Tech-Room Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kristin is working on typing her extremly long chapter. Last time I checked on her, she was on pg.8 of 23, so it might be awhile. Please hang in there! :smiley: It's totally worth it, believe me!

~Jessica

okay, here it is! ^_^

DISCLAIMER: I did NOT write the song "Na Na".That belongs to Superchic[k]! And obviously I don't own the gum brands... ^_^ yeah...there you go

Chapter 12

Sydney woke to the sound of her alarm clock. She looked out her window. It was beautiful outside, but to her it was dark and gloomy.

As she got dressed and began to get breakfast, she couldn’t help but wonder if Michael had come up with a plan. After a few minutes, Sydney realized that she was writing Michael’s name in her oatmeal instead of eating it. So, she took out her cell phone and dialed his number.

It rang. And rang. And rang. And rang. Then, she heard him.

“Hey, this is Michael Vaughn.”

“Michael, it’s me—“

“I can’t come to the phone right now, please leave a message after the beep.”

BEEP!

“Hey, it’s me. What’s the plan? Call me as soon as you can.”

Then she hung up and headed to work.

She took the long way to work; hoping Michael would call her back. He didn’t.

Sydney took a deep breath as she entered the SD-6 parking garage. She desperately hoped that Michael had a plan. She looked into her rear-view mirror and saw several men coming towards her.

Immediately her cell phone was out and she hit redial. She got Michael’s machine again.

“Michael, I was right. They’re—“

They were right outside her car door. She hung up.

Sydney turned off her car and walked out. She gave the men questioning looks, even though she knew what was going on,

“Come with us,” one man said.

Sydney began to follow. Out of the corner of her eye she saw one man take out a gun and another take out handcuffs.

The man with the handcuffs came up to her. She tried to get away from him, but could not. He forcefully grabbed her arms and put the handcuffs tightly on her. Then the man with the gun came forward. He put the gun high above his head, then forcefully brought it down.

She instantly felt the sharp pain. Before she could even blink she was on the ground. Attempting to get away was her only option, so she tried to get up. As Sydney began to stand, everything went black and she was unconscious.

The men picked her up.

“Tell Mr. Sloane we have the part one of the package. We’re bringing her inside now,” the man with the gun said.

“Mr. Sloane says to take her to the conversation room,” a voice replied.

So the men carried Sydney inside and took her to the conversation room.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

A pair of hands was touching Marshall. In his mind it couldn’t possibly be time to wake up, and had no idea who would be trying to wake him up. So, he kept his eyes closed, hoping that whoever it was would give up.

“Kat?” Marshall asked when the hands wouldn’t give up.

“Umm…no. This is Will.”

“Will who?”

“Will Tippin.”

“Oh…that’s nice…tell me, Will Tippin, what time is it?”

“9:47”

Marshall then woke up with a start.

“WHAT?!?! I’M LATE! AGAIN!”

“Again? How many times have you been late?”

“I’m not sure. I lost count awhile ago.”

“And you haven’t been fired yet?”

“Nope, not yet.”

“I made you some food. I’ll go put it in a bag for you and you can take it with you. You better hurry up.”

“Okay, thanks, Will. I’ll be down there in a minute.”

Will left Marshall alone and went down to the kitchen. He had just finished putting Marshall’s food in a bag when his cell phone rang.

“This is Will.”

“Hey!” Francie’s cheery voice said.

“Hey, Fran, what’s up?”

“Umm..will you please come back? At least to the restaurant…I really need your help today. One of my busboys called in sick.”

B-RING…B-RING!

“Hold on Francie. Marshall’s phone just rang.”

Will grabbed the phone.
“Marshall’s house,” he said.

“Can I speak to Marshall please?” a woman who sounded almost exactly like Sydney said.

“Who is this?” Will asked.

“Katarina…who’s this?”

“Will…Tippin. So do you have a last name?”

“Yeah, sorry. Katarina Bristow.”

