Season 4 Syd's new cover story

Leslie

Super Fantastisch
(1) The "bank" cover story will not work, because she does not actually go to a bank to work. When she worked with SD-6. it was on a lower level of an actual bank, and if someone dropped by, she could pop her head out and "prove" she worked there, so to speak. But now, if Weiss decides to visit her, she's screwed coz she ain't there!

(2) The APO office being in the subway also does not work. Too many people can see her walk in there. And she ain't exactly wearing a subway worker's uniform or whatever. It's too suspicious. JJ should have thought this one through before he decided to resurrect the old cover story for nostalgia's sake (my guess...) and randomly pick a subway for the location of the awfully-titled APO.

It is kind of strange that it's in the subway. She definitely doesn't appear to be a subway employee when she ducks in there - especially when she's looking left and right all suspiciously to make sure nobody's watching. :lol: I guess they wanted to give the APO that cool "underground" feel - but they probably didn't actually need to go literally "underground" to do it. But I like the color though..SD-6 was all slick and black, the CIA last year was gloomy and dull and just...blah. I like the shiny white atmosphere of the new digs.

I don't think the cover story will be a problem, though. I am SURE that Weiss will be drafted, sooner or later. And then who else is there to tell the cover story to? Francie and Will are gone, and she doesn't really have any other civillian friends.

As for the subway, I didn't really think about it. You're right, it is strange. Well, actually, I did sorta think it was strange. But I was just confused as to where she was going right then. I'm hoping that JJ won't make this a lead-in over and over like he did a lot with the eye scanner in SD-6. That was cool. This is not.

I didn't like how she was so tentative, either. She's a SPY! She has CONFIDENCE!

Anyway, I'm hoping that APO will turn out nice. I do like the atmosphere, but I miss the CIA operations center. It was like home...

There was only one familiar shot in the whole episode, and that was the flyover of the LA buildings. I felt like once again we get a whole new Alias world and everything from the past is forgotten. I don't like that.

Ok, I've just lost myself here, so I think I'll go now...:bye:

I too think that Weiss will be recruited soon, so Syd won't have to worry about her cover story for long. But you're right...If Weiss isn't recruited then he can easily find out - he is a SPY and all...

About the subway - its a weird location and I don't really like it, but I don't think that Sydney or anyone else would have to worry about civilians getting suspicious. Most people would pay no attention to her. I think the fact that she has a key to get inside the doors marked Authorizied Personnel Only makes her less suspicious. It would be different if she had to break in.

I pretty much agree with both comments. It is kind of funny, if you were to believe it, that Syd's new "job" is her old cover story, but for how long could someone who knows her actually believe it? If Weiss doesn't get recruited (and I hope he does because I love him), I can't see this lasting long as a cover. Is it just me, or did Weiss look different in his last scene (where he met Nadia) than in the previous? It looked like he had gained weight.

The subway thing is a little iffy, especially since it's supposed to be in LA. It's not like LA has an extensive subway system, we barely have one underground line. And how easy would it be for someone to follow her there and figure out what's going on? Again, cover story quickly blown. Maybe they should've made her cover job subway repairperson. That would've been funny.

Thinking about the cover story though, its plausible. Syd knows how to work in a bank, hence why she knew all the stuff the first cover story around. She knows the dialogue, the lingo, how everything works, the only other option I could see has a plausible cover story is her being a teacher. And as the deleted scene in Season 3 showed, Weiss shows up to his friend's schools every once in awhile. :smiley:

Alias_Fan0202 said:
I am SURE that Weiss will be drafted, sooner or later. 

im not so sure, i kinda liked the dynamic that weiss and syd have, as friends rather than coworkers. even though APO is different and everything.

Yeah..I was kinda WTF with the cover story...maybe Syd was just joking around cause she knows that Weiss knows something. He did find that Syd and Vaughn quitting pretty much the same time as odd.

I'm hoping that perhaps there is another entrance to the APO hq. Maybe since it was late at night or the wee morning that she took this entrance? I didn't really pay attention to the amount of ppl that were there though. Well heres hopoing

:rotflmao: funny what people think of but yeah weiss isn't gonna buy it - sadly she doesn't have any on else to tell (poor syd) but erm yeah the subway was weird. i like the name APO though (y)

I seem to be in the minority here...I really think the name APO is foolish (it sounds like a delivery company), but I think placing the office in in a subway is a clever idea. For all Weiss knows, she would just be using the subway to get to work, and since she doesn't go into the office at the same time every day and she has a keycard no one on the train would really take notice.

Tiger<O> said:
I seem to be in the minority here...I really think the name APO is foolish (it sounds like a delivery company),
[post="1148052"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

oh i absolutely agree :smiley: i just seem to think that its refreshing, and let me explain.

it sets the mood of APO as a more chummy atmosphere, rather than something slick and corporate like SD-6, or sinister like K-Directorate, or mysterious and formless like the Covenant.

basically, the new APO is just a bunch of spies that get to do whatever they're into, which is what everyone really wants to see. and really, the name is no worse than the whole "joey's pizza" thing from s1 :lol:

as for it being in the subway, there's GOT to be some sort of street-level entrance as well. remember that the only time we saw her entering was before she knew what the whole place was about. she had just been told some vague outlines of a new black-ops group forming. :thinking:

jeremy108 said:
as for it being in the subway, there's GOT to be some sort of street-level entrance as well. remember that the only time we saw her entering was before she knew what the whole place was about. she had just been told some vague outlines of a new black-ops group forming. :thinking:
[post="1148071"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Didn't she go in that enterance on other time? Near the end of APO1 or during APO2...

i think it's totally ironic. i like the APO office and stuff so far, very spiffy. i'm liking the black ops, but too bad weiss isn't involved.

as for the design of the APO offices, i agree with what others have said on various threads about it seeming much more intimate and a much smaller operation than either SD-6 or CIA circa s3.

call me crazy, but (other than the fact that its spotless and clean) it reminds me of the offices from the West Wing

I think the subway is somewhat ideal because it allows APO to more easily monitor people who might be following Syd or the other agents. When Syd had to get into the CIA ops center covertly, it seemed implausible that the CIA could totally monitor if anyone was tracking her. Why wouldn't someone be able to track her from a distance, watching her key in certain numbers under a bridge in broad daylight. With this entry, Syd's gotta take the subway, which I'm sure APO monitors, and then she gets off into a subway station, which means that APO can monitor who else is there already, and who gets off the train. I think it's much easier to manage and oversee the covert entry of agents. And I'm sure there are other ways to get into the place; in fact, you pretty much have to assume there are lots of other ways. I think we see the subway push-throughs just to establish that's where she is (much like the Credit Dauphin push-throughs). That's what I think, at least.

Actually i thought that syds cover story had a nice tribute to the past, i found it funny and i also felt like she was hinting somethinf to weiss. Not only that but right after that whole conversation Nadia knocks at the door. i think Weiss is going to find out, its just a mnatter of when. Another thing to that bugged me was the entrance to APO. But maybe we will see more to this ( after all it was only the premier) So i hope things go well with the season!

You have to wonder how they got Marshall down there. Did they put a bag on his head on the subway? Anyway, the offices look pretty small and I wish we'd see more of it to make it look bigger. Also, won't it look suspicious to Weiss if Vaughn also works at a bank?

that cover story made me laugh my head off... the bank :lol:

very good points sark and me! how did they get marshall down there with a bag on his head :lol:

Back