Season 3 Syd and Will

Just wanted to know what everyone thought of that. At first I was really shocked that Syd would sleep with him so casually, but at the end they were both really happy about it.

i think they needed it... a lot of things happened to both of them and not only were they drunk but they were emotional... will knows how syd feels about vaughn and will likes that painter chick in his building...

i think they are best friends who have been through a lot... they will always have love for one another, but it will just be left at that...

I liked that it happened, and neither one were weirded out by it. And at the end when Syd said "we never did talk about that..." and he said he liked that, she just kind of smiled... I think that if Will ever did come back full time, I think that there's definitely the possibility that something will happen there. :P

:cool:

Yeah, I agree. But I think it would be fine even if Will didn't come back. Because if he did, they'd have to deal with a whole host of relationship issues and stuff. This way, they can go their separate ways and still know that someone loves them. awww... ^_^

Yeah, I thought I was gonna be all freaked out by the two of them together...but it was really nicely done, it just seemed like two friends who really needed someone and ended up going to bed together.

Remember that she told him she was depressed and alone. Maybe normal Syd wouldn't do that, but depressed and alone Syd is just being human.

I like them together! Will should come back full time and be Sydneys new Boy Toy, I mean Love.
I just loved him dressed up in action carring a gun ! Full blown hotttie! (y)

I just loved him dressed up in action carring a gun ! Full blown hotttie! 
I do agree with you there charstar! I was a little iffy about the haircut in the beginning, but he looked so good this ep! Way to go Will!

:cool:

I think Syd acted like a common house tramp. No class or respect for herself at all. Just like a common street hooker and not like a secret agent. " I love Vaughn still", " Here let me spread my legs for you Will." What's up with that. I really thought there was more to here than that. For 2and 1/2 years she's been spectacular now all of the sudden she acts like a drunken sorority chick at a frat party. Sure they've been through a lot, but sex? COME ON!!!! Just like that. There are 1000 reasons why the real Sydney wouldn't have slept with Will. That definetly was naught normal behavior. I hope it's not a glimpse of things to come. What I hate though is that it can't be undone. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatteeee it. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Not so Much a SydFan right now

maybe not normal sydney behavior.... bc they were drinking....

and ugh could you put it some other way than spreading her legs please?

SydneyFan said:
I think Syd acted like a common house tramp. No class or respect for herself at all. Just like a common street hooker and not like a secret agent. " I love Vaughn still", " Here let me spread my legs for you Will." What's up with that. I really thought there was more to here than that. For 2and 1/2 years she's been spectacular now all of the sudden she acts like a drunken sorority chick at a frat party. Sure they've been through a lot, but sex? COME ON!!!! Just like that. There are 1000 reasons why the real Sydney wouldn't have slept with Will. That definetly was naught normal behavior. I hope it's not a glimpse of things to come. What I hate though is that it can't be undone. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatteeee it. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: Not so Much a SydFan right now

Oh please! :angry:

She said "You're my best friend. You're my oldest friend. I love you." She never said that she loved him like a brother.

It was appropriate and touching how it took Syd so long to see that she was surpressing her true feelings for Will for so long. After they made love they thought "Why didn't we do this sooner? Why did we wait 8 years for something so obvious?"

It took the realization that they were what each other needed that finally opened their eyes. And at the end, they didn't say that it was all a mistake. I hope that their love can continue.

Now to be the Devil's advocate, Sydney only knew Vaughn from meeting with him over a few minutes for SD-6 counter mission briefings. So how could she fall for someone she hardly known and over such little time? That is more illogical than the Syd and Will love.

Jack told Vaughn that his feelings for Syd was hurting her. "If you care about my daughter as you claim to, then push her away. Be cruel if you have to. Make her despise you, because your kindness tortures her. I can see it, what it does to her, and I won't have it."

So this is what is going to happen for the foreseeable future.

Okay, I agree that it was something they both needed. But I def. don't think that they should start a relationship right now. Syd is still in love with Vaughn (which she has made abundantly clear with all of her crying all the time). She may love Will, but she doesn't love him as a boyfriend, just as a good friend. So I think the sex was just a way for them to sort of be close to eachother for a night. After all, Will was talking about how he's going to ask out the painter chick when he gets back to Wisconsin!

undefinedIt was appropriate and touching how it took Syd so long to see that she was surpressing her true feelings for Will for so long. After they made love they thought "Why didn't we do this sooner? Why did we wait 8 years for something so obvious?"

I don't think there was any real thought that went into it. That was the problem. Just a predators role on Will's part and a victims role played by Sydney. If she had any time to think or gather her wits she would have shut him down like she did in the beginning when they had the awkward kiss and decided, or she decided, to just be friends. But Will, like guys do, waited in the lurches, for his opportunity to pounce on his victimless prey, not taking into account her feelings our circumstances;only his own selfish wants and needs. He knew that Sydney only wanted to be friends, she had established that along time ago. But he waits and waits and waits, like a weak person with no character, for his opportunity to strike, then WHAMMM, he's in and it's to late. Then of course Sydney's going to make the best of it. She's an adult. It's too late to cry over spilt milk. You go Will!! You got yours!!PUNK!!

