Sword of the New World

I was gonna give it a try the other day until I found out it was an Asian game. I got this image in my head of bad translations, grind fests and boring interfaces.

They did a good job of making it English friendly. The NA version (sotnw) is revamped by an American company.

Game, as "Asian" games go, is decent. We enjoyed it but the North American version is a subscription game, which in our opinion the game isn't worth $10 a month to play. Pay shops maybe. For $5 a month and no payshops, maybe. But not no $10 a month.

Yeah, it's not full and deep enough a game to pay that much for. The combat is fun and the art is very pretty but without other things to do besides fight I'm unwilling as well.

I think the 8.1 rating on mmorpg.com is way over-rated aswell.

In my opinion, all the people who have rated it that high are short term players because I think this is one of those games which is like WOAH! for the first 20 levels but then it starts getting repetitive.

The group system is unique though, I'd give them that.

I don't pay any attention to the mmorpg.com rating. Last I check LastChaos and Hero Online were rated above 7.5. That's just nonsense

I'll poke my head in here. I played it briefly. Difficult controls, shoddy gameplay, and probably 95% of the game seems to be levelgrinding until more quests are released. I had high hopes for this game too, but after playing it, I give it an F.

I don't pay any attention to the mmorpg.com rating. Last I check LastChaos and Hero Online were rated above 7.5. That's just nonsense

A little late to be quoting this, but MMORPG.com's ratings mainly come from "Is it free?", "Is the PvP fun?" , and "Are the graphics nice?"

We're actually playing this a bit now that it's free to play. It's one of the few semi mindless games that allows us to listen to audio books while gaming. This weeks audio book is "She Comes First" by Ian Kerner. *smirk* Nothing like a good book while you clear out a dungeon. ;)

Back