Scarlet Crystal

Bibbity Rabbity
title: Sydney's Dog
author: me, anna
disclaimer: it's J. J.'s except for the dog\
rating: PG

Chapter One
Cassie (the dog)’s POV

The day I first saw my owner was not a happy one. I was being separated from my mother and family, though I was old enough. Looking back now, I think I was very immature. But that was then, and this is now.

I’m here to tell you how Sydney and I make a great team. Well, as I was saying, it started when she walked in the room four years back. She was at the CIA as I later found out, and trying to take down a most evil man named Arvin Sloane… who was in league with her mother, Irina Derevko. Imagine! If my mother were like that, I’d be an abandoned puppy…

Anyway, she saw me immediately as the one who had the most energy, even though I was supposed to remain calm as my mother had told me. So she picked me up, and I licked her face; and here I mark the beginning of a wonderful relationship, though all I though of once I was separated from my mother was being home. But then I didn’t know how I’d be needed in the later years.

Chapter Two

Well, Sydney took me home and put me in a cozy dog bed with a bowl of food next to me. Once I had calmed down, I was very comfortable. I ate… slept… and then Sydney would take me out when I whined and let me relieve myself. Life was good for a very long time. After five months, my life changed and became more like Sydney’s.

She took me to the CIA headquarters so they could look at me. After they had made sure that I was not carrying any devices to track or watch Sydney with, they began to teach me.

I learned many things there… how to walk properly on a leash and to always obey my mistress. But those are the basics. Once I had proven myself a very good dog (to Sydney’s pride), they took my education in a different direction. They taught me how to do tricks like jumping and crawling, and also how to fight an opponent whose legs and ankles were at my eye level. I became very experienced.

Once they were quite pleased with my skills, they took my education in another different direction. I began to understand human speech, and how to respond in barks. I was happy about this because I could hear them praising me… But that no longer matters to me, and I consider myself foolish to have lived for praise before.

Now then, I could tell that I was a very exceptional student, and so could they. They then had me learn how to recognize bombs and hidden knifes, and how to pick a pocket or lock. I was very happy! The only thing that didn’t make me happy was that I didn’t see Sydney as much as I had before. I missed my old dog bed, since I now lived at a CIA training outpost. My teachers began to see my slack in my studies, and asked me what the matter was. I would respond in barks “Mistress, Mistress! I want!” when they waited for an answer. But they would only smile and tell me that I’d see her again if I cooperated. So I decided after a while that I wasn’t going to see Sydney again if I didn’t keep up to the expectations of my teachers.

They next took my training into the area of disarming a human with a gun in his hand, as well as the arts of stealth. They were pleased with me, but I still missed Sydney. But now, the teachers at the small outpost began to consider me ready to play big.

Chapter Three

To my delight, I moved back in with Sydney, which I think made my performance better. They put me in a few dog shows for fun, to show me to the world. And then, once I was a Best in Show dog, they began to prepare me for the next level.

They brought me and Sydney to the CIA again, except it was no longer a small outpost at the edge of LA. It was the real one. They took me inside with Sydney and let me come to meetings. My primary job was to watch what went on and try to understand the matter. Espionage came natural to me after that, since I could spot the obvious and make the connection that was required. My teachers were satisfied and decided to let me watch Sydney on a real mission, which was what I knew, would be my future goal. They gave her a small pin to wear in her earring and sent her off. They set up a program on a computer for me to watch, and I didn’t lose interest. I was an especially smart dog. I saw my mistress go through rooms and crack open a safe, disarm three guards, go to the team awaiting her for departure and leave with an item from the safe. I comprehended this with very little difficulty, which made my teachers very happy.

I watched a few more missions of Sydney’s after that, until the people of the CIA thought me ready to go out into the world for a mission. My handler was one of my teachers who seemed to know me very well. My job was to go into a building and disarm a bomb that was waiting to destroy the building at a set date and time. Unlike my training sessions, this wasn’t a plant of the CIA’s, but a real danger. Luckily, dogs with owners were allowed in the building. So I went in with a man from the CIA who was probably just a desk clerk who was getting a raise for working overtime. All he did was stall while I found the bomb and disarmed it. Then I snuck back to him and we left, with the bomb inside my little customized jacket that the CIA had given me.

My teachers were very pleased with me now, since I was the first animal they had tried this experiment on. Someday, there would be an ACIA, Animal Central Intelligence Agency, thanks to me and Sydney Bristow.

that was great got to love that story cant wait till the next post. vaughn better be in this story, and he better not have a cat!
~Ash~

i don't think vaughn'll come until later...

Chapter Four

I was now doing regular missions by myself and with Sydney, on which we bonded a lot. I came to know about the story of her family, and SD-6 (which she had helped to destroy), Micheal Vaughn, and many other things. We made a great pair. Now, I’m glad she didn’t pick some other puppy out of the litter from which I came.

Anyway, I was a very capable dog. They finally found my perfect mission: to capture a Rambaldi artifact. I knew all about Rambaldi by then, or what I could understand Sydney or my teachers telling me. I was required to pick up a manuscript with Rambaldi’s writings on it. I was sent to Chile, on a plane, which unlike most dogs I didn’t mind. (I also happen to enjoy car rides, with window open and the air on my face…) We landed and I was given last minute instructions, just like on a regular mission. Then I set off and my life was never the same.

Back