Syd&Vaughn ended just in time

I think if we're honest with ourselves the relationship between Sydney and Michael Vaughn ended none to soon. It had become boring to watch. The anticpation of their being together was much greater than the actual act, and I think the fact is that as a couple they we're kind of a big fizzling dud. The producers saw this and had to act fast. Rather than having us languishing weeking after week with another boring Vaughn-Bristow love seen we are back to being tortured by the poor couple that has been separted by fate. Tortured lovers. It's much more exciting and much more interesting this way. So we tune in once again in hopes for whatever small possibility there might be that the two might be together again and we enjoy the chase, or the ride, much more than the actual catch.

I don't think that they'd really had a chance to get boring (they were only together for 10 episodes), but I agree that it might have become a little boring if they'd just been happy forever. As much torture as it is to have to go through the angst and the *almost* kisses and the sexual tension again, I have to admit...it's not a bad kind of torture.

I think the payoff for their first kiss when they eventually get back together will be just as great as their first kiss in "Phase One." (They're actually cheapening it a little with all the fake kisses - the two dream kisses, and Syd's awkward I-thought-I-was-dreaming kiss. Those have the potential to lessen the impact of the first real one.) And since we all know they will get back together eventually, I don't really mind seeing this play out again.

As much as I hate to admit it, I see your point(s). While I agree with Azalea that their relationship was far from being boring, I don't mind this little lesson in angst. It hads more to the relationship and this way when S/V end up together it will be becuase they are meant to be together and their love was able to overcome some major obstacles. So in the end, it is better this way.

i agree with you Sydneyfan, it would get a little boring with them. I mean, you would see episode after episode with nothing happening between them. I like how, in season 3, that there is something big between them and they have to overcome it. That's what keeps the show alive is having people watch every week to see if they get back together. This was i good idea even if i am an S/V shipper :P

i also agree (since my favorite episode is "a broken heart") -- but don't we all wish that Syd and Vaughn will finally and FINALLY get together? I'm hoping that happens around season 5 ;)

Good point SydneyFan. I agree with you. Us, the fans, needed our world to be shaken a little. This gives ALIAS more appeal. Because of the "separation" of Sydney and Vaughn, aren't we all holding our breath in anticipation of when they would get back together again? It brought more excitement to the show and made us become more "involved". Just look at the tons of posts about the Sydney-Vaughn relationship. :smiley:

I don't agree i do agree u have a point but they were still sweet they weren't boring the one great tv relationship for me that got boring was Buffy/Angel.S/V I don't know I just don't think I would go as far as saying it was boring i would say we were getting comfortable with the idea.i mean it was kinda like in Phase One they just suddenly threw it at us.and u cant tell me that any S/V fan if they suddenly threw it back at us wouldn't be happy that they were back together cause if u said u weren't u'd be lying

I dont think it was boring, i was enjoyin it n it only lasted for 10 EPISODES, which was dissapointin! but its fun to see all the sexual tension between them n i cant wait for them 2 to get back together ,which they will eventually! But i wish it could have lasted longer coz it made us wait forever for them to get together! n it was never BORING!!!

when S/V end up together it will be becuase they are meant to be together and their love was able to overcome some major obstacles. So in the end, it is better this way.

HEY, a season and a half of MAJOR OBSTACLES : don't you think it was already enough !! :confused:
but well, i hate to say it but you're right : waiting is not that horrible (i mean, not that much !) and J.J sure does know how to tease us ;) ... but i have to say they were never, at any time, boring when they're together !! dude, it only lasted 10 ep !!! :(

now, i hope they'll get back together soon ... :P sorry, i can't help it : it's my romantic side ... :rolleyes:

and not they are back where they started and now jj must once again build the anticipation well ya know what im tired of waiting almost hlf the season has gone by and they are still not together why are they not together ill tell ya why because of MOO a.k.a. lauren i mean my gosh they were so cute together on the show and they just got together i mean yah it was very enticing watching them get together the first time but the second time around im not so sure i am such a sap i juist want them back together ya know sorry for those of u who actually like lauren i mean i just dont like something about is like just not right :P :smiley:

I don't really think they were ever boring, as other people said, they were only together for 10 eps. And I don't really think it would have gotten boring because there is so much else going on in the show, it's not all about S/V. As much as I hate Lauren, I know that Syd and Vaughn will be together in the end, so I'm not that worried. ^_^

i agree with katejones47.i believe they will get together.the gorgeous leading lady and her hot leading man will always have some troubles.u know.that's the core of a love story.why boring?i just love it. :lol:

For shippers, I'm sure it was very entertaining. For the rest of us, not so much.
;)

not boring - one of the best parts of the show was there relationship b4 it started and during! hate lauren!

jems said:
not boring - one of the best parts of the show was there relationship b4 it started and during!
Just for some. It was fine for me, but hardly one of my favorite parts.
;)

jems said:
not boring - one of the best parts of the show was there relationship b4 it started and during! hate lauren!
me too!!!

but for the time being, we'll just have 2 accept that they only have a working relationship (just like in season 1) *sighs*

Back