Season 4 Tamazaki - great fight, great villain!

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
LOL... alright, who thinks Tamazaki was great?

Personally, I got sick of the CIA not being able to get minimalistic Lauren and Sark all season long last year. My uncle likes Alias, but he thinks that the show is a little ridiculous when it comes to the fights - Sydney can kick ass against all the dudes, but when it's time to fight a girl, whoa, the girl gets the best of her (Allison, Lauren).

So basically I was pleased with Tamazaki - he is the type of bad guy that Sydney should be after - assassins, big guys who can kick her ass - it makes it more dangerous.

And it made it so much better.

Also, that huge guy that Vaughn had to fight - when Vaughn punched him a couple times I thought, whoa that's ridiculous, skinny Vaughn can't take that giant, but then the dude picked up Vaughn and slammed him against the wall. Then later he picked Vaughn up and threw him all across the room, and I thought, Vaughn is in trouble, but hey, it's not like the dude's gonna kill him -- and we all know that -- but at least it made it more interesting, and Vaughn had to resort to use large, hard objects to finally take down the bad guy.

Last year there weren't that many good fights. The one in Unveiled (3.18) in the house in Milan was one of the best ones, when Sydney had to fight like 2 or 3 dudes and kicked the globe to one of the dudes as he came through the door.

Let's hope there's more great (and better) fights this year! ;)

And as for Sark, well, let's hope there's more fights like the one on "The Solution" (1.20), when David Anders makes his guest appearance(s).

I agree, I thought the fights and action scenes were great. There have been a lot of complaints about the action last night but I don't understand where the negativity comes from.

The fight scenes were definitely an improvement over last season. I think that's probably the main reason the show felt like it had a surge of adrenaline that it's been missing for awhile. The music was much better done as well - not only the songs used, but the original score composed by Michael Guicchino. It all felt lazy and half-assed last year.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that this Tamazaki guy was going to be sticking around this season - that he was a new villian, kind of like Sark. Was that referring to somebody else? Or was it only referring to the premiere and I just misread it?

The fight in the meat-packing facility was very cool, my only complaint was that his death was just another example of the bad guy "falling on his knife" (as mentioned in the season 3 commentary). You'd think with all this fighting Sydney would kill someone once in a while, but I guess not. As a character, Tamazaki seemed pretty interesting, but it was odd that someone who apparently was such a fanatic Japanese nationalist spoke such perfect American English.

yes, but you have to admit that the fight with allison at the end of s2 was pretty kickass ;)

i got really excited when syd was in the tunnel and sensed danger and took out the sword, i thought she was getting ready to kick ass, what with all the new weapon training shes had for elektra. but then she never got a chance to use it :(

the meat packing plant fight was good, though.

as a minor, unrelated complaint: whats with all the "oh no, there's a tunnel, we dont have radio contact now", even though jack still basically had line-of-sight down the tunnel - couldnt he have relayed a signal?

He was growing on me...then Syd stabbed him...it was just methodically in my head...that I was like...hrm...I kind of like this guy. He annoyed we with the cruddy torture device. Then he's like stabbed by good old Syd...haha. But...errr...it sort of leaves a gap if the guy's dead.

I really took a liking to him...he was a verrrrrry good villain, and like you said excellent fighter....and he was, as far as I remember the first good looking Asian on the show :lol:

I sorta feel bad that he died though...slightly dissapointed :(

But hey....maybe he'll come alive again...it is Alias ;)

yendys47 said:
as far as I remember the first good looking Asian on the show :lol:

[post="1148034"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

how about Jennifer Tung from The Box pts 1 and 2 in s1? ;)

jeremy108 said:
how about Jennifer Tung from The Box pts 1 and 2 in s1? ;)
[post="1148044"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
edit: ASIAN GUY :lol: (hahah suit and glasses :laughbounce: )

the fight scene with him was awesome - especially when she grabbed the hook things and like swung his sword round onto him!! awesome move - kinda reminded me of her with the sais as elektra.

