Sweetest Goodbye

amy lynn

The Polish Pirate
Sweetest Goodbye
The final installment in my Maroon 5 series:

This Love
Hit the Road
Figure Eights

I wanted to do what I am about to do in at least one story of mine – and I think it fits with this storyline perfectly and not any of my others. This one is a little less angsty than the rest of them – even though it is goodbye, it is a sweet goodbye. And now, on with the story…

Where you are seems to be
As far as an eternity
Outstretched arms open hearts
And if it never ends then when do we start

Sydney Bristow. She was arguably the only person in his life that Sark ever truly loved. His father was an abusive Russian aristocrat and his mother had stopped loving him years ago – sending him off to boarding school because she couldn’t stand the sight of him.

Sydney Bristow was different. She seemed to want to know the real him. A scary thought to a man like Sark. The moment he had accepted his government assignment to go undercover with Irina Derevko, he knew that he was dedicated to the spy game for the duration of her life. There was no out-clause in their partnership. He had done the best job ever, convincing her of his loyalty. She never questioned him – he never gave her reason to. His mission was to slowly undermine her through passing all information along to British Intelligence, and that is what he did. His only way out was if Irina died – but the government didn’t want her dead. They wanted to know what she knows, and for that she must stay alive, which meant that Sark would eventually have to leave Sydney.

Sydney Bristow wanted out of the game. She was in it for revenge on the Alliance. He was in it for life. When he had first been approached by British Intelligence, he had refused. Julian Lazarey had been an extremely intelligent but bitter young man who just wanted to be left to wallow in his self-pity. Eventually he accepted their offer; but it wasn’t until later, when he had no other choice.

He could still smell the rotting jail cell that he had been detained in while on that fateful trip to Spain. The bitter young man that he had been finally caught up with him – and he was in real trouble. The killing of a Spanish government official in a bar brawl was not something the Spanish police took lightly, no matter how low-level the man was. Now, Julian Lazarey was about to be executed for his crime.

That is where British Intelligence once again entered his life. They had been keeping tabs on him – they saw his intelligence and his potential, and they wanted it for their own. So, they saved him from that rotting jail cell and certain death. In return, Julian Lazarey had no choice but to work for them, become Sark, and infiltrate the organization led by The Man.

Now, the Alliance had outlived their usefulness to the government and to Irina Derevko. Sark had the information and his orders were to relay it to Sydney, knowing she would give the intel to the CIA and they would be able to raid all of the Alliance SD-cells.

Sydney Bristow would be free. But Julian Lazarey would not. His job as Sark would not end, because Sloane was off on his own rogue plan – a plan that was linked to Irina Derevko.

Sark’s job was far from over.

I'll never leave you behind
Or treat you unkind
I know you understand
And with a tear in my eye
Give me the sweetest goodbye
That I ever did receive

Sark did not know how he was going to say goodbye to the one good thing in his life. He was under direct orders not to tell a single soul about his status in British Intelligence. They would never give him permission to tell her.

The question was – would he break orders? Or would he relay the information and leave her without saying a word?

He knew that there was only one answer to that question. Love did not play by any rules, neither did Sark, and neither had Julian Lazarey. The only way to keep Sydney was to tell her the whole truth.

Only then would he be able to leave her without a heavy heart – and maybe with the possibility of her love in return.

Pushing forward and arching back
Bring me closer to heart attack
Say goodbye and just fly away
When you comeback
I have some things to say

He went to visit her for the first time ever in their relationship. It had been difficult, but he had taken all of the precautions necessary so that Sloane or the Alliance would not find out. As he made the walk up to her apartment he was nervous. Sark – the supposed international terrorist who struck fear into many with just one look – was nervous. The letter he had written to her, explaining everything, was burning a hole in his pocket.

He knocked on her door, like any normal suitor would. Sydney opened the door with a look of shock in her eyes. Sark was the last person she expected to see at her doorstep. She always figured he would just break into her apartment and show up.

“I didn’t expect to see you here.” She sounded surprised, but not unhappy to see him.

“May I come in?” He asked, his voice more quiet than normal.

