Sydney & Vaughn (S3) - How It Should Be

Hey Guys,

My name is Brianna (Bree), and this is my VERY FIRST fanfic! OK...so I'm extremely nervous about posting this :blush: ...but I'm giving it a shot. I'm only going to post 1 chapter for now, but I will post more if there are people who actually enjoy it and want to read more.

Anyway, I had this thought;

"What if Vaughn never got married...he never moved on?"

So I thought I'd try and write something. The story is based in Season 3 and will still have the same missions, twists, etc; just with Syd/Vaughn scenes, if they were together. :love:

It is written in both Sydney's & Vaughn's POV...and possibly some others, but I'm not sure yet!

OK...
So all I ask is that you be HONEST...utterly and completley HONEST. I am planning for this fic to cover the whole of the Season...but that is only if people want me too continue!

So...I hope you enjoy...and PLEASE review!
Love Always,
Bree

**************************​

~How It Should Be~

Chapter One –
A Second Chance

Vaughn’s POV –

It had been almost two years since her death. Two of the worst years of my life. When she died, I pretty much died with her. I would drink myself to sleep every night, and stay in my apartment all day. I don’t think I saw daylight for months after my four months in France. When Sydney died, I couldn’t stay in Los Angeles. I had to leave. Everything reminded me of her. I couldn’t even bear going to work anymore. So I left. I quit the CIA and went over to France for four months. Weiss would call every so often to make sure I was OK, but he knew I wasn’t. He knew I was so lost, that I had no idea what to do with myself. So when I returned from France, Weiss had me move in with him. I was reluctant at first, but I was soon convinced.

Over the next few months I didn’t leave the apartment. Weiss tried to get me to go to a couple of King’s games, or even walk the dogs, but I just couldn’t be bothered. I was so lonely without Syd. I missed her so much it hurt. Some nights I would cry myself to sleep, thinking if I hadn’t have gone to that debrief; she would be okay, that she would be here today.

One night when I was moping around on the couch, Weiss came over and sat next to me. He passed me a newspaper, opened it to the employment section, and pointed to a teaching job at a local high school. I just glared at him, my eyes saying ‘Are you kidding?’ He stared back at me with a serious expression, and told me I had to cut this felgercarb out. I had to move on with my life. Maybe not with another woman, but get out there and start doing things again. Then he said something that made me realise he was right.

“Vaughn, you know Sydney wouldn’t want you to be like this. She wouldn’t want you to blame yourself for what happened. Hell, she would kick your ass if she ever found out.” He joked. “C’mon man, you know she would want you to move on.”
He smiled as he placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. I gave him a small smile, and I realised how right he was. I pulled him into a manly hug and told him, “Thankyou.” He released me and threw the phone my way. I knew what I had to do, and I dialled the number in the newspaper.

Sixteen months later, I was actually starting to enjoy my life again. I got the teaching job; funnily enough as a French teacher, the night I called. Well, after the interview. On top of that, Weiss arranged for me to gain my CIA clearance again, so I could help him with his casework etc. Every Friday, Weiss and I would order in pizza and drink beer, while watching a King’s game. We would laugh and joke all night, and it was those times that I was so grateful for having him being my best friend. On one particular Friday, Weiss called and told me he wasn’t going to be able to make it home. He said something extremely important had happened and that he was still to find out, so he would fill me in later. I told him it was cool, and I just watched TV by myself. Half an hour later, I had dozed off on the couch when the shrill of my cell ringing woke me.

“Hello?” I answered groggily.

“Vaughn! You need to come in right away man. Something’s happened. About forty-five minutes ago a missing agent contacted us from Hong Kong!” he said quickly.

“What? Weiss, why do they need me?” I enquired.
“Vaughn...it was Sydney.” He stated in a low whisper.
I stood there going over his words in my head. ‘Sydney’s alive?’
“I’ll be right in.” I answer. I close my phone and grab my jacket and run out to my car. Making my way to the JTF centre, one thing on my mind. ‘Sydney’s ALIVE!’

As I enter the facility, Weiss is standing at the door, ready with my visitor’s badge. He tells me everything he knows; Sydney called about an hour ago and spoke to Kendall. He told her to go to a safe house and wait for someone to arrive from the agency. She had no recollection of the last two years, and the last thing she remembered was passing out after shooting Francie, the second double.

