Politics Tattoos

Status
Not open for further replies.
sycofancy said:
So you think it is progressive thought to compare child molesters to people who get tattooed?

What I am "slandering" (you better look up that word too) is the opinion that people with tattoos are akin to criminals.

If I am closed minded for thinking that the tattooed are nothing like the sick and disgusting members of nambla, then yes I am the most closed minded person you will ever meet.

You can think tattoos look cheap all you like, but one day you might notice that people are not all about what is, or is not on their skin, but rather what is or is not in thier head.
I never, not once, said I compare child molesters to the tattooed.
I was just stating how the term “closed-minded” has been way over used on this forum.
However, I can see why you thought that I agreed with "molesters being compared to the tattooed". I should have explained why I said what I said more specifically. That is a wrong doing on my part, sorry -_-

I don’t think Jon was trying to say that the tattooed are like NAMBLA,
He was just using them as an analogy/example as to the way they think.
Not in what they believe in but how they refuse to believe that they may be wrong. Like "Stubborn"

Yes, that probably wasn’t a good analogy to use, I agree.
But non-the less, I doubt he was trying to compare the two on their actions.

But that is for him to defend.

My opinion on that is that I don't like the way tattoos look.
But of course, it is your choice to have one and that choice doesn't effect me.
So if you get one/some, just be prepared to have to take any consequences that come with them, being good or bad.

I DO NOT think that the tattooed are sick people……….I just think tattoos look disgusting.

~~Spongy!

Thank you Spongy, They have jumped at the " Nambla" term and missed the whole idea rather than deal with the analogy as immature people will do and Sydney's kidney has once again allowed someone to " take the words right out of her mouth. If you paid attention to the conversation or if that were within your means you would gather that Nambla members don't feel that they are child molesters.They have a very high opinion of themselves. That's my whole point. You can talk to them until you're blue in the face just like I can talk to you "TaT" people and you don't get that you're a part of the sub culture. Something that is tolertated. Not something that is to be esteemed . It is a part of pop culture at best and if you don't understand pop cultures place and significance in American society I don't know if I can explain it to you further . I mean honestly who cares, there tattoos. If you want to deface your body I could care less but don't expect to walk around afterwards and have everyone treat you like a pillar of respectability. It's not going to happen unless there just being polite.

And when you make analogies comparing someone to a rapist why act so surprised when when you get compared to a child molestor. What a bunch of freakin hypocrits.

SydneyFan said:
Thank you Spongy, They have jumped at the " Nambla" term and missed the whole idea rather than deal with the analogy as immature people will do and Sydney's kidney has once again allowed someone to " take the words right out of her mouth. If you paid attention to the conversation or if that were within your means you would gather that Nambla members don't feel that they are child molesters.They have a very high opinion of themselves. That's my whole point. You can talk to them until you're blue in the face just like I can talk to you "TaT" people and you don't get that you're a part of the sub culture. Something that is tolertated. Not something that is to be esteemed . It is a part of pop culture and if you don't understand pop cultures place and significance in American society I don't know if I can explain it to you further . I mean honestly who cares, there tattoos. If you want to deface your body I could care less but don't expect to walk around afterwards and have everyone treat you like a pillar of respectability. It's not going to happen unless there just being polite.
You're welcome Jon and I agree with you :kicking:

The point that were both trying to get at is that if you get a tattoo(s) than you must take the responsibility that comes with it.

I'm a student and if I showed up at school wearing a shirt that sai "f***" on it I wouldn't be allowed to attend. Yes, I have the choice to not wear it but if I did than I would have to take the responsibility that comes with wearing it. (That's an analogy/example :P )
There are certain standards in our society that if people don't chose to follow they will stand the chance at being alienated.

"TaT" people

:rotflmao:

~~Spongy!

SydneyFan said:
Thank you Spongy, They have jumped at the " Nambla" term and missed the whole idea rather than deal with the analogy as immature people will do and Sydney's kidney has once again allowed someone to " take the words right out of her mouth. If you paid attention to the conversation or if that were within your means you would gather that Nambla members don't feel that they are child molesters.They have a very high opinion of themselves. That's my whole point. You can talk to them until you're blue in the face just like I can talk to you "TaT" people and you don't get that you're a part of the sub culture. Something that is tolertated. Not something that is to be esteemed . It is a part of pop culture and if you don't understand pop cultures place and significance in American society I don't know if I can explain it to you further . I mean honestly who cares, there tattoos. If you want to deface your body I could care less but don't expect to walk around afterwards and have everyone treat you like a pillar of respectability. It's not going to happen unless there just being polite.

And when you make analogies comparing someone to a rapist why act so surprised when when you get compared to a child molestor. What a bunch of freakin hypocrits.
Actually I got your point, that you are comparing the mindset of a criminal with the mindset of someone who is tattooed. As a matter of fact if you read my post, you would notice that we have the same point, but different opinions on it. I gathered that nambla members do not believe they are child molesters, but who exactly are people with tattoos hurting? You because YOU don't like them? Perhaps when I am done wiping away the tears I am shedding because I feel so bad that someone like you had to be subjected to the horrors of someone getting a tattoo, horrors that based on your analogy are no better then my molesting children, I will be better able to see your prolific reasoning. I believe you put it, seeing the forest through the trees?

Obviously I have no idea about pop culture. I am on a message board for a freaking TV show...I really could have no idea what pop culture is all about. Perhaps you haven’t noticed, but humans have been tattooing themselves for over 4000 years, and when it falls out of fashion in the US in the next 10 years or so, I will still be getting tattooed because I could really care less what if YOU or anyone else sees me as a “pillar of respect” whatever that may be.

Once again, unlike you, I respect, or disrespect people based on the diatribe they spew on a daily basis, not their tattoos or clothes or any of those other pop culture adornments I couldn't possibly understand. Then again I have no grasp of what being closed minded is either, so I couldn’t know what it is like to live in a world were people actually disagree with me.

Perhaps one day when you’re all grown up you will have a boss that is tattooed, and once again I will be crying tears of empathy that you have feign respect for them just to be polite. Life is just so, so hard.

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
There are certain standards in our society that if people don't chose to follow they will stand the chance at being alienated.
Oh my god I can see it so clearly now! I am not upholding YOUR standrds! I was so so wrong to have caused this insurrection!

It's off to the laser surgeon post haste!

It's amazing that I have lived 24 years of my life without even once being discriminated against for being tattooed. I guess I am just lucky, but how much longer will this luck last? HOW MUCH LONGER?!? :(

Perhaps one day when you’re all grown up you will have a boss that is tattooed, and once again I will be crying tears of empathy that you have feign respect for them just to be polite. Life is just so, so hard.

Don't be so bitter Sycofancy I like you and I like your posts. Maybe I got carried away and caught up in the arguement. Their are obviously a variety of people with a variety tattoos and not everyone fits into my mold of statements. I was just protecting myself a little I think. I do like the I'm not sure of the spelling but the people from New Zealand the Mawry's? The tribal tattos. Those are cool. I like the world diverse and I like people to do there own thing. I do however think that most people get tattoos for the wrong reason and that most people are not tattoo people which I know is a prejudice on my part and is stupid but that's just the way I am. If you are into your tattoos maybe you understand this.

And as far as being grown up I am all grown up and I'm my own boss. I don't think you can argue the fact that young people with tatoos usually prove to be not very responsible. This may not be the case when they get older. But it's almost always the case when they're young. Why do you think everyone tells people to cover their tattos when they go to a job interview. But maybe that's all changing and I'm just missing it. I'm really a very liberal person I've just made the choice in my life not to get tattooed and not to get pierced. I don't have any facial hair either. I never felt like I needed the attention. Just plain and simple me ;)

sycofancy said:
SpongeBobSquarePants said:
Oh my god I can see it so clearly now! I am not upholding YOUR standrds! I was so so wrong to have caused this insurrection!

It's off to the laser surgeon post haste!