“Okay, I’ll…I’ll just go get Marshall.”

He put his hand over the phone and walked over to the stairs wondering if Katarina was related to Sydney.

“MARSHALL!!!”

“Yeah!” Marshall yelled from upstairs.

“There is a Katarina on the phone for you!”

He heard a thud.

“I’m coming!”

Marshall came down almost instantly and took the phone from Will.

“Kat? Hey. I’m really sorry, but I can’t talk now, I’m late for work…again. Yeah, I’ll talk to you later. Bye!” Marshall told Kat.

Will picked up his cell phone.

“Francie, are you still there? Okay, well I’ll be there in…30 minutes.”

Then he hung up and turned to Marshall.

“Thanks for the food,” Marshall said.

“Thanks for letting me stay here,” Will replied.

“No problem. I gotta go. I’m already 20 minutes late.”

“Alright, I’ll see you when you get home. Then we can talk about Katarina.”

Marshall smiled and nodded. Then he grabbed the food and his car keys and left.

He got into his car and turned it on.

“Click it or ticket, Marshall,” he told himself. “And you can’t afford another ticket.”

He buckled his seatbelt, and put his Superchic[k] “Last One Picked” CD into his CD player. Then he backed out of his driveway.

“Let’s go shuffle mode,” he said as he pushed the shuffle button. “Oh! “Na Na”, great pick Marshall.

Then the song began to play.

You’re building a case against me
Prosecutor, judge, and jury
We’ve had this conversation in your head
Because I wasn’t there you made up what I said
Or what I would have said
You know me so well
You’ve heard how I am and how I’m going to
Heaven knows we’ve never had this conversation
Should I be calling it a condemnation
Cuz you’re not listening to me…
So

“NA NA NA NA NA,” Marshall sang.

That’s all I’m gonna say…

“NA NA NA NA NA…”

You’ve made up your mind anyway…

“NA NA NA NA NA…”

There’s nothing I can do, so….

“NA NA NA NA NA…”

Couldn’t we be friends if not for you.
I feel like the teacher from Charlie Brown…

“All you hear is that wah wah wah sound...”

Maybe I’m a Pokemon, Pikachu
That’s what comes out when I’m talking to you
You’re a crusader you’ve made me your fight…

“Your superhero name is Mr. Right…”

One verse, two choruses, and four songs later, Marshall was pulling into the SD-6 garage.

“Just don’t kiss us ‘til then!” Marshall sang.

He let the song finish, then took the CD out and put it in its case. Then he turned off his car, grabbed his briefcase, and headed inside. He was almost inside when he felt something go into his back.

Marshall tried to find whatever it was and pull it out. He felt something that felt like a dart, and pulled it out. It was a tranquilizer dart. After staggering a few steps, Marshall fell to the floor. He was in a deep sleep.

A group of men dragged him inside and threw him in a room.

“Make sure Mr. Sloane is aware that we have the second package, and the third will be here within the hour,” one man told another.

“Right away,” he replied.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Will stepped outside. He began his walk to Francie’s restaurant.

He got the feeling that somebody was watching him. Then he remembered something Vaughn had told him: eyes are everywhere.

Without realizing it, he began to walk faster. He started to run and didn’t stop until he reached the bus stop. He didn’t need to get on the bus, but he wanted whoever was following him to come out into the open. As he sat on the bench, he thought about the previous night, he wondered if SD-6 suspected anything.

It was then that he realized the full extremity of the danger he might have put Sydney, Marshall, and himself in. The thought of them being tortured or worse killed by Arvin Sloane and his goons was horrifying. He shook his head trying to get the unpleasant thoughts to leave. They didn’t. When Will felt a gun on his neck the horror washed over him ten times worse than before.

“Get in the van, Mr. Tippin,” a distorted voice said.

“I…I don’t want to,” he said his courage building. “You’re gonna hafta make me. KWAA!!”