I pull out my chair in the debrief room, as I wait anxiously for someone to begin speaking. I sit down, along with the other agents in the room: Marshall, Weiss, Dixon and a few others I don’t know. Soon the door to the debrief room opens, and Kendall walks in quickly. He heads to the end of the table and throws a number of manilla folders in the direction of every agent. Everybody opens their folder but me. I stare at Kendall and wait for him to explain our op.

After half an hour of going through every precaution we must take while retrieving Sydney, Kendall finally explains that Weiss and I will go to Hong Kong to recover her. Since the start of the meeting, all I’ve wanted to hear is those words. I still didn’t understand why he wasted so much time explaining the precautions we had to take to get to her. I could be with her in four hours if I left right now. Kendall finally dismisses us, and I race outside to my car, Weiss not to far behind.

“Vaughn! Hey man, slow down!” he says as he gasps for air.

“Slow down! What are you kidding me? Weiss, she’s alive! Sydney’s alive! I’m not going to slow down. For two years I’ve lived with her death, and now I finally have the chance to see her again! So don’t ask me to slow down!” I reveal firmly.

“Okay man. But think for a bit. We leave in 30 minutes, so let’s go home and pack some stuff. You know, she may need some things; clothes, food, whatever. Just relax.”

“Weiss, I’m not leaving in 30 minutes. I’m leaving now. I’m not waiting a minute longer than I have too. I’m leaving for Dover right now!” I turn and jump in my car and start it. I look to my side where Weiss has already gotten into the passenger seat.

“What?” He enquires. “Did you really think I would let you go by yourself?” He cracks a smile. I return his smile and speed out of the car park, heading for Dover Airport.

The plane ride to Hong Kong felt like it was taking forever. I was really agitated, and god was I nervous! All I could think about was Sydney. What was I going to say to her? Would she be the same person as two years ago? Would she remember what happened to her? I couldn’t think straight. I was so worried about her, and I couldn’t wait to finally see her beautiful face again, to smell her, to hold her. I look over at Weiss, who is sleeping soundly in a small chair two rows down from me. He looks so peaceful and here I am so restless and grumpy. I remove my gaze from Weiss’ sleeping figure and look at my watch. We should be landing in 10 minutes. Suddenly all my aggression and anger disappears, I realise that for the first time in two years, I get to see Sydney again, and a small smile of relief and hope appears on my face.
As the door to the plane opens, I ready myself for what is about to come. Weiss is following closely behind me, and places a hand on my tense shoulder as if to say; ‘It’s gonna be alright.’ I turn back and give him a smile. Finally we make it to the car that is waiting for us. I turn to look at Weiss, as he motions with his hand for me to get into the car. I open the door and place myself in the driver’s seat. I lean over a bit and close the door gently, while rolling down the window. Weiss moves his head in to speak.
“I think it’s better if you go by yourself. You know explain everything to her, give you guys some privacy. I know she would rather see you.” He grins lightly. “I’ll wait here for you guys. Take your time Okay. There’s no need to hurry.”

“Thanks Weiss. And not just for this. For everything you know, putting up with me, looking after me, supporting me. I owe you big time buddy.”

“Yeah, I know you do.” He jokes. “Hey! C’mon! What are you still doing here? Get going!” he yells while tapping the top of the car. I smile at him and start the car. “Hey, that’s something I haven’t seen in a while.” He says seriously while pointing at my smile. I offer him one last look and drive to the safe house in Tsim Sha Tsui.

I arrive at the safe house and park the car out front. I look up at three rooms that have lights on, knowing Sydney’s in one of them. Kendall told me that she’d be in room 47. I make my way out of the car and head up a set of stairs, the anticipation almost too much to bear. I open the front door to the large building, and start to head around a corner where I meet an older looking, Chinese man. I ask where room 47 is, and he points to a hallway in front of him. I nod my head in a gesture to say ‘Thanks’ and continue ambering through the long corridor. I look at the numbers on the doors as I pass; ’39, 41, 43, 45...47.’ I stop dead in my tracks and just stare at it. Behind that door is the woman I love. I place my shaking hand on the door handle, and slowly push it down, gently pushing the door open. Her beautiful brown eyes lock with mine.

