Season 5 sydney knew she was pregnant way before the doctor called

it was clearly obvious that jennifer garner was pregnant during shooting! you think they would have tried to cover it up better because syd didnt find out till about half way through the episode and even then she wasnt supose to have looked like she was already 6 months pregnant!

did anyone else find it hilarious the various ways that they covered jennifer garners pregnancy.....

1.in the field after the accident it was slightly apparent that she was pregnant
2.when vaughn and sydney were holding hands in italy it was obvious she had a large bump that replaced her stomach that is extremly noticable
3. in cape town when they were pouring the drowsy drink into the glass, her jacket was covering her stomach and then a few scences later it was her purse and another way they instead of using objects to hid her, they just took camera shots of her from her chest up
4. at the train tracks... a train cut infront of her but a train with out the cargo box so therefor you could just see her face as the train wized by

there were probably others but these were just the most obvious ones but i thought it was hilarious..... sydney may be real stealth but however the pregnancy team at alias is not

^^ agrees. I would have liked them to postpone the season to January and to start filming as soon as she loses some of the baby weight, which would be late november/early december if she eats right, exercises, and bounces back. I think she's due either this or next month. Then they wouldn't have to write the pregancy in and they can avoid the awkward "everyone knows, but we'll hide it anyway" camera shots. I think my favorite cover up was draping the scarf where it hangs infront of her belly. :rotflmao:

i dont know i think its nice to have her pregnant in the show as well....i think we kinda needed that esp since vaughn's gone......(most likely)...we needed some kinda symbol of their love left...:(

Hehehe...it was sooo cheesy the ways in which they found to "cover her up". Very obvious.

And I don't like her pregnant. I mean, I know it can't be helped, but I don't really think pregnancy adds much to a show...especially in a show like Alias.

^^ agrees. I would have liked them to postpone the season to January and to start filming as soon as she loses some of the baby weight, which would be late november/early december if she eats right, exercises, and bounces back. I think she's due either this or next month. Then they wouldn't have to write the pregancy in and they can avoid the awkward "everyone knows, but we'll hide it anyway" camera shots. I think my favorite cover up was draping the scarf where it hangs infront of her belly. :rotflmao:
actually, her baby is due in Nov. so we assume
she needs no less than a month maternity leave so there is no way that would work

besides, just be thankful we dont have to go through the whole season with creative bump hiding
come on it's just ONE epsiode jeez

actually, her baby is due in Nov. so we assume
she needs no less than a month maternity leave so there is no way that would work

besides, just be thankful we dont have to go through the whole season with creative bump hiding
come on it's just ONE epsiode jeez

It could've worked. My mom worked all the way until the day she had me (literally...she had gotten home from work and went into labor that night). And was only out from work for like 3 weeks. You can bounce back pretty quickly. Plus I'm sure they would've been more than willing to work some things out with her.

I agree with Jaimie. It just makes a lot more sense to have waited...then we wouldn't have had this baby thing forced on us either ;)

Is anyone kinda wondering how Sydney DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW about the pregnancy?

I mean she was obviously I little way along, and perhaps she would have already notice those things.....?

Is anyone kinda wondering how Sydney DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW about the pregnancy?

I mean she was obviously I little way along, and perhaps she would have already notice those things.....?

She did seem shocked when she got the phone call...which I suppose could be realisitc. But there are certain indications that a woman's body gives to show that she is pregnant. I just find it hard to believe that she had absolutely no idea...she must've at least had a thought that it was possible.

Um, not to be snarky, but don't you think the reason Sydney didn't know she was pregnant was because the writers' wrote it that way? We are talking Alias here, it does strive towards incredulous at times.. ;)~Laur

Back