Will was glad that Vaughn had been teaching him self-defense. He started to attack the man behind him. He successfully gave the man three blows and was about to deliver another when something hit him in the back.

It made him tired and dizzy. He tried to walk and it got worse. He reached to his back to look for a tranquilizer dart, but was hit with a gun over his head. He immediately fell to the ground.

“Put him in the van,” one of the men said to two others.

Two men picked him up and put him in the van. Then they jumped in, and sped away down the street.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Michael Vaughn rubbed his eyes. Outlining the mission to take down SD-6 had taken until past 2:30 in the morning. He was tired, but needed to be awake just in case Sydney called.

He walked over to his phone and was greeted by Donovan. He had missed four calls. Michael pushed a few buttons, and he and Donovan were ready to listen.

The first call was from Alice. She was crying.

“Michael, it’s me- - Alice,” Donovan whined at the sound of Alice’s voice. “I know you told me over a month ago that- - we were braking up…but- - but I want you to reconsider. I mean just think of how much we’ve been through…and…”

Michael sighed. “I wish she would just leave me alone! Don’t you Donovan?”

The next message was from Eric.

“Hey, Mike. It’s me, Eric. Devlin said for me to tell you to call in as soon as you hear from Sydney, if not before. Oh, and Alice keeps calling me and asking why you’re avoiding her. She’s called around twenty times so I’d appreciate it if you’d call her…or shut her up…or- - or something! She’s driving me crazy! See you later.”

Michael shook his head and sighed. Donovan did the same. Donovan despised Alice. She was so annoying… and all those frilly collars...enough said.

The next message was from Sydney.

“Hey, it’s me. What’s the plan? Call me as soon as you can.”

He let the last message go, his mind still on Sydney.

“Michael, I was right. They’re- -“

Sydney had been cut-off for some reason. It was all silent. This gave Michael a sudden jolt of energy. He quickly got dressed, grabbed a vanilla coke, and got into his car. He was about to speed away when his cell phone rang.

“Michael Vaughn,” he said somewhat annoyed.

“HI!” came an excited voice.

Michael knew immediately who that was. No one’s voice was as annoying as hers.

“Alice, we’re over! How many times do you have to hear this?”

“Is there someone else? Because technically, to me, we’re not over until there’s someone else, and even then I’ll try to- -“

“Alice, there is someone else. Her name is Sydney. She is amazing… smart, beautiful, and all around… wonderful. And you know what else?”

“What?” Alice asked angrily.

“I LOVE her.”

“Well…well do YOU know what, Michael Vaughn?? “

“No, and truthfully I don’t want to.”

“I hate you.”

“Wow…” he said in amazement. Then whispering he said, “Finally.”

“I can’t believe you!”

“Alice, I tried to be nice, really I did, but you stalking me …it doesn’t work. I’m sorry, but we’re over. Quit calling me, quit calling my friends, and don’t even try to find Sydney.”

“It’s America…it’s a - -“

“Alice, we’re done.”

And he hung up.

He sped all the way to headquarters. He ran inside and headed to Devlin’s office. He knocked on the door and was acknowledged with a nod.

“Do we have confirmation?” Devlin asked.

“Yes, sir. They have Agent Bristow. We have to leave now,” Michael replied urgently.

“Contact Agent Weiss and the other two Agent Bristows. Tell them to get their teams together now. You leave in 15 minutes.”

Michael wasted no time. He ran to Eric’s room and told him to get his team ready. Then he called Jack and told him the same. Next he sent word to Kat. Finally he got his team together.
This process took ten minutes.

They quickly went over the mission, then got into their designated vehicles. They quickly began to drive away.

Michael was in a very nice blue convertible. He was to pretend to open an account at Credit Dauphine. While he was doing that, Weiss would gas the lobby. When the workers were all knocked out, the teams would move in.