SydneyFan said:
But Will, like guys do, waited in the lurches, for his opportunity to pounce on his victimless prey, not taking into account her feelings our circumstances;only his own selfish wants and needs. He knew that Sydney only wanted to be friends, she had established that along time ago. But he waits and waits and waits, like a weak person with no character, for his opportunity to strike, then WHAMMM, he's in and it's to late. Then of course Sydney's going to make the best of it. She's an adult. It's too late to cry over spilt milk. You go Will!! You got yours!!PUNK!!
You must have been watching some other program. I saw a mutual decision in which Sydney made the first move--she was the one who began kissing Will on the lips after he hugged her as friends do. If she were a victim, there would be awkwardness afterward, and there was an unchanged relationship.
;)

Its wasn't casual sex people. Please get that notion out of your heads. Sydney and Will have always had a special connection, moreso from Will's side.

Sydney may love vaughn, BUT VAUGHN IS UNAVAILABLE! I think you guys are forgetting that. SHe owes Vaughn nothing.

Will and Sydney love eachother, Sydney said, "you're my best friend." Maybe not in the same context as how she loves Vaughn, but she does love Will very, very, very much.

Stressful situations lead people to do things they wouldn't normally do. Even without them being in a stressful, totally off-the-wall situation, I think their hooking up was JUST what the show needed. We finally see a genuine smile on BOTH of their faces.

undefinedYou must have been watching some other program. I saw a mutual decision in which Sydney made the first move--she was the one who began kissing Will on the lips after he hugged her as friends do. If she were a victim, there would be awkwardness afterward, and there was an unchanged relationship.

What I saw was a kiss of desperation from a woman in pain. Perhaps you've never been in a relationship before or known a feeling of despair. Perhaps you've never needed a shoulder to cry on and someone to trust and had your own feelings get a little out of control and need that person to be there for you and practice some discerning judgement? Rather than insinuate his or her own selfish needs. Oh I saw the program. Pleeeeeaaaaseeee!!!!

SydneyFan, I think you're overreacting and misinterpreting the situation. This was not a rape, or Will taking advantage of Sydney. In fact, one could say Sydney was taking advantage of Will, knowing as she did his love for her and his crush of several years. Maybe you have had bad experiences in your own life, but perhaps you're projecting those victimized feelings onto Sydney? I don't want to get too personal, but the language you used was rather upsetting, and Will should not be slandered in such a way, when it was obvious they were both willing participants and neither of them regretted it. Just look at their smiles at the end as evidence--neither of them were faking those.

SydneyFan, I think you're overreacting and misinterpreting the situation. This was not a rape, or Will taking advantage of Sydney. In fact, one could say Sydney was taking advantage of Will, knowing as she did his love for her and his crush of several years. Maybe you have had bad experiences in your own life, but perhaps you're projecting those victimized feelings onto Sydney? I don't want to get too personal, but the language you used was rather upsetting, and Will should not be slandered in such a way, when it was obvious they were both willing participants and neither of them regretted it. Just look at their smiles at the end as evidence--neither of them were faking those.

Ok, sure. You're right. Any port in a storm I guess. Let me put it this way. The women friends I have know they can get drunk with me and no matter what attraction might be there, no matter what problems there having with there boyfriends or husbands, they know things aren't going to get out of hand because I'm a person of character and I won't let that happen. It's called maturity and discipline and being a good person. I find it odd that suddenly Will was the right choice for Sydney when all this time before he wasn't. Then the next morning there's no talk of a relationship. She could have made things happen if she wanted to be with him. He could have been with her as an agent very easily, or she could of chosen to go into Witness Relocation if he was the new love of her life. Always before if Sydney had sex with someone it was for keeps and she was going to be with them. What happened to that. Don't give me " She's being human" that could explain away anything. Heck, that could explain away her humping a dog. Any good Psychologist will tell you that casual sex is not a healthy part of human behavior. It is a character flaw, and you don't get to be a super duper secret agent for the CIA by having to many of those. No, I like a strong character laden Sydney that isn't burdened by the confinement of men problems or relationship endeavors. A Sydney that burns bright on her own merits without the weight of a romantic entanglement. If she's going to be involved with someone in the future, and I think it may be someone new, it needs to be on her terms at her discretion on her time as she sees fit.

SydneyFan said:

Ok, sure. You're right. Any port in a storm I guess. Let me put it this way. The women friends I have know they can get drunk with me and no matter what attraction might be there, no matter what problems there having with there boyfriends or husbands, they know things aren't going to get out of hand because I'm a person of character and I won't let that happen. It's called maturity and discipline and being a good person. I find it odd that suddenly Will was the right choice for Sydney when all this time before he wasn't. Then the next morning there's no talk of a relationship. She could have made things happen if she wanted to be with him. He could have been with her as an agent very easily, or she could of chosen to go into Witness Relocation if he was the new love of her life. Always before if Sydney had sex with someone it was for keeps and she was going to be with them. What happened to that. Don't give me " She's being human" that could explain away anything. Heck, that could explain away her humping a dog. Any good Psychologist will tell you that casual sex is not a healthy part of human behavior. It is a character flaw, and you don't get to be a super duper secret agent for the CIA by having to many of those. No, I like a strong character laden Sydney that isn't burdened by the confinement of men problems or relationship endeavors. A Sydney that burns bright on her own merits without the weight of a romantic entanglement. If she's going to be involved with someone in the future, and I think it may be someone new, it needs to be on her terms at her discretion on her time as she sees fit.
Perhaps I'm getting a little emotional about a fictional character, but...
Haven't you ever found comfort in another person that you loved and trusted? Being a mature, strong, "good" person doesn't mean being a prude. It's about recognizing what you need and allowing yourself some freedom and pleasure. Sydney was lonely and needed someone - they found comfort in each other and there is nothing wrong with that. It's not about needing a man - it's about needing human connection with someone who is available. It's certainly batter than going after your true love - who is married to another woman...

Back