Horror Stranger Things (Netflix)

(Article by Lisa McLoughlin at The Sun)

STRANGER Things 3 has broken Netflix records after it racked up nearly 41million streams in just four days.

The gory sci-fi series was released on the streaming service on Thursday to coincide with America’s Independence Day – the date in which the drama of third instalment centres around.

NINTCHDBPICT000477317993-1.jpg

Stranger Things 3 has broken Netflix records after it racked up nearly 41million streams in just four days
PA:Press Association

And it appears fans have wasted no time returning to Hawkins, Indiana to get acquainted with the latest eerie goings as 40.7million household accounts around the globe have tuned in.

According to Netflix’s official US Twitter account, the show, which plays on 80s nostalgia, has broken the streaming service’s records following its release and incredibly, 18.2million accounts have finished the entire season.

They shared last night: “@Stranger_Things 3 is breaking Netflix records!

“40.7 million household accounts have been watching the show since its July 4 global launch — more than any other film or series in its first four days.

“And 18.2 million have already finished the entire season.”

.@Stranger_Things 3 is breaking Netflix records!

40.7 million household accounts have been watching the show since its July 4 global launch — more than any other film or series in its first four days. And 18.2 million have already finished the entire season.

— Netflix US (@netflix) July 8, 2019

Just last month, Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston’s comedy Murder Mystery was revealed to have smashed Netflix records with more than 30 million households streaming during its opening weekend.

However, Stranger Things 3 has surpassed the Netflix original film’s figures by nearly 11million.

The binge-worthy fantasy series returned with fan favourites Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown) and Mike (Finn Wolfhard) at the helm.

NINTCHDBPICT000502431432.jpg

The gory sci-fi series was released on the streaming service on Thursday to coincide with America’s Independence Day
Netflix / Supplied by LMK
NINTCHDBPICT000477318014.jpg

Maya Hawke (L) joins the cast as Robin, Steve Harrington’s co-worker in the ice cream parlour
PA:Press Association

It has been branded the “goriest season yet” by critics.

Writing on Twitter, one film reviewer commented: “There are some bumps along the way, but overall it’s another solid season that ends very well.

“There are fun references and slight groaner ones, but the characters are still very likeable and ground the series, which is a big part of its success.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I still haven't watched S3! 😲
... and, thanks to the Labor Day long weekend, I'm now caught up and finished S3. :D

S3 was good, it makes up for S2's 'road trip' storyline. Character wise the only one that bugged me was Lucas's little sister, Erica. In the past she was a feisty but charming kid and garnered some fans, in S3 she is just an outright brat. If you binge watch it, just be sure to hang around a few minutes after the last episode of S3 when the credits start rolling for the news video clip.

Visually it's another great timepiece look back at the 80's and the music & mall scenes brought back a lot of memories for me, especially since I worked at a bakery in a mall in the mid-80's. Fun times.

Possible spoilers if you haven't watched it yet...

My only thing about S3 is that it says it takes place one year after the ending of S2 but I can't accept that in the span of just 365 days that the Russians were able to find Hawkins, bribe the Mayor, survey the area to find the locations they needed, and then not only assemble a full-blown Russian military unit on US soil but to also construct a massive amount of infrastructure. We know their operations went into action after S2 because Alexi makes a point of saying that Hawkins was their ideal location because the gate at this spot was now weakened and still healing (from the events of S2). The only possible explanation is that the Russian operation was already going on during the events of S1 & S2 with it being just one of multiple locations that were being developed and that after the ending of S2 & what takes place in the intro of S3 that it became their primary location.