T.R. Knight is Leaving Grey's - And Izzie?

Galicdreamer

These Words, From My Heart...
We've all heard the rumors....T.R. had asked to be releived of his contract and well it appears that wish has been granted...

The official decision, came down in the past few days, just as many of his castmates began receiving their formal pickup letters from ABC.

To read more on the story...click here

What do you guys think about George being off the show? Do you think that they will replace George with a new actor and pull a Rebecca/Ava with him?

I didn't mind when George was less and less on the show, I didn't really miss him, but now I know he's leaving, I feel sad :(
He wasn't the most important character but he wasn't boring and I liked his stories... I think the show will be different without George.

I adored George in the early years of GA. He was the heart of the show. But honestly, I think backstage antics and egos, combined with poor writing, have really hurt this show. Shonda's excuse for George not having anything to do half of S5 is ridiculous, right up there with Alias writers admitting they had no idea what was happening in the story and were making it up as they went along.

The George I loved and the George after about GA S3 were two completely different characters. I'm sad to see TR Knight, but more for nostalgic reasons. I hope TR Knight finds a job that deserves his talent.

It's definitely confirmed that he's leaving but I just read that Katherine Hegl signed on for another season ... so one star leaves, and the other one stays on ...

It's definitely confirmed that he's leaving but I just read that Katherine Hegl signed on for another season ... so one star leaves, and the other one stays on ...

I wish it was George staying and Izzie leaving... I like Izzie more, but her death would have been so interesting to watch! When I heard she was sick, I was already picturing her leaving with Denny and saying goodbye to her friends...so painful!And a great tv moment, IMO

Is it wrong to feel sad that she is staying?

I wish it was George staying and Izzie leaving... I like Izzie more, but her death would have been so interesting to watch! When I heard she was sick, I was already picturing her leaving with Denny and saying goodbye to her friends...so painful!And a great tv moment, IMO

I am sooooo with you on that. I really wish that it was him staying and Izzy leaving.

Official confirmed, although some people have suggested the character of George could possibly return as someone else.

Izzie is confirming we know that though!

June 19th, 2009
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/...4136/story.html

Dr. George O'Malley, the closest thing to a walking Disney character seen on the cast of TV's Grey's Anatomy, is has been discharged from America's favourite hospital.

T.R. Knight, who has played George on the ABC series since day one, was due to renegotiate his contract, along with co-star Katherine Heigl, but while the glamourous Heigl agreed a new deal, Knight did not.

That means Dr. Izzie Stevens, who was left at death's door in the final episode of last season, will kick on.

But those with George O'Malley lunchboxes should put them on eBay while they can still draw a buyer.

Knight released a statement Friday saying, "Leaving `Grey's Anatomy' was not an easy decision for me to make. I am extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to play this character and will miss my fellow cast and crew very much."

Kinght thanked the fans of the show for their support over the years.

Minneapolis born Knight has been involved in the performing arts since the age of five, when he joined the Guthrie Theater. He became a fixture on Broadway in the early part of the decade before earning his spot on Grey's Anatomy, which led to a Primetime Emmy nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series in 2007.

Knight was drawn into controversy in 2006 when co-star Isaiah Washington used an anti-gay slur aimed at him.

Washington later denied making the slur, telling E! Online, "I never called T.R. a faggot. It never happened." Knight later went on the Ellen Degeneres Show and said it did.

Washington would later apologize, but when Knight's contract was renewed by producers, Washington was let go.

The first George-free episode of the coming season of Grey's Anatomy will air on September 29.

This is pretty solid news, folks. What do we think?

Is it wrong to feel sad that she is staying?

I am sooooo with you on that. I really wish that it was him staying and Izzy leaving.
Nopes ... they should have just keep her dead ... let the story unfold like that ... but now ... we gotta see her in bed recuperating for a while, since she can get to work right away after her surgery ... boring!

I know this has happened ages a go, but I though show got really bad after these two actors left especially Izze as she was really good I though. I hope she makes a few guests appearances in the near future. But the show is still quite good.

Back