Season 5 Sydney & Jack

So, would it be safe to assume that based on what happened at the end of the episode with Sydney just looking at Jack saying "Dad" and Jack looking at her saying "I'll take care of it" and suddenly we end up in this random country and some indian dude is telling a VERY ALIVE Michael Vaughn that he has a daugther...so it's safe to assume that Jack and Sydney were behind all of this....I sure hope so because as soon as that classic black screen and "ALIAS" showed on the screen I was yelling "JACK AND SYDNEY KNEW ALL ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

lol

allow me to relay my theory on this:

remember in Prophet Five when Vaughn flatlined and Sydney was completely freaking? i believe that was completely real, however, after the commercial break she's a bit detached and she shares these knowing looks with Jack. i think that we didn't get to see Jack explain to Sydney that he put something in Vaughn's drink (much like he did with Sloane in S3) and so Vaughn wasn't really dead. so Syd & Jack both know he's alive, but no one else does. it would also explain why Syd didn't cry at Vaughn's funeral. after all, how much did she cry at Danny's funeral? and she loves Vaughn a million times more than she loved Danny, so you'd figure she'd be the dramatic widow that just loses it. but she just looked very sad and gave Jack this very enigmatic look as the guys were loading the casket in the hearse.

yeah, even before the epi, i was watching the first epi this season and i was like, "omfg!! it's the drink!!!! they put something in his drink!! OMG he's alive!"
so, i bet thats how they pulled it off. its the most logical/obvious... but then again, alias isnt always what it seemssss.

I always thought that they were behind it...because you also had the scene in the same episode having Marshall say something like...I just broke like 37 laws...and talking about passports and stuff. They never went back to explain what was going on. They wern't going to have that scene without it meaning anything. I always thought it was about them hiding Vaughn. So not only is Jack and Sydney involved, but so it Marshall and Dixon and Weiss....I"M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew that I saw some sort of nod or something but everyone said that it didn't happen!!! I can't believe that they knew tho! But I can still see how she can be upset to be alone during the pregnancy...I wonder if the birth was the event that they had to wait for to bring him back...but then why did syd contact renee rienne? to follow the rest of vaughn's investigation? Hmm...yayayayayay!!! ALIAS IS BACK!

I don't know if it was the drink that tipped me off, or just instinct, that I knew that Vaughn was alive. But I'm so glad to see him fully alive, not just an illusion!

im glad he is Alive!!!!!!! yeah that does make scense that Syd and JAck hid vaughn but then again what about irina i think she had some thinfg to do w/ it. and maybe renee?

Yeah, I think many of us pegged for the very beginning that Sydney and Jack were faking Vaughn's death and hiding him! I am so glad to find out we were right!
Do you think Irina gave the order to kill Vaughn? I don't.

I don't think that Irina put out the hit, but I do think that she knew about it beforehand. Maybe she wanted Vaughn to tell Sydney everything that he knew about Prophet Five so that Irina could play up the whole "I'm your mom and I'm on your side" bit to Sydney to get the info- cause she knew Vaughn would see right through it. Or because she thought that Vaughn was a dead man no matter what and she needed that information to survive in Sydney and she could play up the "I'm your mom and I'm on your side, and let's get these guys who killed Vaughn." Who knows. Maybe I'm just silly. :D

allow me to relay my theory on this:

remember in Prophet Five when Vaughn flatlined and Sydney was completely freaking? i believe that was completely real, however, after the commercial break she's a bit detached and she shares these knowing looks with Jack. i think that we didn't get to see Jack explain to Sydney that he put something in Vaughn's drink (much like he did with Sloane in S3) and so Vaughn wasn't really dead. so Syd & Jack both know he's alive, but no one else does. it would also explain why Syd didn't cry at Vaughn's funeral. after all, how much did she cry at Danny's funeral? and she loves Vaughn a million times more than she loved Danny, so you'd figure she'd be the dramatic widow that just loses it. but she just looked very sad and gave Jack this very enigmatic look as the guys were loading the casket in the hearse.

I really don't think that Sydney loves Vaughn a million times more than she loved Danny.

i'd just liek to say: worst kept secret in alias history

between:
1. the juice syd gave v in the hospital
2. the s/jack look after the funeral
3. pointing out the juice again in horizon

it was very obvious that sydney and jack hid vaughn for his own safety

dont get me wrong - i LOVE that they did that... *sigh* i was really rooting for the "syd and jack got IRINA to hide vaughn" theory... but, eh, i'll live

i agree janet - faking people's deaths is so commonplace i am suprised anyone believed vaughn was dead - particularly after the "drink some of this"...................oh no vaughn has flatlined scene :rolleye: i am just glad we saw vaughn in this episode and didn't have to be made to appear dumb for any more weeks.

the only monir suprise was that sydney knew - i actually thought jack and dixon might have kept it a secret from her too so she could grieve convincingly - but i guess that would have been a bit mean!!

the only monir suprise was that sydney knew - i actually thought jack and dixon might have kept it a secret from her too so she could grieve convincingly - but i guess that would have been a bit mean!!
definitely mean
but i belive she was able to greive convincingly because first - he was shot like a zillion times which obviously would be heart breaking to her, plus she was greiving the fact that he was going away and she wans't sure when she'd see him again

definitely mean
but i belive she was able to greive convincingly because first - he was shot like a zillion times

My big problem isn't the drink.. which was way too obvious.. but gimme a break! Shot a zillion times! with Blood, so don't talk to me about vests (which work really great with machine guns) ... I'll still love Alias, but I'll never buy that Vaughn lived thru it just because fans wanted him to. I'm very disappointed that he lives. I would have guessed that JJ had thougt it thru better than that :/

i belive that jack and syd both knew that vaughn was alive, it is so obvious at the end of the episode in the areoplane:

syd: she has vaughns eyes
jack: yeah she does
syd: dad........... (looks at jack like he should now wat she is thinking)
jack: (nodding his head, looking hppy, but sad replies) I'll take care of it

then they both smile and sydney looks peaceful

then it goes to how vuaghn alive were the monk dude tells him he has a daughter :D

Aside from the three evident clues, i knew vaughn was alive for sure when he told Syd "We'll find each other. We always do." in Sydney's dream sequence on the beach at the end of episode 10. I love foreshadowing and repeated one-liners like that. But how about guesss for the end of the season? I suspect the old Rambaldi prophecies wil come back into play with Syd's baby. Like back a while ago when they were trying to artificially use her eggs to make a child after her two year amnesia. I'm guessing the writers will bring back Rambaldi, reveal the final endgame and felgercarb, mess around with past characters, like Will, Anna, (and Francie? I heard rumors. any scoop?), and finally end the show with Syd and Vaughn retired from the CIA in Santa Barbara with their baby. I bet Jack, Irina, or both will die, possibly in order to save someone's life. And lastly, Sloane will finally get what he's got coming, however, knowing Alias, series finale or not, they will leave us with a clifhanger. Hopefully not something cheesy like a supposedly dead Sloane's hand trembling, but lately mt expectations for originality have dissipated. Still, gotta love the show for all it's worth.

My big problem isn't the drink.. which was way too obvious.. but gimme a break! Shot a zillion times! with Blood, so don't talk to me about vests (which work really great with machine guns) ... I'll still love Alias, but I'll never buy that Vaughn lived thru it just because fans wanted him to. I'm very disappointed that he lives. I would have guessed that JJ had thougt it thru better than that :/

but the rambaldi juice can bring peopleback from the dead - a few bullets isn't gonna be any trouble!! you did see Allison's comeback right!?! :thinking:

in the world of Rambaldi death does not = death ;)

Back