Talk About The Princess Bride, Book Club Book #1

crazy spinster said:
yaaay! i'm so glad you guys liked it so much! :D

and kate - you need to buy a copy. :P

another favorite:

there have been five great kisses since 1642 b.c., when saul and delilah korn's inadvertent discovery swept across western civilization. (before then couples hooked thumbs.) and the precise rating of kisses is a terribly difficult thing, often leading to great controversy, because although everyone agrees with the formula of affection times purity times intensity times duration, no one has ever been completely satisfied with how much weight each element should receive. but on any system, there are five that everyone agrees deserve full marks.

well, this one left them all behind.

:lol: i loved how before kisses, couples hooked thumbs. :rotflmao:

and a formula for the best kiss!! :kissme: :lol:
oo i love love those lines there! i could not stop laughing! :lol: and another part i agreed with and couldnt stop laughing was this:
at this point in the story, my wife wants it known that she feels violently cheated, not being allowed the scene of reconciliation on the ravine floor between the lovers. My reply to her is simply this: a) each of God's beings, from the lowliest on up, is entitled to at least a few moments of genuine privacy. b)What actually was spoken, while moving enough to those involved at the actual time, flattens like tooghpaste when transferred to paper for later reading: "my dove," "my only" "bliss, bliss," et cetera. c)Nothing of importance in an expository way was related because every time Buttercup began "tell me about yourself," Westley quickly cut her off with "Later beloved; now is not the time." However it should be noted in fairness to all, that 1)he did weep; 2)her eyes did not remain precisely dry; 3) there were more than one embrace; and 4)both parites admitted that,without any qualificaionts whatsoever, they were more than a little glad to see each other.

:lol:
and even funnier that is in there...which descirbes the reunion but also goldman has that whole page and a half about sending in for his version of the scene! :lol: but then it just continues with this and even goes further on about what happened! i found it hysterical!

another thing i noticed, goldman, morgenstern, miracle max, prince humperdinck( or as nance puts is soo eloquently, Prince HumpHisDick) and Westley all have to "deal" with their wives. the struggle of power, love, and trust between husband and wife. Him and his wife in the beginining and all the remarks(sorry, ellen...:lol:smiley: Westley saying..."now is not that time" and having to try to calm her down and get her out of the fire swamp alive......Prince Hump having all the problems killing her because she is speaking her heart and mind!(which is rather amusing!lol!) and then i couldnt stop laughing with miracle max and his wife..."oh she is a witch" "Im not a witch!" lol!!! ^_^ i thought that was interesting definatly plays to with his attitudes...who is really in charge and who likes to think so?! ;) i say the women!

wow......we might actually have a good little discussion over the princess bride instead of prince hump yourself! :lol:!

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. :lol:

My version:

Hello JJ. My name is Nancy [insert last name]. You made Vaughn married. Prepare to get hit by tomatoes. :lol:

nance said:
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. :lol:

My version:

Hello JJ. My name is Nancy [insert last name]. You made Vaughn married. Prepare to get hit by tomatoes. :lol:
Wonderful Nance!!

and that is by far one of my favorite parts..when he says it over and over and over again...

And Westley when he's going up the cliff to fight Inigo. I just love reading that part.... :lol:

eee me too! the count was like :wtf: STOP SAYING IT OVER AND OVER!

hehe and daaaaaaaaaaang... westley is STRONG! punching the rock :lol: is that even possible? :blink:

Victoria King said:
yes he is the perfect guy! and remember...he has great teeth! :lol:!
hehe it's the teeeeth. :lol:

i love the part where Buttercup spills out her love for him and he shuts the door :rotflmao:

i know!!!! i couldnt stop laughing then i was in tears when she was mourning and everything about that! then i wanted to just fall over when he came and told her everything! awwww :blush: why cant a Westley love me!!!!!!!!

Oh another fave quote when Westley tells Buttercup of HIS love:

My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.

THAT'S SO ROMANTIC! EEEE.... yeah if westley was real... oh gosh... :love:

i think there would be some sort of fight between us and cherry and kate! :lol: we would be like no!!!!! fighting with our brains, our strength and our swords! :lol:

Wow! I didn't even realize this thread was here... (U.U) Bad me! Well, I've read this book twice, and seen the movie even more times than that....
I love it!
So which did you guys like more, the book or the movie? I thought they did a really good job in the movie of staying truthful to the books...I didn't notice any blatent errors...what do you guys think?

booooook. :D like crazy said, the book has satire, which is something I think the movie lacked. ^_^

and that one dude didn't do Westley any justice. no justice at all. :lol:

Back