To Michael it seemed like forever before the Credit Dauphine building was in sight. He was speeding, racing to the building that was now in front of his eyes. Slamming on the brakes, he pulled into a parking spot. Then he put on his sunglasses and headed inside hoping it wasn’t too late.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Sydney woke up in a cell. She had been in a cell like this before, and she wasn’t surprised to be there.

As she sat up and looked around, she spotted Marshall. He was asleep on a cot across from her. He had a black eye, but other than that, he looked okay. She wondered what SD-6 would do to him. Marshall wouldn’t even know why he was there. It was his first active day with the CIA and he was already in trouble.

She had no idea what Security Section or Sloane would do, but she did know one thing for sure. Michael Vaughn would come for her.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Michael had just approached the receptionist at the front desk. She began to talk to him about opening an account, and depositing things, but he wasn’t listening. His mind was on Sydney. He loved her more than anyone and anything else. His thoughts were put back on the mission when the receptionist handed him a pen and a form to fill out.

“Fill this out please, sir,” she said to him.

Michael took the forms and the pen. Then he dropped the pen on the floor. He bent down to pick it up, and began to get into his briefcase. He pulled out a gas mask and put it on. Next he pushed the com in his ear.

“Go ahead Juicy Fruit,” he said to Eric.

“Commencing in 5… 4… 3… 2…” Eric counted.
Michael grabbed the pen, then stood up.

“One.”

The room instantly filled with gas. After a few minutes, everyone in the room was knocked out.

“SpyDaddy, do you copy?” Michael asked Jack.

“SpyDaddy copies, Doublemint,” Jack replied.

“Bubbleliscious, so you copy?” Michael inquired.

“Bubbleliscious ready to kick butt!” Kat exclaimed.

“Juicy Fruit, do you still copy?” Michael questioned.

“Juicy Fruit still copies,” spoke Eric.

“Alright, everyone, Operation Takedown is a go.”

Jack then entered the building. He went inside SD-6 the same way that he normally would. Kat followed.

Everybody else had to enter a different way. They went the way Cole had. Their tranquilizer guns ready, the headed inside.

As Jack and Kat entered they took off their masks. Very few of the SD-6 agents even bothered to look up. Dixon walked over to Kat, thinking she was Sydney.

“Syd,” he said. “Sloane wants to speak with you in his office.”

“Oh, okay,” Kat replied. “Do you know what he wants?”

“No, but he sounded urgent.”

As Kat walked towards Sloane’s office, she heard Eric over her com.

“You know, you’re codename should have been Bootyliscious instead of Bubbleliscious. Did you see the way Dixon looked at you?” Eric laughed.

“You should have been code named Bubblebum. Oops! I mean Bubbleyum,” Kat fiercely said. “I’m going into Sloane’s office. Get your head in the game.”

“Bubbleliscious are we ready to commence gas?” Michael asked.

“Affirmative, Doublemint.”

Kat quickly went into Sloane’s office and shut the door. Sloane looked very surprised yet upset at the same time.

“You wanted to see me?”

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Marshall sat up confused. He was lying on a cot, in a cell, across from Sydney. He knew she could tell he was confused, but her eyes told him not to say anything.

They sat in silence for about seven minutes, then they heard some footsteps. Two big men with guns came in. One pointed his gun at Marshall, the other one at Sydney.

“Get on your knees,” one said. “Heads to the ground.”

They quickly obeyed.

“Mr. Sloane has asked us to inform you that we have your friend, Will Tippin,” the other man said. “He is being tortured and will be killed if you don’t tell us who you’re working for.”

Marshall was now even more confused. What had happened, that he did not know, but he figured that it must have been done at his house. So Marshall decided that they thought he was involved.

Suddenly the two men picked him up. They took him to a room and he was placed in a chair. Before he could blink the men tightly wrapped huge restraints on him. Then the men left.

Fear quickly took over Marshall. He had no idea what was going on. Then, he heard footsteps. They weren’t very loud, but were coming towards him. His fear grew even more.

