Super Collider

Birdman

Birdman
Ok, what do you think this thing is for?
I just can't bring myself to believe anyone would waste resources on that scale to look for a theoretical particle (god particle).
I have two theories as to what the real purpose is so I'll throw them out there.
Theory 1:
It's a huge power generator for something, I don't know what that something is but my best guess is that it's for weather manipulation somewhat like HARRP. Something like that is the only thing that they would want to keep quiet and would use that much power. It may or may not use microwaves focussed on the ionosphere to manipulate jet streams. Similarly, HARRP based in Alaska is powered from a huge natural gas deposit.

Theroy 2:
It could be used to generate loads of antimatter to power something, perhaps we already have starships like in the stargate series and have been venturing offworld with what little we could produce from the smaller colliders that we have in use already. Maybe the ships are getting larger and more is needed. With all the UFO sightings....don't say it's impossible.

It is secretly being used to build the foundation of a time machine.

The movie version of "A Sound of Thunder" just aired recently and the LHC was something I immediately thought of.
GiveUp_zpsff96f5c8.gif

Reference: A Sound of Thunder (film) - Wikipedia

Ok, what do you think this thing is for?
I just can't bring myself to believe anyone would waste resources on that scale to look for a theoretical particle (god particle).

Maybe scientific research on HOW THE UNIVERSE ACTUALLY WORKS is not really a waste of resources, do you think? :confused:

Maybe scientific research on HOW THE UNIVERSE ACTUALLY WORKS is not really a waste of resources, do you think? :confused:

No..I don't think so in this case. I mean when you reach a certain threshold of cost vs gains...this one is a waste if it is only for what they say it is for. I just don't really think that these ppl would waste that much time and energy for a thoretical particle that may not even exist. What if they run it and all at once conclude:eek: Holy felgercarb! I can't believe we wasted all this time looking for something thats not real:eek::confused:

Besides what purpose does it serve if they do make the dicovery? It's not like it will give us the power to shape the universe or anything. If they are successful all they will be able to say is, "well this is how this works...oh, thats good to know!" "Let's spend another quadrazillion dollars on finding out if a devil particle exists now".
No, I think there is a more productive purpose behind the whole thing.

I would to agree that there is more to this project. Can you honestly conceive that the governments funding this are doing it for the altruism of science. Billions for a science project - not likely...

Back