Suggestion

Tom

An Old Friend
So, What Science Fiction or Fantsy SUBJECT is everyone interested in discussing? What can we do to spur forum activity. I have been trying to open subjects for a while now. I have tried discussing gallery items and links items too. Perhaps reviving old posts will cause reponse. I thought most SciFiers liked to speculate and post their thoughts. Perhaps I'm wrong?:confused:

Maybe I'm wrong, I've spent too little time here to give advice... but I guess the structure itself is a bit difficult for new-comers? I've seen so many threads dedicated to a some small item which is not very well known to everyone? Have you got any general topic interesting to everybody? - I'm sorry I can't give the idea of it - :( - I don't know the atmosphere... what about voting - which item your visitors prefer? and oh, all my word are just "imho". But I really liked the place!

Elvit said:
Maybe I'm wrong, I've spent too little time here to give advice... but I guess the structure itself is a bit difficult for new-comers? I've seen so many threads dedicated to a some small item which is not very well known to everyone? Have you got any general topic interesting to everybody? - I'm sorry I can't give the idea of it - :( - I don't know the atmosphere... what about voting - which item your visitors prefer? and oh, all my word are just "imho". But I really liked the place!
Elvit, thanks for the feedback. So you're thinking that the problem may be too many threads to take in at once? I'll pull the automated "Robbie" threads for a bit to see how that works out; give people a chance to respond to existing threads instead of having a constant flow of new threads pouring in.

You're welcome! :smiley:)))
You see I'mvery interested in the topic, cause we came across the same problem at my native forum "Kubikus' Archive" (www.kubikus.ru), where I used to be a moderator. But there were more people then.. and now I observe one more sci-fi Russian forum trying to develop in smth respectable and prestigious. And the most valuable thing always is reviews of books given by readers... Yet I don't see the pattern of this forum due to the facts that I don't speak English fluently and I unknown structure.. and you? Do you know what you want to have as a result? It depends on your plan, you know...

KW802 said:
Elvit, thanks for the feedback. So you're thinking that the problem may be too many threads to take in at once? I'll pull the automated "Robbie" threads for a bit to see how that works out; give people a chance to respond to existing threads instead of having a constant flow of new threads pouring in.

you could have one topic dedicated to those scifi wire news blurbs that "robbie" posts. that way, people can respond to the ones that interest them... just a thought..

with the amount of feeds that come in, people will likely be able to make one comment on a feed and it'll have fallen back a page or two before anyone else sees a reply has been made.

a forum dedicated to feeds like that needs making. under the parent NEWS, two sub forums for FEEDS and USER SUBMITTED NEWS (well, not that title exactly as it sounds lame, just the basic premise)

Nice design SciFiChick! I put your site in my SciFiBoards bookmark folder. I will be looking at it deeper this weekend. Don't have much time anymore.

skwirlinator said:
Nice design SciFiChick! I put your site in my SciFiBoards bookmark folder. I will be looking at it deeper this weekend. Don't have much time anymore.

thanks! i'm always open to comments/suggestions too.. i just started it a few weeks ago..

Back