System requirements.

maybe i should be posting this in the tech support :thinking: lol

i know i know, no one has played the game yet. But what do you guys think would be a decent Pc setup to play. Cause i currently play WoW and i fps lag a lot, even in small unpopulated area's. maybe i should consider updated to a better pc? <_< i mean these graphics look way to intense for my current pc.

Ya HJ's graphics do look to be more demanding then WoW's. I would say a P4,
2Ghz 512 ram, and any video card with 256 or more video memory. I think you can
buy a nice PC bundel at your local Best Buy with printer/monitor that would run
it for less then $1,000 (and thats here in Canada)

From what I heared Simutronics has decided to develope Hero's Journey from the ground up. That means that they actually develope the game on very low settings, making it look as awsome as possible, and then when they raise there settings on there computer the graphics go up as well.

I'm sure you wont have to have the Nvidia 7800GU, but I'm sure you'll have to have something decent to be able to see all of the effects that Simutronics is going to put into it.

Thats what I've heared, I think they are looking for a huge audience, and if you make the specs really high.. cough cough EQ2 cough cough then it's going to push customers away.

The GM app says 2 GHz P4 with 512MB is required, 3 GHz recommended. I imagine it's not much lower for rank-and-file players. They omit a video card recommendation, which is really the key piece in the puzzle, and that suggests the specs are pretty vague for now.

Goat

Im hoping that the reccomended settings will be something of the high end market about now.

2ghz CPU should be plenty. and I think 256 meg gfx card would be good too. maybe a gig of ram should be the norm about that time aswell.

The chances are that I am not goign to run on full settings anyway. Some of these new settings annoy me quite alot, like that glow blur effect. just makes the game look a bit rubbish in my opinion.

I have started a new PC fund on my internet banking and plan to get a new PC by the new year so hopefully it will be around the same time as HJ release (or atleast me in beta ;) )

The chances are that I am not goign to run on full settings anyway. Some of these new settings annoy me quite alot, like that glow blur effect. just makes the game look a bit rubbish in my opinion.

Awh I think you are talking about the Bloom Effect. Currently a lot of games are adding that into there games becuase it makes up for crappy graphics. World of Warcraft for instance has this effect for the lack of polygons.

I belive the only game that truely introduced this game with great success was Guild Wars. The graphics look amazing, and the Bloom Effect isn't just a cover-up for ugliness.

Also, I don't know if anyone of you know this, but Counter-Strike : Source has actually released a 1.6 map with the Bloom effect. Guess what? It looks like garbage, and all it does is lag your computer. Theres no need for it in that type of a game, so I can hear where you are coming from when you say you don't enjoy the Bloom Effect.

I don't think you'll need to follow the GM computer requirements.. we have extra things you won't have.. like HeroBlade..

and you won't need the best graphics card ever..

but you might want to get a decent one at least.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Mar 5 2006, 11:03 PM
I don't think you'll need to follow the GM computer requirements.. we have extra things you won't have.. like HeroBlade..
The GM editing tool?

Originally posted by GOAT@Mar 4 2006, 06:43 AM
The GM app says 2 GHz P4 with 512MB is required, 3 GHz recommended. I imagine it's not much lower for rank-and-file players. They omit a video card recommendation, which is really the key piece in the puzzle, and that suggests the specs are pretty vague for now.

Goat
That is correct.

The GM Application states the desired requirements for development. I am running an Athlon 64 3200+, 3 GB DDR 400, 16x PCI Express Radeon x800 Pro ... and it runs b-e-a-utiful.

You will also be able to turn off/down the settings for lower end rigs.

Back