This is my second chance.

Thanks Guys,
I don't know if you need it...but my email address is;
ilovealias4ever@hotmail.com
I TRULY HOPE YOU LIKED IT!

Hey Guys, :throb:

I AM SOOOO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED! I am REALLY SORRY...But here is the Second Chapter. I haven't tyed up the third chapter yet, but I can tell you that it's in Vaughn's POV! And it will be posted in the next 2-3 weeks! :blush:

Anyway...

Thankyou ALL so much for the AWESOME reviews. Seriously, they put a HUGE smile on my face. :D
OKAY, so I have the next chapter. I, again am really nervous about posting it...I'm not sure why though! :blush: Anyway, thanks again to all of those who reviewed and offered help with PM-ing! Oh...and you guys know the drill...PLEASE REVIEW HONESTLY...CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM...NICE COMPLIMENTS...WHATEVER...JUST BE HONEST! 👍
Also I have a PM list...Please let me know if you want to be REMOVED or ADDED! No offence will be taken! :throb: 👍
I REALLY want to say A HUGE THANKYOU TO MELISSA, who did an ABSOLUTLEY AWESOME JOB with the BETA-ing! I am in your debt!

Oh...and also...for those who have MSN...add me if you want...I LOVE INTERACTING WITH OTHER ALIAS FANS! MSN Address: ilovealias4ever@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you all soon,
Love Always,
Bree :love:

>>PM LIST BELOW<<

syd-157
AlexBristow03
SYD96
Meljay
LittleNicky
Syd4Vaughn
secret_agent_angel
li'l_roo
Michael_Vartan_Hottie
phoenix shotgun 47
Alias_Day

Chapter Two –
Hell of A Way to Wake Up

Sydney’s POV –

I wake up with a cold shiver down my spine. I gently open my heavy eyelids and search my surroundings. I can hear cars honking, and people talking. I close my eyes for a few seconds, trying to calm my wild thoughts. I slowly open them again, and move my arms beneath me to lift my body off the ground. I fail my first attempt as my arms collapse under me. I try again. This time even more slowly than the first. I get to my feet and once again look around. I notice I’m in a dark alley, surrounded by empty cardboard boxes and trash cans. I listen to the noise of the busy streets that are just ahead of me. I head towards the end of the alley, into the brightly lit street. Thousands of Chinese people surround me. Going about their separate ways. I look up and notice a large red sign. ‘Hong Kong’, it reads. ‘Hong Kong? How did I get to Hong Kong?’ I return my gaze to a man who walks right by me. I continue forward, feeling extremely confused. I walk for about three minutes before I finally spot a pay phone. I quicken up my pace and head straight for it. I am glad when I realize that the booth is empty, and that no one is around. I pull open the booth door and look over my shoulder to make sure no one has followed me. I enter the booth and slam the door behind me. I pick up the receiver and call dispatch.
“Dispatch.” A women answer.
“This is Officer 2300844 calling for connection. Confirmation,” I sigh a deep breath. “Looking glass.”
“Standby.” She replies formally. I wait almost 5 seconds before I hear Kendall’s voice.
“This is Kendall.”
“I just woke up in Hong Kong. I don’t know how long I’ve been here or how I got here.” I say nervously, yet quickly. I move my hand to rest on the glass frame of the booth to support myself. When I get no reply from Kendall, I speak again.
“Hello?” I ask.
“Get to our safe house in Tsim Sha Tsui as quickly as possible. You remember how to get there?” He asks flatly. I scrunch my face up in confusion. ‘Why would he ask me that?’
“Of course I do.” I say as calmly as possible.
“I’ll make sure they’re expecting you.” I pause and think for a second.
“Okay.” I reply as the confusion returns. Soon enough the line goes dead and I hang up the phone. I look down and stare at the ground, hoping it will make sense of that strange conversation. No such luck. ‘What does he mean; do I remember how to get there? Why wouldn’t I?’ I lift my head, and push open the door. I walk away from the pay phone, and head straight for the safe house in Tsim Sha Tsui.

