Sydney's Nannies

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
You know, I was just thinking, we know that Syd was raised by "various nannies" but we've never really heard anything about them. I wonder if that will ever come up in a storyline?

I was thinking it would be cool if Irina had somehow chosen the nannies that Jack hired so that she could keep tabs on Syd. You know, to get pictures of her daughter and find out what was going on in her life.

Or possibly, the nannies could even have been spies or something. Anybody have any ideas on how they might work the nannies into the show someday? And who would be good to play one of them?

oh wow, i had never thought about that, how interesting. do u think they will come up in the satroyline? that would be an interesting plot twist.yeah, maybe Itrina did hire them, so would they then be KGB?

That would be cool if they were KGB, or at least hired by the KGB (i.e. Irina). Or possibly Jack hired through the CIA so he could guard against that possibility. Whatever the case, I'm sure Syd's always been at the heart of espionage, even when she didn't know it. I just think it would make an interesting backstory someday. After all, if you were raised by a nanny, wouldn't you sort of think of them as family and want to maintain some sort of contact?

It would be Irina's way of knowing Sydney was safe, and if she sent the nannies, then that explains how she knows that Jack taught Sydney how to be a spy when she was really little.

clarissima said:
It would be Irina's way of knowing Sydney was safe, and if she sent the nannies, then that explains how she knows that Jack taught Sydney how to be a spy when she was really little.
I like that idea, very maternal of our Irina.

I knew about Syd's nanies but I never thought about Irina hireing spies to look after Sydney so she can keep tabs on her. But I don't think she did. Because in one of the first episodes when Irina is in CIA custody Irina asks Sydney what part she played in a Thanksgiving play. If Irina was keeping tabs on Sydney she would have known that she was a turkey in the play already.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Edited to remove all caps - Charlie</span>

Frankly, I'd think the nannies would be CIA. That way, if something happened to Jack, the nanny could do something to protect Sydney right away. I'd try to do something like that if I were Jack.

Or, why did Irina ask SPECIFICALLY about that play, which was right after Laura Bristow died? The nannies could have been contrived AFTER the play.

And the CIA nannies...that sounds cool but why would Irina have contacts in the CIA to look after Syd? Or even if the CIA did it withouth Irina's urging, why choose to look after Sydney?

I think she meant that Jack would have hired from within the CIA to protect Sydney. After what happened with Irina, he probably didn't want to take any chances with his daughter....Another intriguing possibility.

Irina's question could be just to get Sydney to not think about the mission, to talk to her as a mother. I don't know. But this would be a very good storyline.

clarissima said:
Interesting.....how did Irina know that Jack tested Project Christmas on Sydney? It happened not long after she left, so she had to have been keeping some sort of tabs on her.

She probably knew from Haladki, or she guessed it from the fact that Sydney was in SD-6. After all, she knew all about Project Christmas, it was her job to know.

Azalea said:
I think she meant that Jack would have hired from within the CIA to protect Sydney. After what happened with Irina, he probably didn't want to take any chances with his daughter....Another intriguing possibility.
Yep, that's what I mean. I think it's far more likely that Jack would have ensured that the nannies be CIA, than hire them out of some general population which could contain KGB plants (sent by Irina or someone else). After what happened, I'd think that Jack would have been extremely careful with whom he entrusted the life of his daughter, especially considering the fact that he was forced into a life of extremely dangerous undercover work.

hmmmmm.....I got the impression no one else knew about Jack testing Project Christmas on her. It doesn't look like the CIA actually trained any other kids (that we know of yet at least). I am still suspicious..... :thinking:

Yah but if Syd was tested imagine how many others he could ahve tested

Francie was born in 1982 the year the tests were taken....hmmmmmm.. could it be... probably not but that would make an interesting plot

And I think Irina knew all along I eman she surveyed everything he said and everything he did in a briefcase. She should ahve a t elast knew something

AG

mdw said:
hmmmmm.....I got the impression no one else knew about Jack testing Project Christmas on her. It doesn't look like the CIA actually trained any other kids (that we know of yet at least). I am still suspicious..... :thinking:
Since he called somebody to tell them it had been done, at least one other person knows about it.

Agent_Goodnight said:
And I think Irina knew all along I eman she surveyed everything he said and everything he did in a briefcase. She should ahve a t elast knew something
Jack did this after she left, so she must know it from some other source.

Back