Paranormal Supernatural (2005)

I think it is shaping up nicely. The brothers have a good chemistry together and they're building the characters well--giving them a background and solid character traits. Plus I like it that Dean is a sort of "throwback"--you know, not the sort of guy who wants to sit down and discuss his "feelings." He's more like an average guy, but you don't tend to meet them on TV shows that much. :lol: Of course, real average guys aren't that good-looking and don't go hunting spooks . . . :P

Just want to say, I thought it was a pretty strong season. Not bad for a horror-ish show that has to stick to a sort of PG format. Nice chemistry between the stars and they built up a pretty well-defined & interesting family dynamic. Even if the cliffhanger was a bit of a revisit (another crash), it was (no!) Dean's classic Impala and (double no!) it wasn't like they weren't already pretty badly off (particularly Dean, after that last bout with the Demon). I'll really be looking forward to the next season & seeing how they get out of this! :blink:

Im just rewatching the Series :D :cool:

I loved loved loved it in the Beginning but the network which had the Rights to it took it on and off air and showed the Pilot Eppy 3 Times.

I just saw the Episode where Dad comes into it.

Next Eppy for me is 1.17 I can't wait for it.

I love Jensen's (Dean) One Liners He's Very Funny and Spunky :love: ^_^ ;)

Supernatural stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki as Dean and Sam Winchester, two brothers who travel the country looking for their missing father and battling evil spirits along the way.

Sam Winchester is a college student bound for law school, determined to escape his family's past - unlike his older brother, Dean. Ever since they were little their father has been consumed with an obsession to find the evil forces that murdered his beloved wife, in result recruiting and training his two young sons to help him in revenge. They have grown up as hunters of the supernatural. Sam escaped under the premise of going to college, and now has a happy life with his girlfriend, Jessica, and a promising future career. Dean, however, stayed behind with his father to join him in his "hunting".

Dean goes to Sam for help when their father goes missing. Now Sam must join his brother to find him. His one weekend trip to search for the missing John Winchester becomes an ongoing quest after a horrible tragedy ruins any thought of a happy life for Sam.

The two brothers, bound by tragedy and blood to their mission, travel across the country encountering terrifying and dangerous forces most believe to be nothing but superstition and folklore, such as the Lady in White, the Indian beast known as the Wendigo, Phantom Travelers who cause plane crashes, Bloody Mary, vampires, demons and many more.

From Warner Bros. Television Production Inc. in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision, with executive producers McG (Charlie's Angels, The O.C.), writer/executive producer Eric Kripke (Boogeyman) and Robert Singer (Midnight Caller).

Nice article about supernatural. Supernatural is a paranormal horror drama filled with thrill, action and adventure is created and produced by Eric Kripke.Supernatural is One of my favorite TV show.

What do you guys think of the first 3 episodes of the Supernatural season 6?

For me it looked pretty good but season 6 is way too complicated...

i was wondering if there is any 'Supernatural' fans here?

i've loved the show since it first aired in the UK, shame ITV2 don't have the rights to show anymore seasons after season 4 [brought up by satilite]

most of the episodes can be viewed singlely as they are self-contained short films, but, with a never too intrusive main story arc.

a perfect TV show now in its sixth season

Since we have a Stargate one, I thought it only right that we have another one for Supernatural where we can talk about old and new episodes, story arcs, characterts etc.

We'll get a spoiler tag set up soon, so until that appears please don't post anything to do with the story in season 8 because it's only just now airing in the UK!

Spoiler tag is now available! :smiley:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god, yes!

A sneak peek from the Supernatural season 9 premiere, titled “I Think I’m Gonna Like It Here,” shows Dean praying for help.

This sneak peek, originally from the Huffington Post, shows Dean desperately praying for help for Sam.

The synopsis for the Supernatural season 9 premiere reads:

FALLEN ANGELS — Dean (Jensen Ackles) is frantic after Sam (Jared Padalecki) collapses and the doctor tells Dean his brother won’t make it. Desperate, Dean sends out an all points bulletin via prayer to every angel in the area, asking them to help his brother. In exchange, Dean will owe that angel a favor. Numerous angry angels race to find and kill Dean, but one, Ezekiel (guest star Tahmoh Penikett), gets to him first. Meanwhile, Sam fights for his life and must face some familiar demons to do so. Castiel (Misha Collins) struggles to survive without powers.​

Season 9 airs on 8th October for those in the US - don't think we've got an airdate for the UK yet.

Thanks to @Azhria Lilu always talking about this show on various sites (well, actually I think she talks about the actors more than the show itself :P) I've finally started watching Supernatural. Yep, I'm starting at S1E1 on Netflix.

I don't think I'll be 'binge watching' this one though; with 10 seasons or so it'll take me a while to catch up but I can catch an episode or two while working on stuff.

Kev on the bright side one of the seasons, 4 or 5? - was only 16 episodes long due to a writers strike :smiley: By season 10 its getting very repetitive with season 11's big bad a rehash of a previous season. Still well worth wadding through as some excellent episodes to be had.

Originally got a preview disc of season one episode Bloody Mary and got hooked from there. Think we're still churning through season five on the review front, everyone got caught up in real world stuff :(

No spoilers for Kevin's sake, as there's some recurrently characters he hasn't meet yet :smiley:

Just finished S2. So far... good music, some great one-liners, and a lot of family issues. Must... get... some... sleep.
Only another hundred-or-so episodes to go. :giveup:

OK, I'm finally caught up with Supernatural and am now current with S11.

A question though.... why do the angels need to use their human vessels while in heaven? :o_O: