Sydney's Fire

:smiley: On the heels of SR's advice, here is the next part:

------

MEANWHILE, BACK AT CIA HQ

Vaughn is in a state of thinking when Brian comes up to him and wants to talk to him about something very important.

“Hey Vaughn.”
“Hey…Hey Bri, what’s up?
“Not much, did I disturb you?”
“No, it’s ok, don’t worry.”
“You’re thinking about her, aren’t you?”
“Yeah, I am. How’d you know?”
“Oh, just a thought. I think about Sydney, too. I get that same way sometimes. Only for someone else.”
“How so?”
“Just…just a girl I’ve had my eyes on for a long time.”
“Oh really? Well, what’s the lucky girls name?”
“Amanda,” Brian said as he smiled and couldn’t hide it.
“Pretty name. Well, why haven’t you asked her out?”
“My dang shyness. I mean I really, really, really like her.”
“What does she do? Any work for the CIA?”
“Nope, thankfully. She’s a singer and completely beautiful.”
“Wow, that’s pretty cool. At least you won’t have protocol to get in the way.”
“I know, sorry it has to be that way for you.”
“I’m sure me and Sydney will find someway to work things out.”
“Me too.”
“Well, I strongly suggest you go for her then, don’t wait. That’s what you wanted to talk to me about, right?”
“Oh yeah, that was it. Thanks for your help.”
“You’re welcome. Let me know how things turn out. And just a few more bits of advice, just ask her out, don’t go into any long-drawn stories, just do it. And two, be you, don’t be like an alias. Just have fun with her and get to know her and everything will go smoothly and you two will be a happy couple.”
“Thanks, I will. See you later.”
“Good luck and see you later, too.”

Brian walks away and Vaughn goes back to thinking about Sydney and seeing how lucky Brian is that he can go after whom he wants with no trouble. What Vaughn doesn't know is that Sydney and Jack are just about to start their mission in Moscow. Hopefully the mission will go without any anomalies.

Thanx for following up on my advice, Brian. :smiley: I wonder what's gonna happen between you and Amanda next.

And poor Vaughn. Him knowing that other ppl can be with the person they love the most but he can't. :(

MOSC[O]W, RUSSIA

It was like any other day in Moscow, clear and cold, but still beautiful. The only exception was that Sydney and Jack were on a mission and didn’t care about the weather or who they were going to have to “kill”. They just wanted to get it done and go back home. Inside their car on the way to Constantinov’s HQ, they talked.

“You ready, Syd?”
“Yeah, I’m ready. Have we got everything we need?”
“Yes, it’s all set to go. I’ll try not to follow you too closely so it doesn’t look suspicious.”
“Ok, sounds good. I’ll watch you get up from your desk and I’ll follow you. Do you want me to go to his office first or should you?”
“I’ll go, that way I can scope it out first and let you take over.”
“Me take over?”
“Yeah, pin him down, knock him out and tie him up and then we’ll ‘kill him’.”
“I’ll do that. Then once he wakes up, we’ll ‘kill’ him right?”
“Right. Oh and one more thing, do not let him kill himself. He is probably aware that we are coming for him and doesn’t wanna go to prison for his terrorism ties.”
“I won’t let him do that.”

They were now inside and separated for suspicion reasons and both made it through the security check with the greatest of ease. While walking toward her desk, Sydney made careful observation of who and what was around her. Jack also did the same and was watching out for Sydney of course from far behind. Both of them would act like they were typing and after settling in, they would proceed to Constantinov’s office and commence their mission.

It was now 11am and time was getting slim before their extraction team would be by at 3pm to pick them up and take the trio out. Jack knew this and decided it was time to go do it and get the heck outta there before they were identified. He slowly got up from his chair and walked past Sydney’s desk. She waited about thirty seconds before she got up and proceeded to follow him.

Of course the area was pretty well secured, but with their security cards, they got by rather well. Once they reached his doors, two guards, the only two guards around, asked them what they wanted to see him about. They told them they wanted to talk to him about security issues on their computers. And once they said that, they were both knocked out cold and moved away from the doors and walked into the office. Sydney and Jack both wondered if anybody else would be patrolling the office doors and they both hoped that wouldn’t happen.

“Dad, am I clear?”
“Yes, Sydney, go! I’ll stay right here incase somebody comes for us.”
“Ok, I’m on my way.”

Sydney ran through the long halls that separated his office from the doors down at the far end and finally came to another set of doors. She used the security guard’s card and found her way in. And there, Constantinov sat, calmly.

In his thick Russian accent he asked, “You’ve come for me, haven’t you?”
Sydney replied, “Yes, I have,” while watching his hands very closely.
“I know why you have come, but you’re not gonna get me that easily.”
“Oh really?” Sydney implied watching him even closer.
“Yes, I fear you will not complete your mission,” and pulled a gun up to his right temple.
“NO!” Sydney yelled as loud as she could and lunged for the gun.

uh oh. please don't let him kill himself! i know that sounds wierd but in this case they have to "kill" him so sloane doesn't suspect anything.

N[A]SHVILLE, TENNESSEE

Brian took Vaughn’s and his own advice about going to see Amanda and telling her how he felt about her. He took a flight outta L.A. and arrived in Nashville because Amanda was gonna be singing that night and it had been a long time since he’d see her. He kept in contact with her though by writing letters or sending her a birthday card. He just wanted to make sure she still knew he was out here for her.

He had talked to Amanda a few times before after a concert, but never really anything in depth. He wanted to get to talk to her and know her so bad. I wonder if she ever misses me, Brian thought inside his head. He was getting ready to go down to the park where she would be performing. It was just a few blocks away from the hotel and he had a feeling he would get in the front row where Amanda could see him best.

On the way there, he thought about Sydney and how she was doing on her mission and hoping she was doing alright. But what mostly dominated his mind were his thoughts about Amanda. He thought about what he would say to her and how he would ask her out to dinner. Yes, he was gonna ask her out to dinner, no matter what. I’m worried she won’t accept or she won’t have time for it or what if she’s not interested in me? I hope she’s as happy to see me as I am to see her, he thought inside his head again.

By the time he thought of all that, he woke up to the fact that he was already at the park and saw Amanda doing sound check. He wasn’t that far away from her, so he waved in hopes that she’d see and remember him. He smiled brightly as her saw and heard her singing, God, she’s so beautiful, I absolutely love her voice…and her. He kept waving and finally caught her attention and saw her smiling while she was singing. She motioned for him to come forward and of course, Brian did. He had to convince the security guards to let him thru. Amanda saw this going on and cut into the song she was singing and sang, “Oh, please guys, let Brian throughhhh, I’m really happy to see himmmm.” They all heard this and relented and let him go through. Brian walked over towards Amanda while she was still singing and just watched her in awe. Amanda did the same and sang to him.

She finally finished her sound check and walked back to get her bottle of water and took a drink and walked behind the stage with Brian.

“Hey Brian. It’s been a while, boy. How have you been?”
“Hey Amanda. I’ve been good, just been missing seeing you a whole lot. You did great during sound check.”
“Thanks,” she said as she smiled. “I’m so glad you’re here, I’d missed seeing you. I loved everything that you sent to me.”
“I’m so glad to see you, too, it makes me feel so much better. I’m also glad you loved everything I sent to you. I just want you to know that I’m out here for you.”
“I know you’re there. I haven’t forgotten about you, sweetie.”
“I could never forget about you either, sweetheart. You gonna get ready for the show?”
”Yeah, I am, but you can stay back here and hang out with me. You can help me pick out what I should wear,” she giggled as she said that.
Brian laughed with her and said, “Sure, I could help you, but you’d look great in anything.”
“Oh, you’re so sweet.”
“Thanks. I know there’s not much time before the show, but are we gonna be able to talk after you finish the show?”
“Yeah, sure. I don’t have to go anywhere else for a while, so we’ve got a lotta time. Is it something important?”
“Yes, very important. I’ll tell you after you finish the show.”
“Sounds good, can’t wait.”

Amanda and Brian were very happy to see each other and they kept looking in each other’s eyes. Brian couldn’t help himself from looking in Amanda’s green eyes and Amanda couldn’t help herself from looking in his brown eyes. They could feel the romantic tension between them mounting.

It was an amazing concert and Amanda sang her heart out in every song. She always does and Brian wasn’t surprised. Brian waited backstage for her so he could talk to her about the important thing he had on his mind. She appeared around the corner in a tank top with a little bit of her stomach showing, in blue jeans and with her hair pulled up in a ponytail, she looked absolutely endearing.

“Hey again Amanda.”
“Howdy Brian. What’d you think?”
“You sounded great, I know you sing your heart out every time. Luckily I caught your heart, when it jumped out,” Brian said laughing and smiling.
“Haha, very funny, Brian. Now, what was it you wanted to ask me?”
Brian thought about it and blurted it out, “Amanda, ever since I saw you I’ve always admired you, now I want to ask you the one thing I’ve waited for a long time for. Amanda, will you go out to dinner with me?”

It seemed like an eternity before Amanda would give her answer.

“Yes. I’m really flattered at you asking me this,” Amanda said gushing.
“I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 7pm, alright?”
“Sounds good to me, can’t wait.”
“Me either.”

There was something suspicious in the air though. Once Amanda and Brian had gotten things settled and went back happily to their places, there was this man who lurked about and was watching the two of them.

“Who and what is this guy up to?” Brian wondered, “He had really short blond hair and a tight face. Maybe Sydney and Vaughn know him? I wonder if Amanda felt the suspicions that I did. He better not ruin the date or he’ll have hell to pay.”

Tomorrow will be the day those suspicions are answered.

BACK IN MOSC[O]W

After lunging across the desk, Sydney had did it in time and got her hand on top of Constantinov’s and was now wrestling with his hand, luckily he hadn’t fired the gun. Yet. He shot the gun straight up in the air, but nobody’s hands were in the way of the muzzle. Sydney finally had enough and gave him a whopping roundhouse kick. He fell to the floor knocked out and the gun dropped a few inches from him. Sydney breathed a sigh of relief and checked the gun and disarmed it. Jack came running down the hall to check on her situation.

“Sydney…Sydney, are you ok?”
“Yes, Dad, I’m fine. I managed to knock him out. You, uh, were right, he did try to kill himself and I prevented it.”
“He probably won’t be out long. Let’s tie and rig him up with the stuff and when he wakes up, we’ll proceed to ‘kill’ him.”
“Ok,” Sydney replied still heaving from exhaustion.

Great story!! But............ I'm falling off a cliff here! What's gonna happen?????? Is the guy Sark? He always has to ruin every good thing....... Please write more!!

Back