The man that walked in was somewhat familiar looking. He was the man of mystery. He had been seen around the office, but no one knew what he did or what his name was. And if they did, no on would talk about him.

No matter how hard Marshall tried to pull them away, his eyes remained on that man. The man pulled out a tape recorder and pressed record. Then he began to pull out needles and jars filled with liquids of different colors.

“Um…I know I’ve been late a lot lately…but…but don’t you think this is a… little extreme?” Marshall asked the man.

The man did not reply, but picked up a needle and a jar filled with clear liquid. As he filled the needle with the liquid Marshall cringed. Shots had never been a big deal for him, but he was positive that nothing good would come out of that needle.

Marshall took a deep breath as the needle came near him. He felt the sting of pain as the needle went into his arm. Then he started screaming in pain. Whatever had just been injected into him hurt. The pain was excruciating.

The evil man had a sly smile on his face as Marshall sat screaming and shaking.

“That was a mild truth syrome,” the evil man said. “All the pain can stop if you tell me who it is you are working for. Tell me, Marshall. Who do you work for?”

Marshall just sat shaking. They probably thought that he would talk right away, or was too weak to say nothing, but he would prove them wrong. The pain was horrible, but he sat in silence.

“I have to go take care of your friends. I have four more syromes among other things, Marshall. Think about how stubborn you’re going to be,” the evil man’s eerie voice said.

Then he left Marshall alone with the pain.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Sloane looked up.

“I thought you were in the conversation room,” Sloane said in shock.

“No,” Kat replied. “Can I tell you something?”

“Of course you can, Sydney. What is it?”

“Well you see, I know this man. He was a CIA agent. Then one day he felt like his superiors had betrayed him. So he joined an organization that worked against the CIA. He had his own branch of the Alliance of Twelve. He murders innocent people, just because they find out the truth about what he does. He recruits people by deceiving them into believing that they work for the CIA and are fighting against groups like the Alliance, while they really work for them. Those people are going to learn the truth and they are going to learn it today. Then that man will be locked up.”

BANG!

Sloane had pulled out his gun and shot her in the chest. Kat, who was taken by surprise, flew backward and fell to the floor.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Will sat tied to a chair. Blood drenched his shirt, and was in a puddle on the floor. They had been torturing him for so long, Will had lost track of the time.

He remembered the last time he had been tortured like this. He was in Taipei, and Sark was responsible. He hated Sark, and now more than ever he hated Sloane.

No one was in the room at the moment. So he tried to escape, but to no avail. Then he heard footsteps coming towards him. Once again, Will prepared for the worst.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Two men with guns had led Sydney to a small room. There were only a few items in that room. The biggest item was a bucket.

The bucket was a good size. It was bigger than her head, and as they got close to it Sydney realized that it was filled with water.

If she wasn’t handcuffed she would have tried to get Will and Marshall and get out, but right now that was out of the question.

Sydney was pushed to the ground. One of the men forced her to sit on her knees, then he grabbed her neck. The other man kept his gun pointed at her.

Footsteps were heard. With her eyes, Sydney followed the sound. A familiar looking man walked in. He had almost tortured her before. He had an eerie smile on his face and stood there trying to intimidate her, which he wasn’t successfully doing. He walked closer and made eye contact with her.

“We know you work for someone other than SD-6,” he said. “Who are you working for?”

Sydney just glared at him.

The man nodded to the guard holding Sydney’s neck. The guard began to push Sydney’s head to the water filled bucket.

Sydney took a deep breath just before her head was forced into the bucket. She quickly ran out of breath and tried to pull her head up. The guard held her head down inside the bucket. After a few minutes he pulled her head up.

She began to cough uncontrollably. Then she gathered as much air as she could.

The man’s eerie smile was still there.

“Tell me,” he said. “Who do you work for?”

Sydney sat in silence, the water dripping off her face. She was cold and shivering, but would not talk.

“Keep dunking her until I get back,” he told the guards.

