Fantasy Superman: Man of Steel

Tom

An Old Friend
SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL
Starring: Brandon Routh
Director: Bryan Singer
Rated: Unrated
U.S. Opening Date:TBA

A sequel to Superman Returns, the summer 2006 action-adventure. Bryan Singer returns to direct with Brandon Routh again playing Clark Kent/Superman? Everybody involved with the first movie promises a more "action-packed" movie this time round with less angst - time to maybe bring back General Zod? Or how about Supes battling it out with a robotic super-powered Brainiac? We'll pay good money to see that!

So what's the deal with "man of steel" first it's a sequel to superman returns and now it's a completly different movie with kevin costner

So what's the deal with "man of steel" first it's a sequel to superman returns and now it's a completly different movie with kevin costner
It is now going to be a 'reboot' movie of the franchise instead of just another sequel. So far it looks like it will cover Superman's origin story as well as some elements from the first couple of Superman movies, specifically General Zod.

Attached is the first photo released by Warner Bros of Henry Cavill as Superman. The British actor will be playing the title character in Man of Steel, the Superman reboot scheduled for release June 14, 2013.

The reboot is being directed by Zack Snyder and, besides Cavill, stars Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Julia Ormond, Russell Crowe, Chris Meloni, and Laurence Fishburne.

Attachments

• MOS-0001RV_20110804154335.jpg
    MOS-0001RV_20110804154335.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 211
I have to admit, I wasn't to sure about a new Superman movie, especially after the last one but.... the trailer is looking interesting.

The new trailer makes me want to watch this movie. Though I have to agree with what a superman writer said on Twitter. (Can't remember which one, I follow a few) If you make a superman movie that you can't take your kids to see, you've done something wrong.

I get that Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy was really enjoyable, but every superhero movie doesn't need to be like that. DC actually has a REALLY STRONG record with their products for kids. (Cartoons etc.) Let the kids watch the movies too.

That said, I hope this movie does well, and causes WB to bring out a Wonder woman and Flash movie, and then a Justice League movie. These are things I feel need to happen.

I want to see the new Man of Steel movie, however, I don't fully understand why Brandon Routh was not asked back to reprise the role of Superman. He did a great job of portraying Superman/Clark Kent. Plus, he looks a lot like Christopher Reeve. It was not Routh's fault the Superman Returns script was a little lacking. The idea of bringing back Lex Luthor as a villain again (no offense to Kevin Spacey) was a little trite. The Superman fiction may not have as many cool "go to" villains as say that of Spider-man or Batman, but there are still interesting villains that could have been explored in Superman Returns. Lobo, Parasite, Metallo, Doomsday or Darkseid, for instance, might have been better choices as villains for Routh's Superman. This is especially true now that CG effects can ramp up the appearance/mannerisms of any character. So, don't blame Routh for any script faults in the last movie; he did his part.

I want to see the new Man of Steel movie, however, I don't fully understand why Brandon Routh was not asked back to reprise the role of Superman.
Routh is not back because Man of Steel is a reboot of the Superman movie franchise. Man of Steel introduces a new darker reason why Kal-El was sent to Earth, new origins story to Zod & his followers, and new circumstances as how to Kal-El meets Lois Lane.

The style & tone of the new movie is closer to the graphic novels from the past few years versus the 'classic' comics and prior movies.

The most recent trailer has been released, likely the last before the movie opens June 14. I am starting to warm up to this reboot.

I so cannot wait for this movie. Hopefully they continue to make them and that its amazing. The trailers look awesome.

Also, I thought (even in the comics / origin stories) that the S was his family symbol, not "Hope".

Also, I thought (even in the comics / origin stories) that the S was his family symbol, not "Hope".
Same here. I don't recall any references to the symbol being a word in the past. I'm not sure if it is a liberty being taken in the film or if it came up in one of the comics.

I'm nearly almost intrigued by the "reboot" token being applied to movies, it's a North American thing btw. From memory the last Supes flick made about a zillion dollars, why exactly does this franchise need a "reboot"?

I'm not even going to comment on that one :ROFLMAO: Americans crack me up, in a good way.

I enjoyed it.. it's Superman.. he flew and beat the bad guys.. what wasn't there to love? :D I'm sure I'll love the new one as well.... and I loved the Christopher Reeve ones too!

Back