Season 2 Syd and Vaughn

Winter

Cadet
What do you think, now that we've had some time to see the relationship develop?
I think it's nice that there's still some arguing and tension (the shooting range) but that he still has his role as her comforter (last scene)
and I absolutely loved the scene were syd though he'd been shot....it was soooo sweet!
(although realistically speaking...I'm surprised Vaughn was back on his feet so soon...vest or no, falling down the steps like that and getting shot will hurt like a bi@#%ch...)
Despite my worries...I don't think it's gotten boring..and they didn't need to break them up to do it...

although the opening with those two was weird...
Vaughn-if i never see you again it's been fun..
Syd-Shut up.

now Syd's reaction was warranted...but vaughn's comment in the first place seemed childish and well...really stupid...like he was feeling sorry for himself..

I just thought he was being...I don't know...realistic? I mean it was quite possible Yaeger would have kicked his butt over the pavement for his actions...except that now his legwork probably is saving the cia lots of money. The relationship hasn't gotten boring yet...nothing on this show ever is!

hoo-rah to that~!

actually...i was just talking to a friend online and she suggested that they were teasing each other...probably...i guess i just didn't see it that way...

I think that they're relationship is being handled great and with class. It's better than having a virus pop up that prevents them from touching each other. :angry:

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>****aj walks away muttering about stupid writers and their stupid ideas sometimes****</span>

silly ajquest...that already kinda happened~! but I agree...the writers are dealing with the relationship in a way that doesn't kill the show....I just hope they can get Lena Olin back for another season!

I hope Lena comes back for another season too!! The scenes with Syd and Vaughn were so sweet! I loved em! This episode came with everything! S/V fluff, action, drama....COMEDY!

actually...i was just talking to a friend online and she suggested that they were teasing each other...probably...i guess i just didn't see it that way...

Yeah, I definitely think they were teasing each other. Syd was kind of trying not to smile when she said it. I loved that part! Vaughn summing up their whole angsty history together with, "It's been fun". :lol:

ajquest said:
I think that they're relationship is being handled great and with class. It's better than having a virus pop up that prevents them from touching each other. :angry:

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>****aj walks away muttering about stupid writers and their stupid ideas sometimes****</span>
lol, you know I understand you on this one. ;)

I love the way the writers are handling their relationship. It's real. They tease each other, and argue with each other, but at the end of the day, when one is dying inside, the other is just there. They don't need to talk, but just be there, and that's enough.

lenkid said:
I love the way the writers are handling their relationship. It's real. They tease each other, and argue with each other, but at the end of the day, when one is dying inside, the other is just there. They don't need to talk, but just be there, and that's enough.
oh, you just put it so perfectly. :D

i love that their relationship on the show consists of a bit teasing and concerned touches here and there and the writers don't feel a need to bombard us with sydney/vaughn moments. don't get me wrong, i love s/v, but i think the writers are giving us just the PERFECT amount of it. not too much, not too little... just perfect. :smiley:

exactly. It's not a love fest everytime they see each other. They know when to be there for each other, and when to leave each other alone.

I like the way they portray their relationship. I agree with Lenkid, it is not a love fest. I think that would put a real damper on the show. They give us just the right "dosage" of love.....

Back