It's amazing that I have lived 24 years of my life without even once being discriminated against for being tattooed. I guess I am just lucky, but how much longer will this luck last? HOW MUCH LONGER?!? :(
I like sarcasim :lol: :rolleyes:

If you want a tattoo(s), that is fine with me.
Do I think they look disgusting? Yes
If I was a boss and someone with a tattoo(s) wanted a job would I hire them? Yes, so long that they cover them up at work.

However, I was just stating that society has standards and if you chose not to follow them you MAY face discrimination.

Maybe you wont maybe you will, it's just a consequence.

You can argue that point forever with me and it still wont change the fact that THIS society, in the West, may discriminate against the tattooed.

~~Spongy!

SydneyFan said:
Don't be so bitter Sycofancy I like you and I like your posts. Maybe I got carried away and caught up in the arguement. Their are obviously a variety of people with a variety tattoos and not everyone fits into my mold of statements. I was just protecting myself a little I think. I do like the I'm not sure of the spelling but the people from New Zealand the Mawry's? The tribal tattos. Those are cool. I like the world diverse and I like people to do there own thing. I do however think that most people get tattoos for the wrong reason and that most people are not tattoo people which I know is a prejudice on my part and is stupid but that's just the way I am. If you are into your tattoos maybe you understand this.

And as far as being grown up I am all grown up and I'm my own boss. I don't think you can argue the fact that young people with tatoos usually prove to be not very responsible. This may not be the case when they get older. But it's almost always the case when they're young. Why do you think everyone tells people to cover their tattos when they go to a job interview. But maybe that's all changing and I'm just missing it. I'm really a very liberal person I've just made the choice in my life not to get tattooed and not to get pierced. I don't have any facial hair either. I never felt like I needed the attention. Just plain and simple me ;)
I agree with you that I think the majority of young people getting tattooed today are going to regret it, I understand where you are coming from etc etc. I think it is absurd that it is a part of pop culture today, because it is going to cost alot of people alot of pain and money to fix thier youthfully exhuberant mistake, and that really is too bad.

All I am saying is that tattoos are no longer for prisoners, bikers, and those on the fringe of society. Aside being a covertly tattooed and pierced lesbian (3 things you could not tell about me unless you knew me quite well) I am a very much the poster child for the twenty-something, ivy league educated, future of america, and not once have tattoos ever caused me to not get what I was after.

By the way, I am not bitter all the time, sarcastic yes, but bitter not so much. Cynical is more like it. I like to get attention for my ideas and my work rather then for my body art, which is why it seldom sees the light of day in mixed company.

All I am saying is that tattoos are no longer for prisoners, bikers, and those on the fringe of society.
That's true!!

Aside being a covertly tattooed and pierced lesbian (3 things you could not tell about me unless you knew me quite well) I am a very much the poster child for the twenty-something, ivy league educated, future of america, and not once have tattoos ever caused me to not get what I was after.
I think that's cool!! :rolleyes:

about this lesbian thing? :lol: just kidding :lol: :lol: I really do like your posts!!

Just thought I would throw the lesbian thing in to show that you would never know by looking at me that I was not in any minority of society. Can judge people by how they look etc etc...

I find your post enjoyable as well and think that everyone around here has a good point most of the time. It is nice to see that groups of people can actually debate something without resorting to insults and what not. If only real life were like that....

I have nothing against tattoos (I want one).

The problem is that some people don't think before getting one. They go to a place and they choose the tattoo 5 minutes before getting it (like someone I know). A tattoo is something that you're having for life so you better think of what you want longer than 5 minutes.

SydneyFan said:
And as far as being grown up I am all grown up and I'm my own boss.
Please remind us what you do for a living Jon?

Okay, don't.... that's personal, but my point is that even with my tattoos I've come a long way in life and they were of no disadvantage to me whatsoever. You really should think before you write some of these ridiculous responses. You of all people shouldn't speak of so called adult responsibilities. Who do you live with again? How old are you?

Thank you. Peace........ :smiley:

*waits for your revenge*

well, i never expected people to get so worked up over tattoos. i like some of them, and i don't like others, but that's pretty irrelevant considering someone else's tattoo does not harm me or anyone else for that matter.

xdancer said:
well, i never expected people to get so worked up over tattoos. i like some of them, and i don't like others, but that's pretty irrelevant considering someone else's tattoo does not harm me or anyone else for that matter.
Yes I think it's funny.

