Taping It Together

Title: Taping it Together
Author: Erin and Molly (xMountineer02300844x and Bluebird015)
Genre: Romance, POV
Rating: PG ish
Ship: S/V
Disclaimer: We own nothing but the characters we have made up
Summary: Sydney and Vaughn meet during a high-school football practice. He is a varsity football player and she is a student athletic trainer. Suddenly, they feel feelings for the other one, but they don’t want to show it to the other. Will they ever attend Prom together?

Hi! We’re both writing this story together. We apologize for any mistakes we have made. You’ll understand the title of this story later on or early on. Enjoy this fic! Molly and I appreciate feedback, suggestions, etc.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>
Chapter One</span>
Sydney’s POV
Today, Erin, Stephanie, Vicki, Brittany, and I started out by filling the water coolers. What a job? I hate filling the coolers because it’s a total pain! Then, Stephanie drove the golf cart out with I to the varsity practice field. We had the water jugs, med kits, towels, ice bucket, and the tool box out to practice. Brittany, Vicki, and Erin were all waiting by the bench and tables to set up before the practice began. Earlier, we had to tape some players’ ankles and wrists. Man, some of those players had stinky feet. Erin pointed a totally hot guy who was walking to practice. I thought he was the hottest guy I had EVER seen! 🤤 We walked up to him and several of his buddies and introduced ourselves as their student athletic trainers. The hot guy introduced himself as Michael Vaughn, the starting quarterback of the team. He told us that everyone calls him Vaughn.

Vaughn’s POV
Today, school didn’t go that well. I got a C on a project I worked so hard on! (n) Then, I headed off to the locker room. I saw Weiss, my best friend. He said that I didn’t deserve the grade I had received. I walked into the athletic training room to get my ankle taped. It seemed to be bothering a lot to me today. As I walking to practice, one hot girl was sitting inside the golf cart. I couldn’t wait to meet/see who she was. Finally, as I arrived to practice I went over to Weiss and several of his buddies. We chatted and I stared at that very hot girl. My heart started pounding when I saw that beautiful girl and her friends heading towards us. She introduced herself as Sydney Bristow, student athletic trainer and track diva.

Interesting start! Looks like both of them liked each other form the start can I please get a PM when the next chapter it up

:welcome: BrownEyedGirl!
:welcome: Garner_chick6!

It's Molly's turn to update...I've gotta update mine! Ahhhhh....

Phoneixwannabe, do you want a pm?

ETA: The update should be coming soon, on a count of that it's Molly's turn!

Hi! Okay...here's your five chapter update. I hope everyone likes all the new chapters I wrote in three days!

:welcome: cupcake55! Sure you can get a PM!

PM List
Vaughnshoney
Syd_ Vaughn
Garner_chick6
BrownEyedGirl
Cupcake55

Chapter Two
-Sydney's POV-
Today so far has been the slowest day ever! There have been no injuries or problems. "Hey Syd!" Coach Newman, the varsity football coach, said, "Can you help Vaughn? He fell in a hole and hurt his ankle."
"No problem Coach Newman!" I responded.

I was so happy and nervous when he came up to me. I chocked up and started asking him questions. I told Steph to call one of the coaches and ask for help. Coach Johnson came up to Vaughn two minutes later and started asking him where the pain was. Coach told me to ice it on and off every twenty minutes and to have Vaughn see him in the Training Room before practice the next day to tape his ankle.
-End of Sydney's POV-

-Vaughn's POV-
This was a really important day for me! This is the day when they post the starting quarterback in the locer room. I've been starting quarterback since I was seven and have made every team every year. Just as we were setting up for a play, my foot went the wrong way into a hole that I swore never was there! I fell down and held my ankle. It hurt so bad. The coaches and the student trainers came up to see if it was ok. After I got up Sydney helped me to the sideline.
-End of Vaughn's POV-

Chapter Three
-Sydney's POV-
Vaughn looked so hot just sitting there. Oh man! I forgot. I have to fill out an injury card. After pulling out a little salmon colored injury card out of our med kit I walked over to where Vaughn was sitting. "Hi Vaughn. I just need some information to fill out the injury card."

"Okay." he replied. Vaughn replied with a sweet voice that made me smile.

"Well...Today's date is October 18th 2005. Last name is Vaughn. Vaughn how do you spell Vaughn?" I loved saying his last name.

"V-A-U-G-H-N." he said slowly.

