Suwari

Suwari were, unfortunately, removed from release some time ago. They've been pushed back due to complications. They will exist as nonplayable characters, but not as a playable race at launch. It is expected that they will become playable with the first expansion.

~Dune~

Suwari were, unfortunately, removed from release some time ago. They've been pushed back due to complications. They will exist as nonplayable characters, but not as a playable race at launch. It is expected that they will become playable with the first expansion.

~Dune~

man, that means i can not have my main character until expansion time >< OHHHHH that blows lol

I don't remember them specifically saying "Expansion" - I think the Suwari might also come with a free Contentupdate. ...wishful Thinking, i guess.

But whenever they come, they better be very very well done !

This isn't new information... it is unfortunate, however, I'm just happy Simu is making the Suwari look great. Not like the cat race in EQ2, which looks like a quasi-retarded cross between a lynx and a can of soup.

Well I will get the game when it comes out and make some random characters as placeholders... or something. I would rather have them do a good job then rush anything but with the amount of delays in the release date of the game itself they may actually be able to finish the Suwari in time for release (wishful thinking I suppose). Also notice the comment on that page "Disclaimer: All information is subject to change as the game develops. Check back for updates."

I just want to actually be able to be one of the first people to play an MMO for once instead of always starting years after it's been released and everyone is already max lvl with like 10 different characters and anyone who seems like a newbie is really just someones alt. Like FFXI I got way after it came out and the game was totally slated towards high lvl players. EQ2 wasen't as bad at least there were a few newbies but still.

Well whatever happens I won't play the game at all (besides following around with character creation to see what it's like) until the Suwari are out, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

By the way Ratonga ftw!

Well I will get the game when it comes out and make some random characters as placeholders... or something. I would rather have them do a good job then rush anything but with the amount of delays in the release date of the game itself they may actually be able to finish the Suwari in time for release (wishful thinking I suppose). Also notice the comment on that page "Disclaimer: All information is subject to change as the game develops. Check back for updates."

I just want to actually be able to be one of the first people to play an MMO for once instead of always starting years after it's been released and everyone is already max lvl with like 10 different characters and anyone who seems like a newbie is really just someones alt. Like FFXI I got way after it came out and the game was totally slated towards high lvl players. EQ2 wasen't as bad at least there were a few newbies but still.

Well whatever happens I won't play the game at all (besides following around with character creation to see what it's like) until the Suwari are out, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

By the way Ratonga ftw!

yay another Ratonga fan! :D Yeah, i will be playing when it first comes out. I will be saving my name for when that race is released. Hopefully they do have the kinks worked out and will release at release day.

This was an absolute kick in the... stomach... for me, back when they said it. I really truly dislike playing humans/elfs/gnomes/dwarfs. So suwari were the only remotely likeable race for me. I don't know what I'll be doing now, and seeing as how I usually like to get my characters lvl capped and really well geared (wyr'd?) before I start a new one, I don't know what I'll do in HJ. I have to play, thats a given, but I just really REALLY dislike (read: hate) all the boring "fluff" classes. That's probably one of the main things I liked most about WoW: Killing gnomes/dwarfs/elfs/humans.

So it really is a sort of conundrum for me. I think I'll have to be a human, because plain-jane is better than fluffy... but do I just sort of screw around, waiting for suwari? What if they're not out for 4-6 months? Or do I play my human like I normally play my characters, while all along hating/resenting/screaming at/berating/degrading him, and then when suwari come out... wait until the stupid human is maxxed/geared, then start the suwari?

I think I know the answer, when I'm honest with myself. Because I'll be coming over to HJ with 10 or more friends. I certainly won't want to quit in the middle, and start over as a lowbie. That would slow them down, too. Ingame features or not, it's still going to be better with same-levelled characters rather than not. And I certainly don't want to make them suffer for my unusually strong dislike for the "core" felgercarb races. :(2 But I certainly won't be enjoying HJ as much as I could/should.

Perhaps make an unsual form of one of the base races?

Make your human character big, muscular, bony, and green and you practically have a Gor'Tog. Make your character look like a wolfish, wild human and you have a Rakash. Make your character elfish, dark skinned, with pale hair and you have a Drow or Night Elf or whatever.

So you can't have fur and a tail yet... ah well. At least take a moment to watch some of the videos on character creation. The sheer level of mutability in features is amazing from what little has been shown. You can make any sort of unfurred and unsclaed humanoid you can think of, so just think of unusual kinds of humanoids that aren't actually furries.

~Dune~

That's the best part about HJ honestly... I mean, I think when someone thinks "Oh I can be this race" they think of previous games like WoW or EQ2... not HJ. From what I've seen you could be a dark skinned, pink haired "High Elf" race... it kind of makes the canvas a whole lot bigger. ;)

Isn't the large green tinted humanoid race on hold as well? I believe so. Anyway, I'm guessing that since they do/will exist, simu will probably prevent you from creating a human that looks like the greenish race. So the most "manipulation" I'm guessing we'll be able to make them larger than normal. Maybe a little more tan... :|

I've seen all the stuff... it's great. But I'm willing to bet that a human is still going to look mostly like a human, an elf an elf, a gnome a gnome and a dwarf a dwarf. They've got some great races planned for later release, and I'd like to play at least two of them. But at release? Races are pretty pland. However, if I had to choose between being a really cool tauren, with little-to-no customization, or a really lame human with tons of customization, I'd pick the human (obviously). :P2 No doubt, if SOMETHING had to go, they made the right choice with green humans (orc?) and suwari... but it still sucks.

The green human you're thinking of is probably a Gor'Tog.

"The original Old Blood Humans are stalwart and sturdy, while the Togs, who are easily distinguished by their greenish skin, are usually slightly taller and even bulkier."

I guess Togs could be short for by "Gor'tog." Never was able to find any HJ related info about them, other than that... and I think someone saying on the official boards that they, too, were delayed.

Yah... and did you know that young Togs are called "Togglers"? :smiley:

Read up on the Gor'Tog info at the link I sent. I'm pretty sure they'll be pretty similar to what they have in mind if/when they're ever in HJ.

Yeah, not sure which I'll make first now. Suwari or Tog... hopefully I'll be able to make my human ugly enough that I wont need/want a tog. But I doubt it. Maybe we'll find out more at gdc. [-o|

Yeah, not sure which I'll make first now. Suwari or Tog... hopefully I'll be able to make my human ugly enough that I wont need/want a tog. But I doubt it. Maybe we'll find out more at gdc. [-o|

The great gamer dream! Making ugly characters! And this ain't yo' mama's bad hair day ugly.. No, this is "closed the circus down because of sheer terror" ugly! Fo' shizzle.

The great gamer dream! Making ugly characters! And this ain't yo' mama's bad hair day ugly.. No, this is "closed the circus down because of sheer terror" ugly! Fo' shizzle.

Hehe yeah, I can't stand cute and fuzzy... it's almost as bad as the 50 year old guy in a convertable hotrod zoomzoom fast speedy car.

...or the bodybuilder in a monster truck. :^O

Hehe yeah, I can't stand cute and fuzzy... it's almost as bad as the 50 year old guy in a convertable hotrod zoomzoom fast speedy car.

...or the bodybuilder in a monster truck. :^O

I don't see what's wrong with any of those...

Well anyways I was hoping that the classes would work the same way. I noticed that there are only a few classes so I'm really really hoping they have flexible, customizable classes. [-o|