Perhaps someone should start some kind of topic about the chicken or the egg and which came first. I can only imagine the rumble that could be had.

SydneyFan said:
If you knew half of the things I've accomplished in my life you'd raise your panties in the air every time you heard my name. Like you don't already.
Jeez does this mental condition you suffer from happen to be arrogance?

I really can't believe that all of this has errupted because of a disagreement about tattoos!

Jeez does this mental condition you suffer from happen to be arrogance?
Yeah, do you think you can get over it?

To Sydney's Kidney: To discuss my occupation age and living arrangements with regards to my posts as if to insinuate I am somehow less of a person because of this. As if it is in some way affecting my social status, is disturbing, yet incredibly sad, in a mean and sickening way on your part. What type of person does this or even considers these things to be of value when judging a person. Talk about me being judgemental, you take the cake in a really embarrasing for you, sort of way. There are things that adults and learned people just don't do and this is one of them. I would be embarrased for you if you were 12. That still wouldn't be an excuse. This is remarkable. And quit calling things ridiculous just because you don't understand them. It's the sign of a weak person. woops that was a little redundant wasn't it. You must just be filled with so much hate to behave the way you do. I don't understand it. Especially with what I know about you. I'm in awe!!

SydneyFan said:
To Sydney's Kidney: To discuss my occupation age and living arrangements with regards to my posts as if to insinuate I am somehow less of a person because of this. As if it is in some way affecting my social status, is disturbing, yet incredibly sad, in a mean and sickening way on your part.
Don't like the taste of your own medicine? So now you know how us tattooed folk felt with your remarks about the negative messages we send out to people and how our chances of getting good jobs are limited due to mutilating our bodies in such a disgusting way, plus the million other reasons you gave for us being inferior.

I was very vague and didn't give ANY details about your situation. That was directed to you alone, so you could stop and think for a second where YOU are before making these silly judgements on other people just for having something as petty as a tattoo. I basically meant to just shut you up about this. You were contradicting yourself in your posts, and I just thought to myself, "Who is he to talk? Look where his non-tattooed, non-pierced, no facial hair on his face because he doesn't feel the need for that kind of attention, self has gotten him in life". Maybe I hit way below the belt, and for that I'm sorry. I never meant for you to actually write the details out.

Perhaps I shouldn't make posts after having been out on the town all night drinking. ;)

SydneyFan said:
You must just be filled with so much hate to behave the way you do. I don't understand it. Especially with what I know about you. I'm in awe!!
And what do you know about me?

You know I was suicidal for the better part of 4 years. Well, that's already been discussed on the suicide thread that was locked, so no news there. You also know I don't like racist remarks made towards me in reference to my asian-american backround, or ANY racial stereotyping at all. You had some fun doing this however. Hey.... maybe you & Bob should hook up. She's into that too. You also know I don't like being called a wench, wh0re, or any of those other lovely things you called me when I was trying to be nice to you some weeks ago.

Go ahead and tell people what you "think" you know about me. Just remember, my comments about you didn't reveal anything. It was YOU who revealed those things. I honestly didn't think you would. Again, it was just meant for you to see and get you to stop and think.

SydneyFan said:
Rationalize away, you are demented. My own medicine?I said disgusting ways. are you making things up again. Just make it all up screw it.  Yawn. never called you *h**e or whench like your saying. and yes I know a lot about you. More than you know about yourself I would imagine but forget about that that was easy, I'm not gonna be your reason for living. Like you have some guy that will pay attention to you now. Just forget it and know your place. Don't use me as your status symbol. You make me feel dirty.

Wow, after reading that it's safe to say you are a flat out liar. Unbelievable! Or should I even be suprised? I think I still have the pm's in which you apologized for calling me those things. Who's demented? YOU ARE PAL! Glad I never told you too much about myself. You don't even know my name, my real email addy or what I do for a living. I knew you were a bit sketchy, so I took caution before telling you too much. Glad I did. I make you feel dirty? You've been dirty a long time pal, with no help from me :smiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back