Talk About The Princess Bride, Book Club Book #1

a.k.a.Kate_Jones said:
and that one dude didn't do Westley any justice. no justice at all. :lol:
i know! i saw the picture and went :o_O:

westley is a babe- that guy is NOT babeish.

i haven't seen the movie though, heard of it from camp somewhere.

whaaaat?? cary elwes was cute!! i liked him as westley. i think he was perfect for the role. ^_^

but yes, i did enjoy the book a lot more. it's just more...complete. ;) and yes, like i said earlier, has satire.

and the reason why the movie is so close to the book is because goldman wrote the screenplay himself. ;)

a.k.a.Kate_Jones said:
not sure if this is in the right place, but I was wondering what the next book should be. :D
i know i want to start discussing and picking the next book so i can read it! ^_^ i posted something in the allalias book club thread...but no one has responded! :lol:

and i STILL havent seen the movie! I NEED TO!

crazy spinster said:
whaaaat?? cary elwes was cute!! i liked him as westley. i think he was perfect for the role. ^_^
Thank you, crazy spinster! I completely agree with you! I thought he was absolutely perfect for the part! (^_^)

And Vicki--I own it if you'd like to borrow it from me.....or maybe you could come over and we can watch it! :woot:

Ack-must go to sleep now. Didn't sleep much last night...
::glares at Vicki:: I wonder why that is?
LOL-just kidding! ;) You were so funny!

Amy Tippin said:
crazy spinster said:
whaaaat??  cary elwes was cute!!  i liked him as westley.  i think he was perfect for the role.  ^_^
Thank you, crazy spinster! I completely agree with you! I thought he was absolutely perfect for the part! (^_^)

And Vicki--I own it if you'd like to borrow it from me.....or maybe you could come over and we can watch it! :woot:

Ack-must go to sleep now. Didn't sleep much last night...
::glares at Vicki:: I wonder why that is?
LOL-just kidding! ;) You were so funny!
HEY!!! i couldnt help if i thought everything under the moon was funny! :lol:!!

AND YA!! i will...because i really really want to see it!!!!! ^_^

you know, i remember freshman year, me and a whole bunch of my roommates and guys from the other floors of my building all piled into our suite to watch "what lies beneath" late at night. after that, we were so freaked out, that we all decided to watch "the princess bride" to calm ourselves down and give us happy thoughts before we went to sleep. :lol:

Me just stumble actross thread, me find interesting words, me post.

Now that I've convinced you I'm nuts.

I read Princess Bride about six months ago, and I liked it, a lot, there was just something about the way Goldman kept breaking off into the asides that really appealed to my twisted sense of humour. I also enjoyed the indroductions he wrote (I read the anniversary edition)

Regarding the "abridgement", when I was looking it up in my library I didn't get it at first and kept looking for a non-abridged version, but once I actually started reading, it clicked pretty quickly.

Cheers

Froggy

I read "the Princess Bride" when I was in about Gr.4 or 5 or six (nonabridged, I didn't know there even was a shortened version). I've love love loved the movie since I can remember. I only wish I'd bought the book instead of borrowing it from the library so I could read it over and over, just like I watch the movie.
I read the anniversary version too. I think Goldman wrtoe the screenplay too, which is why the movie is so good. I liked how we learn more about Indigo and Fezzik's pasts in the the book, and the zoo of death.

The movie did have satire, it was just a little more subtle than it was in the book.

I wish I could remember which grade I read it in. Maybe the year the anniversary edition came out??? Grr.

Oh, and I may be a little biased about the movie, since I saw it first and loved it before reading the book (I'm mad the whole thing about the bald princess didn't make it into the film), but maybe not since I liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory before I read the book when I was little, then I read the book and I hated the movie because I thought the story was much better that way, and it ruined it. I can't quite remember why now, I was like six or seven. Anyway, does anyone know what year the anniversary edition of The Princess Bride came out? Sorry for double posting...and rambling on, and on, and on.

OMG! The princess bride is THE best book. I had no idea there was a thread on this. THe movie is wonderful too! Sidetrack here, I've noticed that most of the people posting in this thread are females. I mean seriously, how many guys would like total chick fliks. What's amazing is my boyfriend can recite the entire movie of princess bride and has read the abridged and unabridged versions of the book. Anyway, Amazing book, and I too love the line quoted earlier: My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches. Can't wait to see what the next book is.

Back