Sydney didn’t say anything; she just opened the door all the way and walked back into her apartment – silently giving him permission to enter.

Sark walked in, closing the door behind him. “Where is your roommate?”

“Francie is at the restaurant until late tonight. We have a few hours.”

Sark sat down facing her, unsure of where to begin. He decided to just give her the letter and let that speak for him.

“I shouldn’t stay long, I just wanted to give you this” He says softly, handing her the letter.

Sydney takes it, looking at it skeptically.

“Just read it. After you do, meet me at the place I mention in the letter. I’ll be waiting there for two hours. I hope you show up.” With those words, he let himself out of her apartment, so she could read his letter in peace.

How does it feel to know you never have to be alone
When you get home
There must be someplace here that only you and I could go
So I can show you how I
Dream away everyday
Try so hard to disregard
The rhythm of the rain that drops
And coincides with the beating of my heart

An hour later, she still had not shown up. Sark was waiting on the private strip of beach, hoping desperately that she would believe the words of his letter. He had written the whole story, told her the whole truth and at the end of it, he asked her to meet him here – one last time for them to be alone before he had to leave. After tomorrow, he would no longer be at SD-6, and after a few more days SD-6 would not even exist.

He was so engrossed in thought that he did not hear her footsteps. She stopped walking towards him and spoke. “I believe you.”

He turned around and faced her, looking deeply in her eyes. He only saw the truth. “You do?”

“Yes.” Her voice was clear. There was no hint of deception, disbelief, or anger. It was full of acceptance and honesty.

“I was not supposed to tell you any of that.” His blue eyes burned with a fire that Sydney had not seen before, but she knew what it was – love and appreciation.

“I know. But I am glad you did. I am sorry you have to leave soon, but I understand. You have a job to do.” And Sydney did understand, as much as it saddened her. She knew what it was like to keep secrets from the friends that she loved. She did it every day with Francie, and it killed her. She could not hold it against Sark, or Julian, or whoever he really was.

“Yes, and so do you. You are vital to the destruction of the Alliance. When we speak tomorrow afternoon, I will give you the final piece of intelligence that you need to make it happen.”

Sydney nodded in understanding. “I didn’t come here to talk about work, though.” Her voice turned mischievous and her eyes sparkled with desire.

I'll never leave you behind
Or treat you unkind
I know you understand
And with a tear in my eye
Give me the sweetest goodbye
That I ever did receive

Sark’s heart skipped a beat as he got her meaning. In less than a second his body was up against her and their lips met in a passionate kiss. As Sark’s lips played upon hers, Sydney began to work on discarding his clothes. Her hands went to his shirt to begin unbuttoning it – but suddenly Sark pulled back.

He looked around at where they were and hated to be the voice of reason, but there was no convenient place for what Sydney had in mind.

Sydney seemed to know exactly what he was thinking. She reached into the bag that she brought and pulled out a blanket. “I came prepared” she said simply, when she saw the question in his eyes.

Sark took the blanket from her hands and laid it down on the soft sand of the beach. He then sat down and offered his hand up to Sydney, to help her down as well.

She placed her hand in is and was once again amazed at the sparks that went through her entire body every time they touched.

Pushing forward and arching back
Bring me closer to heart attack
Say goodbye and just fly away
When you comeback
I have some things to say

They leaned towards each other and their lips met in a sweet, soft kiss. It quickly became much more, however, as Sydney crawled across the blanket to straddle his lap. Her hands quickly finished the job that she had started earlier. Sark’s shirt was quickly discarded.

Sydney began to move her hands up and down his smooth, muscular chest. Her fingernails slightly flicked at his nipples; eliciting a half-moan, half-groan from Sark. She broke their kiss, put her hands on his shoulders, and pushed him back until he was lying down completely. She leaned her head down, but instead of going back to his lips, she began to tease his earlobes with her lips and tongue. For this, she received a full groan from Sark.

As her lips began to trail down his neck, she slid her body down his and began to stroke his c*** through his pants. She could feel him getting harder with every stroke. His hips jerked upwards as he growled something about not teasing him.

