System Requirements

Kyriana

Cadet
Not sure anyone can answer this yet, but I thought I would ask just in case. I am wondering how Hero's Journey would play on my current system. I have:
AMD 64 Dual Core 2.2g processors
3 gigs of ram
Nvidia Geforce 8800gt w/512 mb ram
Windows Vista and dx 10.

If anyone has a general idea how it would run on this system please post a response. Thanks.

Kyriana.

Well, HeroBlade (and so, HJ) runs fine on my

3.2 GHz (hyperthreaded) P4
1.5 GB RAM
7800GS (256 MB RAM)
XP Pro

I just got the (used) new video card too. Before it was a 6800 GS, until I finally burned out the video ram (need a better case for cooling :/ )

Thanks for responding. Just trying to get a general idea. I've always been on the low end of the spectrum computer wise when it comes to games. Just upgraded recently and wanted to see how the new system would fare.

Good bad, whatever it might mean, high system specs requirements does not a good game make. I think a lot of these more recent MMORPGs take up way too much tech power for what they're doing. Games are getting wasteful!

Games are getting wasteful!

That's a fact, and not just for games. Operating systems and other software also. Because hardware has consistently been many steps ahead of the software, companies feel they can slack off on how efficiently their products run. It's just like with any other resource- (money, oil, food, water, bandwidth) the more you have, the less you take pains to use it properly.

Another thing that should be considered is that because the hardware advances so quickly, many people cannot afford to keep up with it.

If your computer is two years old and can't run new games there is a serious issue.

I'm not sure if it's games that are getting wasteful, or consumers who are just more demanding of more, more, more.

It's like throwing raw content at the problem will make it all better. But really, if you spend $700 on a new graphics card (just the card!) you want to see it in action. Nothing quite like uncompressed textures at silly high resolutions.

I don't feel it's the hardware that moves too quickly... If it weren't for all these crazy new ideas and ways of making pretty stuff onscreen, hardware wouldn't need to advance much, at all. Nvidia doesn't develop new boards for Microsoft Word... anyway. It's always been the demand of developer that keeps things moving along... which ultimately leads back to the consumer who wants to see more and more realistic and cool effects.

And as for the scalability question... it scales well. If you've played Age of Conan, you know it's a fairly attractive game -- maybe the best looking MMO so far. If I could humbly compare what I see in HJ to Age of Conan... I'd say Age of Conan has no edge up on HJ. The feature list is vast, and the graphics pretty stunning.

No nekkie chicks, though. ;)

And as for the scalability question... it scales well. If you've played Age of Conan, you know it's a fairly attractive game -- maybe the best looking MMO so far. If I could humbly compare what I see in HJ to Age of Conan... I'd say Age of Conan has no edge up on HJ. The feature list is vast, and the graphics pretty stunning.

No nekkie chicks, though. ;)

I'm just gonna state here that the screenshots for HJ do not compare to actually running around the real thing. I'm sure it'll be even better when I eventually build my computer (soon!!! I hope)

Back