Comedy Team America: World Police (2004)

Title: Team America: World Police

Tagline: Freedom Hangs By A Thread

Genre: Adventure, Action, Comedy

Director: Trey Parker

Cast: Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Kristen Miller, Masasa Moyo, Daran Norris, Maurice LaMarche, Phil Hendrie, Chelsea Marguerite, Jeremy Shada, Fred Tatasciore

Release: 2004-01-14

Runtime: 98

Plot: Team America World Police follows an international police force dedicated to maintaining global stability. Learning that dictator Kim Jong il is out to destroy the world, the team recruits Broadway star Gary Johnston to go undercover. With the help of Team America, Gary manages to uncover the plan to destroy the world. Will Team America be able to save it in time? It stars… Samuel L Jackson, Tim Robbins, Sean Penn, Michael Moore, Helen Hunt, Matt Damon, Susan Sarandon, George Clooney, Danny Glover, Ethan Hawke, Alec Baldwin… or does it?
Team America: World Police (2004)

Team America follows an international police force dedicated to maintaining global stability. Learning that power hungry dictator Kim Jong Il is out to destroy the world, the team recuits Broadway star Gary Johnston to go undercover. With the help of Team America, Gary manages to slip into an arms dealer's hideout to uncover the plan to destroy the world. Will Team America be able to save the world?

Rated R for graphic crude and sexual humor, violent images and strong language- all involving puppets

i thought this was the FUNNIEST yet most inappropriate movie ever made. i cannot think of any 5 consecutive minutes where i wasnt laughing. if anyone decides to see it, do NOT eat or drink because you WILL choke (like i did) :lol:

anyone else seen it? i wanna get their soundtrack coming out this tuesday.

Ya know what I liked? They set off to tick everyone off. Be you conservative, liberal, human or puppet, it was totally designed to offend you. They're equal opportunity offenders. ;)

Oh I definitely agree. I think a lot of people went into the theatre thinking a side was chosen. But it pretty much offended everyone, hahaha.

I wonder if we'll ever get this movie. My brother has a copy of release dates until mid-2006 (he manages a cinema). I should go check...

I heard they might be sued for ripping off some other film.

OK, I thought this movie would suck and I only went b/c my bf really wanted to go (he loves South Park.) Anyway, I actually did laugh, but I would not recommend this movie to anyone who is highly sensitive or easily offended.

I can't believe it almost got an NC-17 rating for the puppet sex. I mean, c'mon, they're PUPPETS!

ms.katejones said:
OK, I thought this movie would suck and I only went b/c my bf really wanted to go (he loves South Park.) Anyway, I actually did laugh, but I would not recommend this movie to anyone who is highly sensitive or easily offended.

I can't believe it almost got an NC-17 rating for the puppet sex. I mean, c'mon, they're PUPPETS!
[post="1053589"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i believe they tried 12 times to get it rated R. the puppet sex scene used to be anatomically correct, but like you said, NC-17. either way, i could have seen it, but if it were NC-17, im not sure i would have...even if they are marionettes

:lol: ...I just saw it yesterday...I need this soundtrack!

America...f*** YEAH!

Really need it...

''I miss you like that movie missed the point...''

Jai :rain:

I have to say after seeing this I was shocked what Trey Parker and Matt Stone can come up with. It was hilarious and shameless. A really good parody. And how cruelly all the movie stars were killed! :P :P Loved it.

P.S. I loved how they used real cats in the movie. :D

It was so bad and wrong, it was funny, I was this yesterday and we went with a group of friends and me and one of my best friends were the only ones to laugh at the beginning where the carlson dies! I thought it was extremely funny! :lol:

I don't think i have laughed so much in ages. it was absolutely hysterical which i knew it would be from the triler and plus the fact that i love south park and the south park movie. OMG the puppet sex was so funny. i almost wet myself. it was just the fact that they went through every position and completely got away with it cos they were puppets. Great!!!! :lol:

"I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting classes" :lol:

garnergarnish said:
I don't think i have laughed so much in ages. it was absolutely hysterical which i knew it would be from the triler and plus the fact that i love south park and the south park movie. OMG the puppet sex was so funny. i almost wet myself. it was just the fact that they went through every position and completely got away with it cos they were puppets. Great!!!! :lol:

[post="1188323"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i loved that line!! lol

the songs were so funny! i was in hysterics all the time!

the fight scene at the beginning was so funny 😆

garnergarnish said:

[post="1188323"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I loved that song... :lol:

The DVD comes out on the 25th of April here...I am am soooooooo buying it!

Jai :rain:

He he...ah lol...I loved the bit with "What's the warning sign?" lol....it was perfect, and then in the desert chase afterwards....this was such good fun!

Jai

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database