Comedy Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Jamison

Cadet
Set to open August 4th, 2006.

In it Will Ferrell plays NASCAR driver Ricky Bobby, who is an "all-or-nothing NASCAR driver who either finishes in first place or doesn't finish at all."

John C. Reilly, Sacha Baron Cohen (aka Ali G) and Michael Clarke Duncan are also starring in it.

I'm honestly really excited about this movie. Not only do I love Will Ferrell and NASCAR, but it's being filmed in Charlotte, NC which leaves the door open for extra oppertunities, and having the movie filmed here is great for our state.

I'm hoping they'll be at the Charlotte race in October filming some (I'll be there), and I'm hoping for some cameos by the drivers...namely Kasey Kahne. :love:

Note: Edited to change opening date and title.

Hehe Ali G. XD Booyakasha!

Hmm... :Ponder: The subject matter does not interest me at all, but it might be hard to skip a Will Ferrell movie. ;)

It sounds like it'll be amusing...and even if people don't like NASCAR, you're right it'd be hard to pass up Will Ferrell...although I did pass up Kicking and Screaming and Bewitched :blush:

Just to note, the title is subject to change...but this was the last one that was listed. It was originally called Talladega Nights, because it was going to be filmed in Alabama at the Talladega Speedway. But now it's going to be filmed almost entirely in Charlotte, so they changed the title...and might change it again.

Aw you should see Kicking and Screaming! It's hilar. And teh cute. ^_^ As for Bewitched, I heard that was one to miss anyway. ;)

man Will is the flavah! of the month. to bad he makes crappy comedies...he could expand his horizons a little bit more....

Even John C. Reilly and Michael Clarke Duncan aren't enough to make me stomach another Will Ferrell movie....

man Will is the flavah! of the month. to bad he makes crappy comedies...he could expand his horizons a little bit more....

Even John C. Reilly and Michael Clarke Duncan aren't enough to make me stomach another Will Ferrell movie....

He doesn't need to expand his horizons though...he's awesome at comedies, at least I think he is ;)

I've got to say that I'm even more excited about this movie now, because I just got a callback to be an extra in it. :smiley:

I've talked with others who have already done their parts as extras and it seemed like the vast majority of them got to do scenes with the cast and even do some interacting with them off camera. I'm going at a time when there will be very few other extras, so I'm hoping I get some bigger screen time. ^_^

I saw it...twice actually :blush: And I don't know if it was because I live in NASCAR nation (and I know people who are exactly like the ones portrayed in the movie), the wonderful company I had during both showings, or the actual movie but I found it absolutely HILARIOUS!

I thought it was really funny and a great parody of the stereotypical NASCAR fan, and how those people who are not NASCAR fans must portray us. And just for the record, I would say that a good portion of us are very highly educated :P