Suspected Terrorist Activity

Dyngo

Cadet
Beware world-builders of HJ, Big Brother is watching!

A Chinese student has been arrested in Texas, charged with “Suspected Terrorist Activity”. This student was apprehended after parents discovered that he had used plans of his High School in the creation of a map for an online first person shooter. The authorities were notified after parents learned of the map from their children, who had downloaded it off of the internet.

link

I created my office building once on Tenchu 2 and filled it with suit wearing ninja.

Turr'ists must be stopped.

Hehehe.. I will forever remember the time many of my friends were suspended for "terrorist activity". I mean, plans to take over the US from a base in Antarctica using futuristic weapons and hover crafts certainly calls for getting kicked out of high school.

For crying out loud! It's because of paranoid people like this doing bad things to innocent people, which is why alot of people don't like America much. This is just another show of pure ignorance! They should have let that Chinese student back into school with an apology ready, and not expelling him.

To be honest, its pretty much felgercarb we (in sweden) hear about America, sadly.
Not as low as this article perhaps (i sniffed out that myself), but it ain't much "normal" news we get in Swedish media about the US.

It's abit interesting to think about how they actually pick the news... (I assume you got more stuff going around in America then warcrazy presidents and people shooting others at schools) But that's something I have to live with I guess, when newsreporting becoming more and more like entertainment.

Would be fun to know if you ever hear something about Sweden in the US, hehe (and if so; what)

*sigh* Sadly, I too know someone who was hit by moronic hysteria. A few years back a friend was LARPing in his rather sizeable back yard with some friends. He had a fake plastic pistol (one of the bright yellow and orange ones) and a neighbor called the police on him saying "My neighbor is waving a gun around next door and I heard shots fired." This was a neat trick considering the gun only shot soft plastic darts with a quiet clicking noise...
Anyway, he was arrested, handcuffed, and went to court where the judge promptly said that the whole thing was rediculous and dismissed it right there.

Edit:
Sweden, Dyngo? What's that? Seriously, mostly the US news ignores that there is a world out there. The only foreign countries we hear about are Iraq, North Korea, Iran, Isreal, China, and any other place where tensions/battles/politics/economic competion with us are running high. In general, if there isn't a war on there or they aren't counterfiting our products, we don't hear about it.

I on the other hand, read my news online and check BBC and a few other international news sites, so I have a much better idea of what's going on in the world. My parents always have the evening news on during dinner which is where I draw my comparisons from.

Yeah, I tend to see how things are in other countries as well. I mean, I know there're alot worse countries than the U.S. and there are alot worse contries than the U.S. as well. Basically, it's just that every country has it's good points and bad points. I just wished that people weren't so stupid and arrogant. They should talk to people about certain things instead of just going around to find a lawsuit to try and get some quick cash. I'm with that judge you posted about Dyngo. It's rediculous.

I'd be pissed. Absolutely irate. Like, physical-violence-inducing pissed. This is why I need a compound. Fools will always run the world, or, at the very least, maintain themselves as the majority of its population.

Gate: Parents? I thought you were like 32? Huh. Anyway, if my neighbors did that, I'd take that plastic gun over to their house and pistol-whip them with it.

I on the other hand, read my news online and check BBC and a few other international news sites, so I have a much better idea of what's going on in the world. My parents always have the evening news on during dinner which is where I draw my comparisons from.

Yeah, I too check up on the BBC online for my news. Of course, I have the luxury of working for public broadcasting, so we get a very healthy helping of BBC news and information as well as NPR (National Public Radio), which I feel is one of the few respected American news outlets.

I don't watch the news. Frankly, I find it far too annoying to know the goings on of fools, and that seems to be the case regardless of country. Sadly, I know there will come a time when I can no longer ignore the world around me, but... Until such time as knowledge of the world around me is required for my survival, I'll spare my blood pressure.

Back