Fantasy Suicide Squad (2016)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Suicide Squad

Tagline: Worst Heroes Ever

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: David Ayer

Cast: Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Jay Hernandez, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Cara Delevingne, Ike Barinholtz, Scott Eastwood, Adam Beach, Karen Fukuhara, Common, David Harbour, Jim Parrack, Alex Meraz, Corina Calderon, Ben Affleck, Ezra Miller, Robin Atkin Downes, Shailyn Pierre-Dixon, Matt Baram, Alain Chanoine, Ted Whittall, Michael Murray, Jaime FitzSimons, Christopher Dyson, Bambadjan Bamba, Robert B. Kennedy, Billy Otis, James McGowan, Derek Perks, Aidan Devine, Andrew Bee, Clive McLean, Frank J. Zupancic, Kent Sheridan, Roger Shank, Dwight Ireland, Amanda Brugel, Peter Tufford Kennedy, Rosemary De Los Santos, Kevin Hanchard, Joel Lacoursiere, Jameson Kraemer, Ho Chow, Birgitte Solem, Kevin Vance, Tyler Grey, Nathan Brown, Kenneth Choi, Nicolas Van Burek, Agueda Cardenas, Daniela Uruena, Nicolas Uruena, Ariane Bellamar, Murray Urquhart, Tim Ajro, Devlin Anderson, Briana Andrade-Gomes, Raffi Atamian, John Byers, Heather Byrne, Corey Chainey, Shak Chaudhry, James Chilli Chillingworth, Andrew Christie, Alex Chung, Gavin R. Downes, Reid Eastwood, Scott Edgecombe, Brendan Egan, Jeff Ellenberger, Tatyana Figueiredo, Gary 'Si-Jo' Foo, Tazito Garcia, Brianna Goldie, William Hainsworth, Shawn J. Hamilton, Shane Harbinson, Fatimah Hassan, Dexter Howe, Melanie Hubert, David Ingram, Shane Clinton Jarvis, Sergio Kato, Kevin Kent, Martin Kessler, Melissa Lem, John MacDonald, Stephanie Manchulenko, Matthew Mease, Christopher Meneses, Valiant Michael, Sabine Mondestin, Justin Moses, Drew Moss, Afsheen Olyaie, Dan Petronijevic, Alisha Phillips, Tamina Pollack-Paris, Michael Prather, Dennisha Pratt, Asad Que, Mark Quigley, Darryl Quon, Hugh Scott, Attila Sebesy, Rick Silver, Connor Skific, Amos Stern, Goran Stjepanovic, Vivienne Taylor, Jasmine Renée Thomas, Alen Toric, Dallas Wade, Joe Warshaw, Tony Watt, James Weicht, Taylor Whittaker, Robert L. Wilson, Ryan Groves

Release: 2016-08-03

Runtime: 123

Plot: From DC Comics comes the Suicide Squad, an antihero team of incarcerated supervillains who act as deniable assets for the United States government, undertaking high-risk black ops missions in exchange for commuted prison sentences.
Suicide Squad (2016)

Finally got around to watching this last night.
It was well filmed and the actors did a good job playing their parts but during the whole movie it felt like something was missing from it. For some reason I just did not like it but I can't put my finger on it?
I really hope they don't make the implied sequel.

Harley Quinn, who was set up to be the life of the party was a serious let down. Unless you are a 12 year old boy entering puberty?

Gatorman didn't eat one person.

Firegod, was a conflicted pussy.

One shot was a hitman with a heart.

The witch was driven by conceit.
(Her brother was kinda cool)

The rest were just fillers.

Lots of talk/Little action

The established superhero tie-ins, Batman & Flash, were fleeting and insignificant. Their costumes looked like something that was picked up at a K-Mart going out of business sale.

The woman in charge (don't care that I don't recall her name) was the only part of the show that started to show a potential as a threat but that was a minor blip on the interesting scale. At least she murders people.

Remember when Batman Begins ushered in a new era of Dark Superhero movies? I am starting to believe that even that theme has been beat to death.
Suicude Squad is about under-dogs coming together as a team with a minor adversary sporting limited special effects as a threat.
Been there: Seen That