Feedback Surfin CoolSciFi

Tom

An Old Friend
1. I don't sign in, My cookies handle that. The only time I need to sign in is if I clean my cookies or I use IE the first time that day.
2. My bookmark takes me straight to the forums.
3. I see who is online
4. I 'View new posts'
5. I read and answer new posts. Going back to new posts until they are all read
6. I 'mark forums read'
7. See who is still online/See what they're reading
8. View the posts others are looking at
9. Go to homepage
10. Click the picture for the gallery
11. View new pictures in gallery
12. Comment on the ones I wish to
13. View new replies in the gallery-Comment as needed
14. Homepage- Links
15. Scan the links for changes-view new ones and rate or comment on them
16. Homepage- New posts, game for the arcade
17. View recent scores in the arcade
18. Sometimes go gaming for a high score
19. Forums-who's online, what are they doing, view new
20. Tab into news sites and look for news that looks interesting to post.

Posts often get lost if you don't view new posts. There's a big fat button for this at the top of the page!
If you view new posts regularly you should follow it up by 'Marking all Forums read' so next visit only the 'Newest' posts show up.

How Do YOU surf CoolSciFi?

I'd like to know how other members surf so I can see if I'm missing something...

I just added a bunch of Comic book covers to the gallery in Anime/Comic cat
I titled them Comic Book Covers

Go to memberlist (at the top)

Locate member and click on name

on profile page 'view all posts by.....member'

I like to explore old posts because some things shouldn't be forgotten!:P

Posting:
When I find something that I want to share I usually try to get a logo or image to put the link in. Then I add a reply where I copy and paste a quote or more pictures so you have an idea what the link deals with.

For some reason I can paste into the quick reply editor but not the main editor, In firefox. In IE I can paste into the main.
I can paste into the main in firefox at every 'OTHER' forum site except CoolSciFi?

Theres something weird happening in the gallery for ST:TNG
after process I get a notice and now they are not thumbnailing

The thumbnails have been fixed, thanks. We just upgraded the gallery to the newest version and there was a slight bump in the road as we went along.

The random quote box on the home page is temporarily turned off. Recently I upgraded the forum software and rather than re-install the quote software I'm rethinking it because of the problems people have had in the past trying to submit new quotes. I've have an alternate Plan B up my sleeve for quotes.

For the random gallery...... um, works for me. :confused:

Firefox is acting skwirly (yuk) I guess, I'll try again tonight after reboot, perhaps it will pick up again

Testing anti-double post haCK As requested...

test again

works in the quick reply but not in the main repl, most of the time its the quick reply I use to paste data so this works great

Good job

Worked in the main reply that time- works great, thanx for keeping me out of trouble

test again

test paste

I almost forgot... Swirlinator, you were right: The random gallery hack was broken. When I upgraded the vBa Gallery software to version RC4 it introduced some new security permissions that broke the random image module. It should be working again now.

Back