Taking on......

sugababyboo

mrs. charlie
All right, was I the only one who knew that Kimber was a Scientologist the moment she met Matt in the gym? Seriously, this is pretty risky for the wrtiers to take on since well.....the church of Scientology has been rumored to be very cult-like. Even though I don't like the character of Matt, I still said, "NO!" when I saw him falling for it. For those who don't know, Scientology's HQ is in Clearwater, Florida, so it's just not a "hollywood religion".

Blah...while I am interested to see where they're going with this Scientology thing I really wish they didn't have to make Kimber one. I really love her character and don't like this new Scientology-moral highground thing she's got going on...plus I hate Matt.

But other than that small detail, I'm loving this season already :smiley:

Ivan, that's what it looks like in the previews with her and Matt in a sauna....that's just seems so wrong to me!

I wonder if they're going to acknowledge the fact that Scientology's "teachings" on psychiatry is outdated and inaccurate.......probably not lol Unless they want a pissed off Tom Cruise and Kirstie Alley after them. No one wants that to happen.

ETA: This an article from the LA times it's about the show and how it will handle Scientology. There are minor spoilers. So, you've been warned. And ivand, the article also mentions how long Kimber will stick with Scientology.

Back