I look up at the worn down building. The outside walls are covered in graffiti, and the footpath is littered with trash. I make my way up a set of stairs, and head in through the main entrance. There isn’t much inside this 3-storey building. Only broken pieces of furniture lying amongst all the rubbish on the ground, and the half torn posters hanging on the walls. I follow the narrow entrance around a corner and spot a Chinese man standing behind a small desk, talking on the phone. He looks up at me, and finishes his conversation before hanging up. He walks around the front of the desk and nods his head to acknowledge me.
“Hello.” He welcomes me with a strong Chinese accent, although he is perfectly understandable. He reaches his hand forward, and I take it graciously, replying to his welcome by giving a small bow. We soon release our hands and he nods towards a hallway in front of him. He starts walking, and I follow him closely, watching as he pulls a set of keys from his pocket. As we walk along the corridor, the sound of crying can be heard. I wince at the sound and try to block it from my head. I stare at the back of the man’s head and figure that maybe he knows more about what happened to me than I do, so I open my mouth to speak.
“Have they said...” My voice comes out hoarse and soft. I clear my throat loudly and begin again.
“Have they said anything about how I got here?” I pause, but quickly continue. “Do you know any possible...?” I start but the man interrupts me as we reach a room.
“They’ve asked you to wait for information,” he fiddles with the keys until he finds the one to open the door. He slides it in and starts to turn it as he continues. “Until your contact arrives.” He pushes the door handle down, and opens the door. I give him a small smile and watch as he walks away before entering my room. Room 47. I enter cautiously and close the door behind me. Considering the state of the rest of the building, the room is okay. My head is swimming with thoughts of my arrival here in Hong Kong. The last thing I remember is a figuring out that Francie was the second double, shooting her 3 times and then collapsing on the ground from exhaustion. Oh God! Will! He was in the bathtub soaked in blood. God, I hope he’s all right. I could never forgive myself if he was killed.

I notice a small lamp to my left and turn it on. I head toward a door, which I figure is the bathroom. I guess correctly, and find a set of clothes lying beside a small table next to a bathtub. I reach over and turn the tap on, fixing the water to the appropriate temperature and begin to get undressed. I go to remove my wet jumper, when I feel a sharp stab of pain travel across my stomach. I quickly move my hand to the area of the pain. I gently lift my jumper and stare at a large scar across the right side of my stomach. I lightly place my hand over it, flinching at the pain of that simple touch. Tears begin to well up in my eyes when I realize I have no idea what has happened to me. I slowly take the rest of my clothes off and sink into the warm water of the bath. I turn the tap off and close my eyes, trying so hard not to think of the scar that lay across my stomach.

‘I don’t understand how I got here. I collapsed after shooting Francie, but everything after that is a blur. What happened to me?’

15 minutes later, I raise myself out of the bath, and wrap myself in a towel. ‘My contact has to be arriving soon’, I think to myself. I pick up the new change of clothes, and move over to a small mirror. I lift up a white singlet and pull it over my head, followed by a grey sweatshirt, casual jeans, and some runners. I study myself in the mirror, and realize I have no cuts or bruises on my face. I move closer to the mirror and lift my hand to touch my forehead, looking for any signs of my fight with Francie. Tears start to fall from my eyes when I realize that my face is completely healed. There is nothing unusual there. Nothing out of the ordinary. I back away from the mirror, and walk out into the main entrance, placing myself in one of the chairs. I put my head in my hands and let the tears fall freely. Sobs wracked through my body. I squeeze my eyes shut and take a deep breath, trying to compose myself. My thoughts wander back to the night of the fight. Vaughn! We were supposed to go to Santa Barbara. He booked the hotel, and he was going to pick me up after the debrief. ‘What if something happened to him as well?’ Oh God! If Vaughn was hurt...or worse...killed...I would never be able to live with myself. Tears start to fall again as I worry about Vaughn. ‘I just want him here...with me...I need him to be HERE!’

I couldn’t help myself. The scar on my stomach was new, and I had no idea, how the hell I got it. I lift my grey sweatshirt and touch my scar again. It doesn’t hurt as much as it did before, but I still flinch at the thought of what could have happened to me. I am distracted from my thoughts when I hear the door open. I drop my sweatshirt and look up. There he was, standing right in front of me, and I knew everything was going to be Okay.

Thanks Guys!
Melissa You Are Awesome!
Love Always,
Bree :throb:

Back