Surgery

I had scoliosis surgery about 7 years ago. I was in the hospital for about 4 days. I ended up missing about a week of school, but I probably would have missed more if the surgery hadn't been during Winter break. It's hard to say exactly how long it took me to recover, since my back still bothers me sometimes, but I'd say it was about a month before I really started feeling okay again.

oh great thats reassuring :lol: sry to keep bothering you but how long until you could actually do stuff like play sports and things like that?

Well... I've had surgery 4 times on my feet. For each operation I had to have a GINORMOUS (!!) splint on for two weeks (and wasn't allowed to get out of bed except to go to the bathroom...). After the splint and stitches were taken out... I had a cast on for 6 weeks... then physical therapy for a while after that. Unfortunately, I have arthritis and some kind of disease in which all my tendons are basically falling apart and dying, so I can't play sports, and I still hurt a lot. But... the amount of time until you're better depends on the operation and the person....

i've had surgery in my toe :D
it hurted damn much, and i managed to kick my newly opereated toe into a door after the anaesthetic was gone :o_O:
took about a week to recover

Well, I'm not a big sports person, so that wasn't an issue for me. But it depends not only on the surgery, but the type of sport. I was thinking about playing soccer about 6 months after my surgery and was told that might not be a good idea, but if I wanted to play something with less contact, then it might have been okay. I was never flat out told I couldn't do something, because of my surgery...it's a good question to ask the doctor, since he'd know all the specifics about the surgery. :smiley:

when i broke my arm, they did surgery. it took about a month or so until i had full use of my arm (after it healed of course)

i had my tonsils out when i was in the fourth grade...i didn't miss that much school...i didn't eat anything for two weeks...i lost a lot of weight...damn that was a good diet...

"mono was like the best diet ever...." hehe i LOVE that movie!

hmm... during fifth grade, not sure if this counts as surgery but i had to stay in the hospital for a week becuase of a stomach problem and i remember them putting me to sleep and having some kind of procedure to look inside my intestines. :o_O:

but i recovered in a few days. nothing vital reallly. ^_^

why do you need to know siri? :thinking:

yeah... the place where you poop things :lol: :o_O: it didn't hurt though... the sleep was nice... :lol:

how'd you break your pinky?

I had a cist on my head above my left eye on my eyebrow. That was one of my least favorite experiences when I had my surgery to remove it. I don't like hospitals very much and it was really painful when I woke up and i'm not looking forward to any surgeries in the future.

Back