The guards nodded. The one holding Sydney’s neck pushed her head back into the bucket. Then the man left and went towards another room.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

“What was that?” Michael asked Eric.

“It sounded like a gun shot,” Eric replied.

Suddenly they heard a thud. Then rapid punches.

“Should we go inside Sloane’s office? Or do you think that Kat’s okay?” Eric inquired.

“I don’t think we can afford for her to not be okay,” Michael replied. “Let’s go in.”

They kicked his office door open. What they saw made them cringe, but also made them very relieved. Kat had Sloane up against the wall and was punching him over and over again.

“Wow,” Eric said. “Forget Bubbleliscious! She should be called Bubbleviscous!”

As soon as he said that Kat turned around.

“I’ll show YOU Bubbleviscous,” Kat replied with her fist ready to punch.

Michael stepped in between them.

“No matter how annoying he is we need him, Kat. You’ll just have to ignore him.”

Kat sighed.

“HEY!” Eric said. “I’m not annoying!”

“Are you sure we need him?” Kat asked Michael.

“Yes,” Michael said with a nod.

“Yeah,” Eric said. “You guys definitely need me.”

“SpyDaddy do you copy?” Michael asked through the com.

“When was the last time you heard from him?” Kat asked.

“Almost twenty minutes ago, before he went to get Sydney, Marshall, and Will.”

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Will stood with Jack in the conversation room. It was Jack’s footsteps Will had heard. Jack had just given Will morphine. Then they heard footsteps.

“Up there,” Jack said pointing to the air vent.

Will climbed in, then Jack did. Both knew that if they were caught, they would be in serious trouble. Jack had turned off his com, and decided that it was a good time to turn it on.

“SpyDaddy, do you copy?” he heard Michael say.

Jack pressed his com three times in a row.

They heard a man’s voice say, “Mr. Tippin, are you ready to- -“

He stopped mid-sentence.

“Sloane is not going to like this,” he said angrily. Then he walked out.

Jack turned and whispered to Will. “There is only one door in and out. We’ll have to get out through the air vent.”

“You came in through the door,” Will whispered back.

“I had to take that risk to see if I could find Sydney and Marshall. We have to go through here. That way,” Jack said pointing to the right.

So the two crawled through the air vents trying to get to safety.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

“That was the signal,” Michael said to Kat and Eric.

“The signal?” Eric asked confused.

“Kat, you and I have to go get Sydney and Marshall.”

Kat nodded.

“Wait. What about me and that- - thing?” Eric asked pointing to Sloane.

“You get to stay here and baby-sit him,” Michael said. “Kat, we have to hurry. Come on.”

So Kat and Michael headed to the conversation room, splitting up half way.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Marshall sat, still in pain. The man had been gone for several minutes, and he wasn’t complaining, but he wanted to what happened to him.
Suddenly, he walked through a door.

“I have to go talk to Sloane,” he told Marshall. “When I come back, you better have an answer. And it better be the right one.”

Then he left.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Sydney felt sick. She had just been pulled up from the bucket again and was coughing. They had been dunking her, pulling her up, letting her cough, then doing it over again. This time they pulled her up, waited until she was coughing, then pushed her in again. Sydney’s lungs filled with water. She couldn’t breathe. A few minutes later, she went limp.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

“I forgot to ask,” Michael said through his com. “Was that a gun shot Eric and I heard earlier?”

“Yeah, Sloane shot me,” Kat replied.

“Are you okay?”

“Bullet proof vests are never a bad idea. I was wearing one. The bullet hit my vest. I’m fine.”

“Okay, I think I’m getting close.”

“Ditto, Doublemint.”

Kat suddenly heard footsteps coming towards her. Out of a door a man she had never seen before walked out. She instantly began to fight him. The man was caught by surprise. He was kicked and went flying in the air. Kat immediately pulled out her tranquilizer gun and fired it at the man. Within seconds he was asleep.