She looked up into his eyes, burning with desire and decided not to torture him any further. She went through the process of unbuckling his belt, unzipping his pants, and taking his boxers off all in record time.

There he was naked and throbbing with desire in front of her. He was the most beautiful male that Sydney had ever seen. She placed her hands on him again, feeling his silky hardness. She began to stroke him and at the same time place kisses down his chest. Finally, her mouth caught up with her hands.

She took the tip of his head into her mouth, and licked with her tongue, as her hand still caressed the rest of his length. His hips jerked up again at the touch of her mouth and he groaned in appreciation. Sydney then removed her hands and took the whole length of his c*** into her mouth. She moved up and down, sucking and licking the whole way.

Sark was about to reach the edge when he decided that he did not want to come just yet – not this way.

How does it feel to know you never have to be alone
When you get home
There must be someplace here that only you and I could go
So I can show you how I feel

He grabbed her face and lifted her up along his body. He kissed her softly on the lips and then flipped her over, to worship her body as she had done to him. He slid her shirt off of her and was pleasantly surprised at her lack of bra. He took his time with each breast, first stroking her tips with his hands, pulling and pinching at her nipples until she was fully aroused. Then he leaned down and began to place hot breaths on each of her nipples before he licked them, and took them fully into his mouth.

While doing this, he had used his hands to remove her pants and her underwear. His fingers began to gently stroke her outer folds. As he could feel her desire begin to grow, he found her clit and began to massage her most sensitive point. Her hips began to writhe under his fingers, her body wanting more.

He slipped one finger inside of her, stroking in and out along with the movements of her hips. When he could feel her walls starting to clench and the moans escaping her mouth getting louder, he decided to give her what she really wanted.

He pulled his hands away at which point Sydney gasped with desire, wanting him to come back to her. He covered her body with his own and as his lips met hers, he slipped his c*** into her fully.

They both groaned into each others mouths at the sensation of him inside of her. They reveled at the beauty of their perfect fit. They moved together in that special rhythm of theirs until her walls began to clench around him, signifying the coming of her release. A few moments later they both reached ecstasy together one final time.

As they lay together, their limbs still entwined, Sark noticed the silent tears running down Sydney’s cheeks. For once, they were tears more of joy than sadness. Even though he was leaving her soon, she finally knew the truth about him. She knew that no matter what he had done in his life, no matter what he would do in the future, Sark – no, Julian Lazarey – had a heart and that heart belonged to her.

He leaned over and wiped her tears away with his hand, looking deeply into her beautiful brown eyes.

“One day I will find you again, Sydney Bristow. And when I do, we will finally be able to be together. There is no other person in the world meant for me but you.” Julian Lazarey came out of hiding for one last moment, and told her how he felt. He would have to slip back into Sark as soon as he left her, but in this moment – he had to tell her how he felt until the day that he could show her his love forever.

Sydney kissed him softly. “I’ll be waiting for you; I’ll always be waiting for you.”

That was the only goodbye that he had needed. It was not goodbye. It was Au Revoir – until we meet again.

Author's Note: I have thoroughly enjoyed writing these stories. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your lovely comments about this series. It is a sad day for me that I am finished, but I am actively searching for some songs to start maybe another series. Again, thanks! And I hope you enjoyed this last installment!

As much as I wanted this fic... I really don't want to read it..... cause it's the end! Noooo!!! (n) :brokenheart:

Sydney Bristow would be free. But Julian Lazarey would not. His job as Sark would not end, because Sloane was off on his own rogue plan – a plan that was linked to Irina Derevko.
Poor Sark has to stay in the game... without Sydney...

