Syd's Mom

Hi all, - new here...

I have noticed that last season syd's mom played a dominant role in the episodes.... but so far her profile has been "minimal" - Does anyone have any thoughts or insight on her status yet? - I recall Jack contacting her to get intel to help Syd once this season so far, but...... :confused:

Yeah, they haven't even really mentioned her the last few eps. :( I really
thought Syd would in Remnants when she was talking about her depression,
Francie, Vaughn, etc. Her mother's absence should be one more thing that
stinks about her life right now!

I'm not sure where she's supposed to be hiding or what she's up to. She
is sorely missed!

i dont think any one really cares where Irina is...i mean Syd is a really big subject w/ the LA office right now so...

You guys ARE aware that the reason we haven't actually seen Irina is because the actress who plays her, Lena Olin, quit her position. So unless the Alias production team can work out her contract, she's gone.

If you're spec-ing on where Irina is right now in terms of the Season 3 plot, then I don't know. I'd say she's lying low, maybe from something that happened during Syd's missing two years. There's evidence to support the claim that Julia/Syd was in contact with Irina during those two years...

dertyklobb said:
You guys ARE aware that the reason we haven't actually seen Irina is because the actress who plays her, Lena Olin, quit her position. So unless the Alias production team can work out her contract, she's gone.

If you're spec-ing on where Irina is right now in terms of the Season 3 plot, then I don't know. I'd say she's lying low, maybe from something that happened during Syd's missing two years. There's evidence to support the claim that Julia/Syd was in contact with Irina during those two years...
Exactly there not going to put her in the episodes if shes not going to be there, and we don't want them to recast her so its not going to happen.

I'd say she's [Irina] lying low, maybe from something that happened during Syd's missing two years.

Sure, but let's also not forget that the CIA is still pissed at her for double crossing them by her allegiance with Sloane in the infamous helicopter/limo chase of last season, and for stealing the Rambaldi notebook.

And we know that Jack was incarcerated for having worked with Irina in order to locate Sydney once Jack found out she was alive, though the CIA (i.e. Lindsey) didn't know the reasons that Jack had for working with Irina.

Perhaps the Covenant found out that Jack and Irina were onto them--or, at least onto the fact that Syd was alive--and so, what with Irina having the potential to ruin the plans of some Covenant members (i.e. Sark and/or his affiliates), the Covenant, among other bad guys, were pissed at her, too.

So of course she has to lie low! The good guys *and* the bad guys don't like her!

I wonder how here mom is comming back to the show.....Hopefully it will be soon..Except I don't really mind cause Syd needs to find out what happen to here within the last 2 years.......She'll get through this with or withour her moms help.

azsnts said:
I wonder how here mom is comming back to the show.....Hopefully it will be soon..Except I don't really mind cause Syd needs to find out what happen to here within the last 2 years.......She'll get through this with or withour her moms help.
Do you really think that ?

I think the original script involved Irina in the Julia issue, but with Lena not coming back this season, JJ had to adapt and made a storyline without Irina helping Syd...

Here reason is pay, she wante 100,000 an episode and they wouldn't pay her that much since she is a "guest star"

^ Um... sorry, but that was not the issue. It wasn't about money at all. If you look harder, you'll find articles in which JJ confirms it. They met her agent's demands and she still decided it wasn't the best time for her to return to the show.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The actress not want ing to come back because of money issues has nothing to do with the fact that they left us hanging with the "mother/daughter" issues at the end of last season. They could at least explain this away for us even if Lena Olin doesn't want to return to her "role" the story line could be continued ...or ended.. just not left hanging.</span>

Back