Tattoo's

Sheldon

Dreamsmasher
Am I the only one that find these incredibly sexy?

I love sleeves, and one only adds to the mystique of a lady. There is nothing better than ink on a female.

If the tattoo have a meaning behind it and actually looks good then I'm all game. Been thinking about getting a few myself but haven't had the money to spend on it just yet.

I wholeheartedly agree with you though.. A woman with ink is sexy as hell.

I find tattoos mesmerizing. I personally don't need to know the meaning of the tattoo they chose. They look incredibly sexy is all I do know.

I know with mine, I have my reasons, and I can remember where I was, when it was, who I was with, everything about it. They have simply told the story of my life, and I chose to put them onto my body to express that.

I have noticed they are slowly getting more mainstream, when I got my first one, it was still looked at in a taboo way. Now, ~20 years later, here we are. I do still get looks at work, and I do know they hinder my advancement in the workplace.

I find tattoos mesmerizing. I personally don't need to know the meaning of the tattoo they chose. They look incredibly sexy is all I do know.

I know with mine, I have my reasons, and I can remember where I was, when it was, who I was with, everything about it. They have simply told the story of my life, and I chose to put them onto my body to express that.

I have noticed they are slowly getting more mainstream, when I got my first one, it was still looked at in a taboo way. Now, ~20 years later, here we are. I do still get looks at work, and I do know they hinder my advancement in the workplace.
Oh yeah I was just saying that the tattoo need to be meaningful for the one carrying it. I really don't like when people get a tattoo only for the sake of getting one.

Oh yeah I was just saying that the tattoo need to be meaningful for the one carrying it. I really don't like when people get a tattoo only for the sake of getting one.

Yeah, the I'm Cool I Have A Tattoo people. I grew tired of seeing them long ago.

Yeah, the I'm Cool I Have A Tattoo people. I grew tired of seeing them long ago.
Agreed. They've destroyed some of the best concepts by mainstreaming them that way.

Take the tribal band tattoo for instance. For centuries that tattoo symbolised and embodied ideals. Now you see at least ten of those a day on the beach... And sadly most of them don't even know what the tattoo means themselves, let alone what it means to them as individuals.

Collective mind-sharers. God how I despise them sometimes.

Worst part, when I got my first tattoo in '94, it had tribal in it (way before it was cool to do so). Now, I want it covered up.

Worst part, when I got my first tattoo in '94, it had tribal in it (way before it was cool to do so). Now, I want it covered up.
Precisely.. Because people that don't have a clue get them because the whole "it's cool to have a tribal tattoo" is for some reason branded inside that tiny brain of theirs.

Mainstream.

I kinda hope it'd go back to the "had to be in jail or military" to have one. At least then you'd get away from pop stars getting a microphone on their fat ass cankle and calling it cool stuff.

Anyway I've been thinking about starting off on a small scale with a text. A daily reminder to myself.

Errare humanum est ignoscere divinum est

To remind myself to forgive people for what they've done, the pain they've caused me and to move on. Not losing stride. Personal reminder for my childhood and early teen years.

I love tattoos. My other half has about 16 and, like Sheldon he can tell you where he was, who he was with, who did it and why he got it for each one. I only have the one at the moment. Just a small one on the top of my right arm - chinese style dragon (in black) in front of a setting sun and it took me about six months before settling on the design I wanted because it does have meaning to me. I agree with everythign that's been said about tattoos becoming mainstream and some of the ridiculous ones I've seen just make me shudder.

Attachments

• semperfi.jpg
    semperfi.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 86
Isn't that the obligatory tattoo for any Marine? :P

We always called them "Ooh-Rah" tattoos. I was out of the Marine Corps for 7 years before I got any USMC related tats. I have always been proud of my service and accomplishments while in, and wanted a way to express it.

Back