Talk About The Princess Bride, Book Club Book #1

crazy spinster said:
I'm getting much smarter as I age. I say you are a coward and you are; I think you hunt only to reassure yourself that you are not what you are: the weakest thing to ever walk the Earth. [Westley] will come for me and then we will be gone, and you will be helpless for all your hunting, because Westley and I are joined by the bond of love and you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords.

*sighs* i just loved that.

nance said:
okay i'm not reading any of the stuff you guys wrote just YET because i'm not quite done...

but he dies. he dies. he dies. i'm freaking out here. this CAN'T BEEE.

WESTLEY IS DEAD... ::rips hair out::

::throws a plate at the wall::

NOOOO NOOOO NOOOOOO!!!! GOD FREAKKING DAMNIT... I HATE THE FRIGGIN PRINCE HUMPYOURSELF AND THE FREAKING COUNT... OMFI... die die die die die die...

okay sorry about that. ^_^
nance! calm down! c'mon, deep breaths now.

just keep reading. ^_^ calmly, of course.

okay, i don't want to give it away for you nance, but if i told you to keep reading, that must mean something good is going to happen, right? right??? ;)

and i love that you're getting so involved in the story. :D

crazy spinster said:
oh yeah, i was a bit annoyed with buttercup too because she was so airheady and bratty in the beginning but she got better towards the end.  ^_^ 

the part that made me swoon: 

I have stayed these years in my hovel because of you. I have taught myself languages because of you. I have made my body strong because I thought you might be pleased by a strong body. I have lived my life with only the prayer that some sudden dawn you might glance in my direction. I have not known a moment in years when the sight of you did not send my heart careening against my rib cage. I have not known a night when your visage did not accompany me to sleep. There has not been a morning when you did not flutter behind my waking eyelids.... 

le sigh... :love:

and the part after that that made me laugh: 

That's all you need? Easy. I love you. Okay? Want it louder? I love you. Spell it out, should I? I ell-oh-vee-ee why-oh-you. Want it backward? You love I.

the part that made me like buttercup and redeemed her: 

I'm getting much smarter as I age. I say you are a coward and you are; I think you hunt only to reassure yourself that you are not what you are: the weakest thing to ever walk the Earth. [Westley] will come for me and then we will be gone, and you will be helpless for all your hunting, because Westley and I are joined by the bond of love and you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords.

i should just quote the entire book.  there were so many good quotes in this book.  ^_^
oh yes! i love Westley and lines like that are the reason!

and yes that part is hilarous then she yells at him! and he says i was just kidding! :lol: that part is hilarous then yes that does redeem her!

and in the sequel, i started crying when she was in labour and they were saying she is almost done and then Westley talks to her and tries to make her smile................. :( so sad! but then that weird thing happens to fezzik and all is well in princess brideland! :D i must quote that part...............

"you really left me?"
"that was the theory. but the reality was this: i turned and took a step toward the gate and i thought, "What value has all the wealth of Asia without her smile?' And then i took another step and thought, 'but what if that smile comes and you not here to see it?' I just stood by at your window and i realized i had to be there in case your smile happened. becaause i was so helpless when it came to you, to be near you even though all you did was insult me. i could never leave."
She smiled the sweetest smile she could manage.

................more things im too tired to type....
But they were living on hope and they both knew they were, and WEstley held her so gently as her breathing grew increasingly weak.

:( then so glad for weird appariation in fezzik!lol!!!

nance said:
okay i'm not reading any of the stuff you guys wrote just YET because i'm not quite done...

but he dies. he dies. he dies. i'm freaking out here. this CAN'T BEEE.

WESTLEY IS DEAD... ::rips hair out::

::throws a plate at the wall::

NOOOO NOOOO NOOOOOO!!!! GOD FREAKKING DAMNIT... I HATE THE FRIGGIN PRINCE HUMPYOURSELF AND THE FREAKING COUNT... OMFI... die die die die die die...

read on, you freak!! REAAAAAAAADDDDDD ON!!!!

oh..... the quotes!! this book was so quotable... I loved the "you love I" part.... (y) (y)

HATE THE FRIGGIN PRINCE HUMPYOURSELF AND THE FREAKING COUNT... OMFI... die die die die die die...

[/quote]
LOL!!!!!!!!!! you called him prince humpyourself! :lol: didnt catch that before! HA! :lol: thats too funny!

and yes read on my dear neice read on!! ;)

HATE THE FRIGGIN PRINCE HUMPYOURSELF AND THE FREAKING COUNT... OMFI... die die die die die die...

LOL!!!!!!!!!! you called him prince humpyourself! :lol: didnt catch that before! HA! :lol: thats too funny!

and yes read on my dear neice read on!! ;) [/quote]
lmao, i thought it was funny :lol:

I SHALL READ ON TONIGHT... AT NIGHT I DON'T HAVE INTERNET... I STAY UP TILL 6 AM READING!

CALM YOURSELF!

damn, i hope inigo doesn't die... sis, you sorted hinted it. :(

only came here to pop in!!!

OMFI... THANK THE MIRACLE MAX!!!

Ommm biii yahhh the lord.. ommm biii yahhhh ::kisses living westley::

you see, nance? this is why we told you to read on, silly girl. ^_^

oh, another laugh out loud quote:

The horse's name was "Horse" (Buttercup was never long on imagination.)

:lol:

hehe I'm going to do my favorite quotes:

"You cannot tell it," he said then, "because i wear a cape and mask. But I am smiling now."

"why?"

"Because i'm not left-handed either," said the man in black.

and this one just cracked me up :lol:

"Don't pester him with so many questions, " Fezzik said.
"Take it easy; he's been dead."

:rotflmao: "He's been dead." :lol:

and another great one:

"Wrong!" Westley's voice rang across the room. "Your ears you keep, so that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will yours to cherish-- every babe that weeps in fear at your approach, every woman that cries with your perfect ears. That is what 'to the pain' means. It means that i leave you to live in anguish, in humiliation, in freakish misery until you can stand it no more; so there you have it, pig, there you know,  you miserable vomitous mss, and i say this now, and live or die, it's up to you:

Drop your sword!"

:lol: -----> heheheh:
The sword crashed to the floor.

And the ever famous one:

"Life isn't fair. it's just fairer than death, that's all."

lol kate... you can still enjoy the quotes ^_^

so gooood. i loved how it was cleverly done, goldman as the "abridger"

um... i love westley :love: and i think damn... already forgot his name :lol: OH OHHHHH INIGO... he's coool man!!!!!!! his fencing rocks... but westley beeeeaat hiiiim...wooooooooo. :lol:

buttercup... wish she could kick some ass... sort of useless :lol: but she must be some kinda beauty :blink: like blindingly beautiful.... :blink: DAMN HER!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

and that count guy... HE IS CRAZEEE.. HE TORTURED WESTLEY... TOOK AWAY 20 YEEEARS

and prince HumpsHisDick... :angry: :madfire: He can go hump his dick :lol:

yaaay! i'm so glad you guys liked it so much! :D

and kate - you need to buy a copy. :P

another favorite:

there have been five great kisses since 1642 b.c., when saul and delilah korn's inadvertent discovery swept across western civilization. (before then couples hooked thumbs.) and the precise rating of kisses is a terribly difficult thing, often leading to great controversy, because although everyone agrees with the formula of affection times purity times intensity times duration, no one has ever been completely satisfied with how much weight each element should receive. but on any system, there are five that everyone agrees deserve full marks.

well, this one left them all behind.

:lol: i loved how before kisses, couples hooked thumbs. :rotflmao:

and a formula for the best kiss!! :kissme: :lol:

Back