Syd and Sloane

xoAliasox

The Chosen One
Okay there was a message a couple of days ago asking why Syd didn't remember knowing Sloane when she was young.
My theory is that if you watch the episode where Syd finds out about project Christmas she doesn't remember being trained! The doctor who hypnotised her said that at the end of the month of the so called 'camp' (the russian spies or whatever they are)before they returned home the kid's memories were reset and all they remember was that the had a great time!!
So what if Syd's memory was reset so that she wouldn't remember project Christmas or knowing Sloane!!
Thats just my theory!

This is about Sydney, so moving to Sydney forum . . .
;)

Wait, so I'm not sure I understand your theory (although it does sound interesting) Are you saying that Sloane was involved w/project Christmas and Syd's spy training? Or are you saying that she isn't able to remember anything for a month, a year, several years?
I always thought it was strange that Syd didn't remember him at all. I know he said he left when she was young (by the way, could this be at the same time as Irina? hmmm...) to go on some sort of mission(s). But even so, you think she would have had at least a vague recollection of him. She's a smart girl, a genius in fact..and she generally does have a good memory.
I think you're right to question this. If the writers made a point of having Sloane say that he was a part of her childhood and she doesn't remember that, they must have a reason.
Argh! So many questions!

What I mean is that Project Christmas was tested on Syd and she didn't remember it so i was thinking that she couldn't remember anything in that time because that was the same year that she tried out for the school play after laura died and she didn't remember! So my Theory is that Sloane was part of it!

If they wiped Sydneys memory for, lets say a year. Then a lot of thing could have happend in that year and Sloane could have played a part in those events, but so far I don't think we have enough information to suspect that Sloane had something to do with wiping Sydney memory when she was young. But there is certainly a lot to work with for the writers.

syd has def. lost some time when she was young, that the writers have made pretty clear, like the dream in s3 she was remembering some things, but why not suspect sloane, he's always saying he like's of her like his daughter, but i thought he said that stuff b/c her was tring to build a relationship w/ syd, he'd never have a lover relationship w/ her, so he was tryinh for the father/daughterly type relationship, buliding it w/ thought stupid lines, but maybe he did have some kinda role in that time lost?

Whatever the truth may be, one thing is for certain; there are more than enough unanswered questions to keep Alias going for many more seasons. Once they resolve the Lauren plot and the Rambaldi baby thing, we'll have another season to focus on all of Sloane's hidden schemes, Syd's childhood years...and you know Jack still has a ton of secrets that haven't been revealed. Now that Jack and Syd trust each other completely, you just know that the other shoe is going to drop soon. Okay, enough rambling...what thread I am in again? :confused:

filleinconnue said:
Now that Jack and Syd trust each other completely, you just know that the other shoe is going to drop soon.
There are enough "other shoes" on Alias for a millipede!
:lol:

verdantheart said:
filleinconnue said:
Now that Jack and Syd trust each other completely, you just know that the other shoe is going to drop soon.
There are enough "other shoes" on Alias for a millipede!
:lol:
Considering the lack of subtlety this season a whalipede might be more appropriate.

Back to the topic, the simplest explanation for Syd not remembering meeting Sloane as a child is that she was too young to remember. Presumably the majority of Sloane's interaction with the Bristow's would have been before Laura/Irina "died", which happened when Sydney was six or so.

Now I don't know about you but I don't remember a hell of a lot from the time I was six and very little of what I do was my parents friends.

Back