Swimming

Basically you need to be faster than a competitive swimmer to build up endurance... my cousin was in competitive swimming and she went to a competition where there were a group of synchro swimmers who decided to like convert to speed swimming and they kicked some serious a$$! Also you want as many lengths of the pool that you can get in your aloted time of about 2 - 3 1/2 min. :D

...and Sarah your like my new best friend ^_^ where do you swim to?

Oh. I swim in Ontario, and I don't really go to any competitions or anything. :blush: I just do synchro at my town's complex with five other people, plus whoever tries it for a session and then quits.

Yeah!! Competitions are the greatest... they last all day for 3 days straight usually. It's wicked fun just to watch the other teams swim. I find competitions are a part of what makes synchro fun because you spend months working a routine that's no more than 3 1/2 mintutes for just that day. It's like the best feeling in the world when you hear your club's name announced for 1st place and your name among those who helped make it possible. Also it's fun just to hang out with your good friends and fellow teammates all day and you really get to know each other a whole lot better. :smiley:

You should try entering a competition... I don't know if you know this but Ontario and Quebec are like the Canadian Olympic hockey teams of synchro... They usually always get a gold or silver medal at the Canada Games and Easterns.

I love synchronized swimming!!!!!!!

I can't actually DO IT... i just love WATCHING IT.. it's so pretty... everyone is soooo..... SYNCHRONIZED! :lol:

And dude- you've got to have huge lungs.... to be able to breathe like that :lol:

I wish I could do it but I have horrible lungs and swimming is bad enough...

Also i've never heard of a place near me where they have sync. swimming

Alias_bestthingsinceslicedcheese said:
Yeah!! Competitions are the greatest... they last all day for 3 days straight usually. It's wicked fun just to watch the other teams swim. I find competitions are a part of what makes synchro fun because you spend months working a routine that's no more than 3 1/2 mintutes for just that day. It's like the best feeling in the world when you hear your club's name announced for 1st place and your name among those who helped make it possible. Also it's fun just to hang out with your good friends and fellow teammates all day and you really get to know each other a whole lot better. :smiley:

You should try entering a competition... I don't know if you know this but Ontario and Quebec are like the Canadian Olympic hockey teams of synchro... They usually always get a gold or silver medal at the Canada Games and Easterns.
I don't even know if there is any competitions near me. Maybe I should check sometime.

Believe me... if you're from Ontario you'll find a competition somewhere... just check some local pools... I mean I'm from Newfoundland and we have a synchro club at almost every pool and well we don't have too many pools in Newfoundland... there's even a synchro club in Labrador. Go to a pool where there's more activities at you should find an organized synchro club there that can get you into a competition ^_^

Back