SWG: Chapter 6 (Beast Master)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karetyr

Cadet
A lot of people hate SOE for taking out Creature Handler.

Beast Master is not Creature Handler. It is ten times better than Creature Handler. It is worth - wait for it - forgiving SOE for.

Beast Master is kind of like a crafting expertise tree available to everyone. Anyone can use the pets they create; they are the ones that create and train the pets.

In order to make pets, a Beast Master needs an Incubator, geothermal energy, and twelve enzymes. Enzymes are collected in various ways, from using an enzyme extractor, looting dead animals, and foraging (which is absolutely necessary, as one of the enzyme types can only be acquired through foraging).

All FOUR Trader professions crafts something very useful for Beast Masters. Yes, all four, even Domestics.

The process of actually creating a pet involves three experimentation sessions separated by 30 real-time hours. It's possibly for the pet to mutate during each of these sessions. Yes, these mutations are represented visually! Also, more colors are available than with Bioengineer.

Let me show you the relevant Friday Features:

Mutations of Science

Beast Master Incubators

WarCry article

Interesting.

Shades of days gone by actually. In a good way to be sure. I had that 'Ooooo lookie that!' thing goin' hehe. And I'm glad to see that new creatures were created for it. Profession related intracacies like that were always a good thing to immerse/involve you.

Made me wonder if they're slowly revamping the professions that were removed and reinserting them over time?

I've been watching it. I plan to go back for atleast a month when it comes back lol

As an ex-MBE I have to laugh, it took them being forced to revamp the game, remove our classes, and then a year for us to get the changes we had been requesting for years ;)

I've been playing as a Beast Master since it hit TC.

Let me tell you, this is what BE/CH should have been. It's freakin' AWESOME.

My baby murra, Chioh:

swgchioh.jpg

Hammer may need to know. =P

A small group of my guild were playing it until LotRO came and redrew the map of our gaming life.

Now, I have the odd distinction of being the only TCO member who actually plays SWG regularly...

LOL, yes, I would say that's right. Quite a few still have access with their Station pass (or whatever it's called), but certainly don't play it regularly.

Who [...] is 'Hammer'?! OMG, LOTR is annoying, and I don't want to hear about it. SWG is dead to me. Remember that movie 'Heavyweights'? SWG is the Blob, SOE is the crazy people running the camp. The killed it. Those [people] killed it. X-( Well guess what, Lars?! We have bears here, [my friend]! And they're waking up hungry, you son of a [proud and loving mother and father]!

:-L And that, fair citizens of the Hall, is my opinion on the subject. :^O ...Seriously, though, guys: If you tell them where my chocolate is hidden, I'll knife the lot of ya. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back