
“Michael? What are you doing here?”
“What? I can’t even bring you the coffee you asked for?”
“No, I mean of course but you’re not supposed to be here.”
“Then where am I supposed to be?”
“Michael, please, you know what I mean. You’re supposed to be at the church, getting yourself ready to marry Caryn.”
“No, I don’t.”
“Yes, you do Michael. You’re getting married at nine o’clock.”
“Not if the wedding is off.”
“What?”
“I called of the wedding.”
“Why?”
“Because I realized that I couldn’t marry someone when I was in love with someone else and if I never even took the chance to tell that person I love her.”
“Michael…”
“No, let me finish please, I have to tell you this. All my life you’ve been the one and only constant thing in my life and no matter how hard things were, you were always there for me. I could always count on you and then suddenly, you weren’t able to count on me anymore and I didn’t realize that moment how much I had let you down.
And when you left, I was mad at you because you had left me without saying a single thing and it took me a very long time to realize that the reason as to why you had left was me. I had hurt you so much and I didn’t even see it and I’m sorry for that Syd, I really am because I never wanted to hurt you. And when you left, I felt as if I was nothing, I was just a body without a heart and soul and everything I did was without putting anything of myself in it. Even with Caryn I never really was completely in it with my heart but Syd, whenever I’m with you the world just seems to connect everything together and everything suddenly feels so right and I know you’re probably going to think that I’m crazy but I don’t care because I’m in love with you Syd. I love you more than life itself.”
“Oh Michael, can’t you see that I’ve always been in love with you?”
“You were?”
“When you told me you were getting married to Caryn I felt so lost and I knew then that I would never have a chance with you so I left. I left because I couldn’t be around you anymore but when your mother send me that letter and that invitation to your wedding, I knew that this was my last chance so I came home.”
“I love you so much Syd.”
“I love you too Michael, with everything I have.”
“Then say yes.”
“Yes to what?”
“Yes to my question of will you marry me?”
“I…”
“Just follow your heart Syd.”

And she was silent for a few seconds but then she finally spoke the words she had wanted to say for so long and who he had wanted to hear for such a long time too.
“Yes.”
“Really?”
“Yes, I want to marry you Michael Vaughn.”
And suddenly he leaned forward and kissed her with every piece of strength he had in him and she did exactly the same thing because both knew that they were meant to be together forever and everything that was still lying ahead of them, they would gladly accept it because it would all come straight from the heart.

Give it to me straight from the heart
Tell me we can make another start
You know I’ll never go
As long as I know
Its coming straight from the heart

~The end~

Lyrics at the end are from Bryan Adams

That was the perfect ending...
I like how Vaughn was the first one to speak...
I think it showed that even though he didn't know
for sure how she felt, she was worth the risk of him telling her first...
Thanks for sharing this story.

Back