Only then would he be able to leave her without a heavy heart – and maybe with the possibility of her love in return.
“I was not supposed to tell you any of that.” His blue eyes burned with a fire that Sydney had not seen before, but she knew what it was – love and appreciation.
He loves her. :love: And she knows it. :love:

Sydney nodded in understanding. “I didn’t come here to talk about work, though.” Her voice turned mischievous and her eyes sparkled with desire.
Sydney seemed to know exactly what he was thinking. She reached into the bag that she brought and pulled out a blanket. “I came prepared” she said simply, when she saw the question in his eyes.
^_^ She came prepared... :lol: (y)

His hips jerked upwards as he growled something about not teasing him.
:lol:

He was the most beautiful male that Sydney had ever seen.
I can just imagine... 🤤 :thud: :love:

As they lay together, their limbs still entwined, Sark noticed the silent tears running down Sydney’s cheeks. For once, they were tears more of joy than sadness. Even though he was leaving her soon, she finally knew the truth about him. She knew that no matter what he had done in his life, no matter what he would do in the future, Sark – no, Julian Lazarey – had a heart and that heart belonged to her.

He leaned over and wiped her tears away with his hand, looking deeply into her beautiful brown eyes.

“One day I will find you again, Sydney Bristow. And when I do, we will finally be able to be together. There is no other person in the world meant for me but you.” Julian Lazarey came out of hiding for one last moment, and told her how he felt. He would have to slip back into Sark as soon as he left her, but in this moment – he had to tell her how he felt until the day that he could show her his love forever.

Sydney kissed him softly. “I’ll be waiting for you; I’ll always be waiting for you.”

That was the only goodbye that he had needed. It was not goodbye. It was Au Revoir – until we meet again.
:thud: :love: This was quite possibly the best - and sweetest - goodbye I've ever read!!!! It was beautifully written, Amy!! And such a perfect ending to this series. And the song, of course, was perfect!! (y) (y)

Every fic has been absolutely amazing and I loved reading them! Just sad that it's the end.... but you've still got L&F and Red for me to read. :D

Ohh... The end!! (n) But it was an awesome end to the series-hot, sad, and bittersweet all at the same time. I heart your song fics, Amy... All of them! I really hope you do another series with a different batch of songs; this is way too good to be the last series. ;)

Too frickin' sweet. He wants her love in return; lovin' how you wrote this. :love:

*sighs* That was the perfect ending to the series. It's sort of on an upnote, and yet...it's ambiguous. :love: So perfect!!!!

I don't think I thank you two, Joyie and Dita, enough for your reviews! They always make my day! I love that you pick out your favorite quotes because its nice to see what people really liked! You guys always end up picking out my favorite quotes too! :lol:

Anyway, here's a question I'd like some feedback on... :chatchairs:

I've gotten some reviews asking for an epilogue of sorts, where they meet up again in say 5, 10 years...Is that something you all would like to read? Or should I just leave it where it is? I'm conflicted about this...because I really liked the ending the way it was...but I could potentially write just a small ending that would satisfy people...I dunno! :thinking: :Ponder:

Help please! :Please: :flowers:

ETA: Much thanks to those who left a response to this!

I have decided against an epilogue at the moment. I really love where this story ended-it was the ending that I wanted. Anything else I've tried to write hasn't worked, because my heart was not in it. Thanks so much for the lovely reviews!

:blush2: Awww... Thanks, Amy. You do such a good job on your Sarkney fics I feel compelled to R&R!!! ^_^

Getting on with it, I personally LOVED and adored the ending to the series. I thought it was beautifully written and open ended... My favorite!! :D

Having said that, you should do whatever feels right to you. It is your series, after all. If you feel like it needs an epilogue (sp. ?); then go for it; I certainly wouldn't complain. ;)

Whatever happens, would ya let me know?? Because I definately would like to read it if you do decide to do an epi. :flowers:

EDIT: It's official. I HATE Flood Control.

How did I not see this before? <_<

:flowers: For you, for writing such amazing fics!!

But anyways, as Dita said, it is your fic and you should do whatever feels right to you!

Buuuttt... I'm a happy ending kind of girl :smiley:lol:smiley: and even though I more than loved that ending... they didn't end up being together. Even if it was bittersweet, it still broke my heart! And if an epilogue would mean that they'd be together... then I'm all for it!! (y)

i adore this so much! i can't stand that it's over. but it's meant to be over. don't write the epilogue for a while. it needs to be left at peace for a little while

Wow! This can't be over! He has to find her - meet again - when it's all over! I gotta know if she does wait for him! *sniff* What a wonderful piece! :smiley: If you do write an epilogue can I get a PM?