Sydney

SydB_JenG said:
most of the other characters are somewhat at ease now...as for Syd...she has a whole new thunderstorm coming her way.
Let's see,

Vaughn has to face Sydney being alive with his having tried to start moving on (apparently)
Dixon might still be trying to adjust to living without Diane (look how long it took Jack to adjust--he still hasn't)
Will is probably still in pieces over the double-whammy of finding out about Francie and losing Sydney
Jack may be the worst off of all because he rebuilt his shattered life on the foundation of Sydney's future

Marshall might be OK, but he always seems to be OK, doesn't he?

Sark--good question; his loyalties are flexible
Irina--always seems to be on top of things (but she'll probably be around a lot less)
Sloane--time will be needed to deal with his latest plots

Francie--RIP; Francinator, probably gone (at least as a regular)

Sydney's still #1, and there'll be a couple of people showing up less, I'd think, but I don't see the angst meter lowering for many of the characters--or that that'll be a reason for more Sydney time!
;)

yeah Sydneys still the main character but now the writers are trying give us background and info onmotehr characters. ilike it. Marshalls funny. and Vaughn 'home life' with his 'wife' will be funny.

The show isn't called Sydney. It's called Alias. It can focus on anything. It was just mainly focusing on Sydney.
kylo4

I definitely agree that the show had begun to move away from focusing mainly on Sydney, but I think that this is because the first season was mainly us trying to learn about all of the characters in the Alias universe, right along with Sydney. However, as the series has gone on, we know more about each character, and so it makes it easier for us to dive into the home life of say Dixon, when earlier this would have seemed forced.

Now however, with season two ending the way it did, I think that the show will return to a more 'Sydney based' theme because once again, we will be learning about the characters in the Alias universe. Sure, we know bits about them, but we've missed two years of their lives, just as Sydney has. Once again we'll be travelling with her, learning things that we did not know, and eventually once again, I think we will return to the familiarity of the characters that we had near the end of the second season.

OK, since this topic has continued to get interest, let's look at it from the other side. What characters have been ignored? Sark has been absent for long periods. We've just gotten snippets of Irina throughout much of the season. And Sloane for the first part of the season was kind of in the background quietly working on his Emily project. Dixon was absent from several episodes. Francie we know was relegated to her restaurant and popped in for a scene and then disappeared. Will also popped in and out with not too much to do outside of following the Project Christmas storyline. Jack had a lot to do much of the season, but there were times when he was reduced to exposition man. And of course Vaughn is always around, but he always seems an accessory to Sydney--as in secondary. Marshall only came to the fore when he was abducted. Has Sydney ever been ignored or dropped? No. I suppose toward the end of the season everybody seemed to get into the act--however! If Alias is the anybody show, it's the Sydney show. You could remove any one character--even Jack--and it could survive--any character except Sydney.
;)

verdantheart said:
If Alias is the anybody show, it's the Sydney show. You could remove any one character--even Jack--and it could survive--any character except Sydney.
;)
exactly... alias isn't alias without sydney. and season 3 they will have to focus on her because of the major cliffhanger they left us with.

I agree too - would like to see more of Syd. I really liked seeing her on different jobs all over the world (and her outfits!). I would also like to see more of Vaughn for purely selfish reasons......

i would like 2 c more of vaughn saving syd (now that's romantic) come on anybody else wanna c the strong side of vaughn instead of the weak side?

if there was a way for syd 2 b the main character, but still there was more syd and vaughn time that would work 4 me

syd i s always in the plot.. everything has to do with her... rambaldi, vaughn dixon.. the people in her life.

xoxilovevaughnxox said:
syd i s always in the plot.. everything has to do with her... rambaldi, vaughn dixon.. the people in her life.
yeah exactly. The show deals with everything in her life, so really the show is still about her. She's the main character and always will be. If she wasn't, then there'd really be no point to the show.

Back