"Thank you. First name Michael. Sport, Varsity Football. Injury, rolled ankle, iced. How it happened...could you explain it to me again?" I asked flirting.

"I went to run back to through the ball and I fell in a hole I swore wasn't there. Then, I couldn't get up for a minute."

"Thank you very much Vaughn!"
-End of Sydney's POV-

-Erin's POV-
Seeing Sydney question Vaughn about his injury was cute. They looked a lot like a couple. Omigosh! There goes the walkie-talkie! The freshmen trainers need us to put air in two of the football player's helmets.
-End of Erin's POV-

-Britt's POV-
Practice ended and we have to clean the coolers out and re-stock our kits. I swear those players consume T-clips really fast, kind of like their favorite food. Syding is driving me home today. She's got an awesome car, because Mr. Bristow buys her gifts to make up for his being gone on business trips. She's got a sliver Volvo XC90 AWD.
-End Britt's POV-

Chapter Four-Training Room-
-Sydney's POV-
I filled the coolers and made ice buckets for all the practices during my study hall. My study hall time is spent in the TR (Training Room) during the fall season. I told Vaughn yesterday that I would tape his ankle when he comes in. Omigosh! I'm so excited! He's HERE!"
-End of Sydney's POV-

Vaughn walked into the Training Room and hopped up on to a blue taping table. "Bristow! Tape him!" Coach K said.
"Okay," Sydney replied.

-Sydney's POV-
As Vaughn got on the taping table I had to tell myself to get out the tough skin, pre-wrap, heel and lace pads and 2 rolls of tape. I also had to telel myself to do two anchor strips, three stirups-medial to lateral, horseshoes, two heel locks, two figure eights, two heel locks, and cover it all up.
-End of Sydney's POV-

Just as Sydney finished Coach K came around and said to Sydney "Good ankle!"

Chapter Five
-Varsity Practice Field-
Sydney and Erin drove the golf cart and dropped off each practice's water on the training tables then brought the golf cart back. It was their day to stay inside.

-Training Room-
-Sydney's POV-
Everyone cleared out of the chaotic training room around 3:30 and went to their practices. It left only us in the room. I decided that now was a great time for a cup of ice. I went to the drawer and grabbed two Gatorade cups and filled them with ice from the ice machine. I gave Erin the other one. Erin and I cleaned the room. We clorox mopped the floors, cleaning the remaining bottle racks, cleaned the bottle shelf, re-stocked the taping drawers, and cleaned all the coolers. Finally a volleyball player walked in and needed a bag of ice for her ankle. No one else came in after her. The first varsity game of the season is tomorrow! I'm so excited. Ahhhhhh! Everyone is back from practices. Well that was one LONG day.
-End of Sydney's POV

Chapter Six-Training Room-
Sydney walked into the training room to help get the athletes out to their practices and the game tonight.

-Sydney's POV-
After taping two freshmen I asked anyone if they wanted anything from Starbucks or KFC. I took Britt with me to help carry everything. First stop was Starbucks in Windmill Court across the street. I went in and grabbed my shaken green tea unsweetened venti size drink, Coach K's grande size coffee, and Coach Johnson's venti hot chocolate. Then we headed off to KFC to pick up three individual popcorn chickens and one large macaroni and cheese and two mashed potatoes. Driving back to school we got stuck in a line of traffic. Luckily we arrived right on time. Once I got there I handed out drinks and taped three varsity player's ankles. Then I went on to eating my food and a desk. I practically had to stuff myself to finish all of my food. We sat there until seven o'clock when we had to walk out to the stadium and get ready for the game.
-End of Sydney's POV-

-Vaughn's POV-
Sydney didn't tape my ankle today. I was told she was on a food spree. Food sounds great. I found out that I am starting quarterback for the varsity team. I was so excited I practically killed Weiss! The team and I are now heading over to the practice field to practice some final plays before the game. After that we're heading over the run into the stadium and stretch on the field. I really love game days. The school has so much spirit and liveliness to it. The game starts in approximately a half an hour!
-End Vaughn's POV-

A/N: Sorry some of the chapters are short, but each chapter is about one day. Games will last about 2-3 chapters. The first varsity game will be around three chapters. Please R&R!

SPOILERS:
He was breathing hard.

When I reached the field and started filling the water bottles I saw him go through the cheerleaders' arch way. He looked so relaxed but there was something I couldn't put my finger on

Back