Surviving Without You

Title: Surviving Without You, sequel to We Will Be Remembered
Word Count: 500
Word: Emptiness

Thanks again to Michael_Vartan_Hottie, my awesome beta.

Michael stood wearily in the middle of the valley, dripping with the blood of the men he had slain.

Somehow, through a miracle from God, they had won the battle. The war was over.

Despite the victory, Michael felt no comfort. He thought it would give him some closure, help him move on, but he was wrong. Now that the war was over, now that he no longer had a distraction, he felt the pain return.

His gaze wandered to the sword in his hand. He began contemplating how easily he could slice his throat and be reunited with his princess. Then the emptiness in his heart would be gone and he would be whole again.

He brought the bloody sword to his neck, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath.

“Michael!” Eric screamed, but he was already too late.

With one swift trust, the sword pierced Michael’s chest. He fell, barely even feeling the pain.

All he could think of was Sydney.

Eric ran over, but there was nothing he could do.

Michael was dead.

Opening his eyes Michael was confused. He was sitting on a beach, the waves crashing upon the shore just a few feet away from him.

“Am I dead?” He wondered aloud.

“Yes.” Her voice melodic echoed eerily.

“Sydney?” He shouted looking around.

“I’m here.” She said, appearing beside him.

He reached out to touch her, afraid that she would disappear. But she was really there. Upon this realization, Michael took her in his arms and spun her around, laughing happily.

“You shouldn’t be here Michael.” She said when he put her down, growing serious.

“All that matters is that we’re together.” He replied simply.

“No!” Sydney said angrily. “You know that if you die, Sark will take your place as heir to the throne. The whole country will fall apart under his rule. You can’t do that to your people.”

“I missed you so much.” He said. “When you died, a part of me died too. Now, we’re here and that emptiness is gone.”

“Michael,” She whispered, running her fingers through his hair. “We will be together one day. I promise. But you need to go back. There are so many people that need you.”

Looking into her eyes, seeing them beg for him to go, he couldn’t deny her. “I’ll miss you.”

She nodded. “I love you, Michael. I will always be with you.”

“I love you.” He whispered back, a tear falling from his eye.

She smiled. Their lips met for one last kiss before he returned to the world of the living.

The searing pain in his chest woke him.

He was alive.

The next few weeks were difficult, but Michael made it through them. Everyone noticed something different about him. Before, he was just an empty shell, lost without Sydney. But now, he was alive and full of life.

No one knew what happened to him, but they did know that Michael Vaughn was going to survive.

So beautiful Kay! :hug:
i so loved the scene where he and Syd met up. . .
I felt like crying when she told him to go back. :cry:
and the whole idea of them meeting after death is just so fantastic!
Its like 'Even In Death' by Evanescense. :sigh:

thanks so much for writing please write more!

Zoe

So beautiful Kay! :hug:
i so loved the scene where he and Syd met up. . .
I felt like crying when she told him to go back. :cry:
and the whole idea of them meeting after death is just so fantastic!
Its like 'Even In Death' by Evanescense. :sigh:

thanks so much for writing please write more!

Zoe
actually, i'm watching the 'even in death' alias video on youtube right now... i love evanescence :D
and i might write more, depending on the amount of reviews i get for this and we will be remembered
thanks for reading :hug:

~Kay :angelic:

wow, that was amazing. D
it was so sad when she told him to go back.(n) can't believe he tried to kill himself...
great job. :hug: please write more!!!!!!!!!
oh and thanks for the pm. ^_^

Sydney's spirit knew Michael's time hadn't come. He had a more important duty in life. When it's his time to die, she'll come for him.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

that was GREAT kay, u need to make another sequel, one about sark and him fighting for the kingdom and him and syd and wow, i've got a lot! it was really good! and yeah, pm me if you continue. thanks for the pm.

-nads

I was kind of waiting for happy ending. Which means that Michael dies.
But he couldn't leave. All becouso of Sark. Maybe he need to personaly kick Sark a**

Ally :angelnot:

Back