Swimming

Yeah. None stop swimming is a pain in the ass! I just got back from my last meet this year. I have to go back tomorrow too. I have to wake up at 4:00am. I'm not a morning person! :P

Alias_Freak said:
Yeah. None stop swimming is a pain in the ass! I just got back from my last meet this year. I have to go back tomorrow too. I have to wake up at 4:00am. I'm not a morning person! :P
why do u have to go so early? 4 am?! poor you!!

Haha, 4AM does seem really early doesnt it? My practices start at 5AM so I am just assuming that is when his/her morning practices start.
~Carey

I had a swim meet that was like 3 hours and 45 minutes away and I have to be in the pool by 8:00am. The people screwed up all my times. I was so mad!!!

Well i'm going to say something then... swimming is fun but not at practice. I HAAAAAATE IIIIIIIIT :lol: I just want to kill my coach...

but i'm still oging to try out for the high school tema :rolleyes:

I'm feeling really left out at this moment :( . I do swimming but just for fun or for times... I do Synchronized Swimming... is there anybody else here that does that?? If so please speak up.

I just want to get something straight before anyone starts thinking about how easy synchro has to be( some people think you just do a handstand on the bottom of the pool and wave you legs around). This is totally not true. Synchro is like the hardest sport in the world because:
1. you have to be faster than a competitive swimmer
2. you have good balance
3. you have to be very flexible
4. you have good muscle toning
5. you have to have a wicked lung capacity
6. you have to have the skill and grace of a dancer or figure skater
7. you have to get along with your teammates or you'll never get anywhere

OK... sorry bout that, but I feel like I have to defend my sport or everybody points and laughs.

Synchro is really fun too. I proud to say that me and my duet partner are the Provincal Champs of Newfoundland and Labrador.. Yea!!!

The worst part about synchro is that we only get like 3 competitions a year :angry: :
Frosty Festival ( a local thing)
Provincals
and Atlantics

You and your teammates and coaches are like best friends and we go through a depression from withdrawl during the summer when synchro's over.\

Sorry the posts so long ^_^

Finally! Somebody else who does synchro! I do it more for fun than for competitions, but I think you're the only other person on here who does synchro.

Alias_bestthingsinceslicedcheese said:
1. you have to be faster than a competitive swimmer
2. you have good balance
3. you have to be very flexible
4. you have good muscle toning
5. you have to have a wicked lung capacity
6. you have to have the skill and grace of a dancer or figure skater
7. you have to get along with your teammates or you'll never get anywhere
:smiley: Wow! i've never thought of it like that before! it sounds like alot of work! But, why would you have to be faster at swimming than a competative swimmer? Does that mean that the people that do Synchro- in the olympics are faster than the olympic swimmers? :P Wow! i just confused myself! lol
~Carey

Back