Swimming

I used to do competitive swimming but i stopped this year. I had started when i was 6 and i'm 14 now so i still did it for quite a few years.

My friend used to do competetive swimming, she had been swimming for about 5,6 years and she was pretty good at it. A lot of her coaches were impressed with her and everything, then she had to quit, and she hasn't swam for about 2 years now almost three, it was sad to see her quit because she was so good at it.

spy_girl21 said:
My friend used to do competetive swimming, she had been swimming for about 5,6 years and she was pretty good at it. A lot of her coaches were impressed with her and everything, then she had to quit, and she hasn't swam for about 2 years now almost three, it was sad to see her quit because she was so good at it.
That sucks... :(

michael phelps is so wonderful to watch swim. he's soooo graceful. if i see him at U of M, i'm proposing and we can have swimming babies.

seeing i'm at college now, i'm not doing swimming at the college level, but i am an assistant coach at my old high school.....*sigh* i'll miss it so much

Michael Phelps is fast in Butterfly, but Ian Thorpe is fast in Freestyle, so it evens them out. I hate how everyone is making such a huge deal over Phelps. Sure, he's a really good swimmer, but saying "He's the best ever" and "He's gonna win all golds" I mean, come on! The only reason Mark Spitz won that many medals is because there weren't as many good swimmers to race against back then, then there are now. -_-

I still think Ian Thorpe is the best. ;)

I wish they would show competitive swimming more often on TV. After watching the Olympics I'd really like to follow some of the U.S. athletes.

michael isn't new to pro swimming. if you follow it, he's been around since just after the sydney games swimming professionally in international and national meets.

btw, abc and espn sometimes show big meets, IE, the world championships they definitely show, i think they show national and international meets too.

fellow swimmers???????????

i swim! i love to swim! i could talk about swimming forEVER!

hi, i'm beth, and i love to swim!

i've been swimming since...ah...*counts*...i was...hmm...*counts*...5...i think...

my best stroke is FLY! i <3 fly! but not the 200...just the 100...

ok, yay for swimmers! ^_^

omg swimming :love:
its my love
when i swam compeditively - 8 yrs starting in 5th grade - i'd swim like 1-2 miles a day :thud:

now i dont have time to do that but i go crazy if im not in the water very frequently - i swear im part fish :P

Back