all the fights were good actually (y) - and it was kinda weird for vaughn to have a fight scene too - that guy was huge!!!!!!!!! I dont're ckon vaughn could have pulled it off!! :lol:

yeah, the fight scene was awesome ... so sad that Tamazaki had to die ... :(

great fight ... but the one in the train carriage was also done very well ... (y)

about the tunnel scene: how the heck wouldn't the CIA know that there was NO 10th floor of the building she was going into ... :thinking:

Alias_Gay said:
yeah, the fight scene was awesome ... so sad that Tamazaki had to die ...  :(

great fight ... but the one in the train carriage was also done very well ... (y)

about the tunnel scene: how the heck wouldn't the CIA know that there was NO 10th floor of the building she was going into ...  :thinking:
[post="1148156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

standard fare in spy shows - the support people have blueprints to the staging grounds. especially to a public building, like a bank.

although i suppose vaughn, who was the one who asked marshall in the first place, could have just looked at the elevators :confused:

I think the fight scenes were very well done - although I did want to see Syd get all "Uma Thurman" with the sword...

The best part, IMO, was Vaughn hitting the huge guy twice in the head with the platter and then saying "You're kidding me!" when he didn't fall to the ground.

:lol:

Oh and Tamaki was SO good looking - I was very sad about the sword through the chest thing...

Azalea said:
The music was much better done as well - not only the songs used, but the original score composed by Michael Guicchino.  It all felt lazy and half-assed last year.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that this Tamazaki guy was going to be sticking around this season - that he was a new villian, kind of like Sark.  Was that referring to somebody else?  Or was it only referring to the premiere and I just misread it?
[post="1147777"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

OMG!! I could not disagree with you more about the music last season. Talk all you want about Season 3 being all sucky with Lauren, etc., but Michael Giacchino remained at his usual 5-star best all season long.

He's a musical genius. Don't mess with Giacchino... I'm a big fan! ;)

Tiger<O> said:
The fight in the meat-packing facility was very cool, my only complaint was that his death was just another example of the bad guy "falling on his knife" (as mentioned in the season 3 commentary).
[post="1147996"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I thought he didn't fall on his knife (sword, really)... Sydney stabbed him. Or did I see that wrong?

As for Tamazaki, well, I don't think he's coming back - that was a pretty bad place to get wounded with a sword. Actually, I just checked IMDB - he is not listed as a guest star for any other Season 4 episodes.

ivand67 said:
OMG!! I could not disagree with you more about the music last season. Talk all you want about Season 3 being all sucky with Lauren, etc., but Michael Giacchino remained at his usual 5-star best all season long.

He's a musical genius. Don't mess with Giacchino... I'm a big fan! ;)
I thought he didn't fall on his knife (sword, really)... Sydney stabbed him. Or did I see that wrong?
[post="1148958"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
No, I mean the songs used last year were half-assed. There just weren't enough of them - some of the episodes didn't contain any songs at all. And the score by Guicchino wasn't utilized enough. Back during the season 1 missions it was always the element that made them so exciting and pulse-pounding. But I only remember a few missions last season where you really noticed the music and how well it fit. It seemed to be more low-key, for some reason. But maybe it's because the missions were all so personal and serious instead of kind of wild and fun like they were when she was just doing her job.

i agree there didnt seem to be as good use in music - but then again remember the s1 premiere - SO much music - maybe JJ just wanted to go back to that to grab fans attanetion.

The fight with Tamazakie was awesome. I loved the way Syd used the little hooks, which was obviously a nod towards her little dagger things in Elektra. And it was so cooll the way she used his own sword to kill Tamazaki.

Was it jsut me or when Syd was walkin in the tunnel towards the bank and she had the sword. Did it remind anyone else of Kill Bill: a lone woman with a sword waiting to be attacked. i was jsut waiting for the Crazy 88 to jump out and for Syd to kick their asses!!! lol

Back