Taking out her handcuffs, she began to get worried. The man had blood on his hands and on his clothes. She quickly put one handcuff on him and the other on a metal handrail next to the stairs. Then she walked through the door that the man had just walked out of.

She began to walk through a small hallway. Then she came to two doors. She looked into one room. It was empty except for a chair. All around the chair there was blood. Kat immediately backed out of the room and entered the next one.

Kat saw him. Marshall was strapped tightly in a chair. He was pale, sweating, and moaning. She stood staring at him, and he looked up at her. He smiled and that relieved Kat a little.

“Are you okay?” she asked him.

“I got a shot full of a t-truth syrome…It hurt- - a lot,” Marshall replied as Kat freed him from the chair. "Does Dr. Evil have any morphine?”

“Hold on,” Kat replied as she rummaged through “Dr. Evil’s” belongings.

She found a jar of liquid and picked it up. She read the label. It was morphine. She pulled out a needle and filled it with the morphine. Then she walked over to Marshall and put the needle in his arm. Marshall winced a little, but got a smile on his face as the morphine kicked in.

“Thank you,” he said.

Then he leaned over and kissed him.

“Michael went to find Sydney, my dad went to get Will, Eric is up watching Sloane, and the teams are downloading everything from the computers, and gathering evidence to put Sloane and his colleagues in jail. Dr. Evil is handcuffed to a railing by the stairs. We better go.”

So the two lovers headed out to the hallway. When they got to the railing, “Dr. Evil” was gone.

“I thought you said he was here,” Marshall said.

“He was.”

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Michael quietly but quickly searched for Sydney. He had chosen to go down a hallway. He began to hear male voices coming from a room.

Following the sound of the voices, Michael ran down the hallway and turned right. He came to an open door. Leaning over, he looked inside. He saw two guards. He leaned over some more and saw a bucket. Inside the bucket was a person’s head. Immediately Michael knew it was Sydney.

He ran in and fought the first guard. When he was on the ground he fought the other guard. After he was down, he ran to the bucket and pulled Sydney out of the bucket.

Her face was pale and she wasn’t breathing. As he held her in his arms, tears welled up in his eyes. She looked horrible, yet beautiful at the same time.

Swarmed in his love for her, he didn’t notice the guards getting up. They began to walk towards him. They aimed their guns and prepared to fire.

Michael looked up just in time to see their guns pointed at his face.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

So what do you think?

Glad you like it.... lol I like Bubblebum! :smiley:

Umm... haven't started chapter 13 yet on account of I've got bronchitus (sp?)and have been coughing my lungs out. (n) My days have been filled with sleeping :asleep: and coughing -_- it's very sad. But I'll start it as soon as I feel better. K?

~KRISTIN

Looks like you got a fan, Kristi. :smiley: Better get better soon, and get started on that chapter, bc/ We're not the only ones reading now. lol

~Jessica

Hey all.... just wanted to let you know that Kristin's still sick. She's got alot of homework to make up, so I'm not sure when she'll be able to do the next chapter. She told me the other day that she couldn't stand to not write, but she just can't right now. We did discuss a few things about the sequel...good stuff. I hope you all stick around until then. You'll love it, I'm sure! :smiley:

I think that's goody for all of us... she started chapter 13 today. No promises as to when it'll be posted though. She still has quite a bit of homework to make up.

right now, all I have left is to write a poem for english and read my book for english for the oral report in about a month and prepare for a "how-to" speech the 2nd week of Feb. :blink: AHHH!! all in the same class. oh well.

I've made up a lot and started chapter 13...but didn't get very far. I'm almost done with (get this) page ONE!! :angelic: :woot: :P ^_^ ;)
seriously I'm trying to work on it. :smiley: so... hopefully soon.

~Kristin

I'll try, alias8000! ^_^ I've worked more on chapter 13 today, and....well, I can't tell you that you'll have to read it so nevermind! lol but anyway, it's coming along and will hopefully be done soon even though I've got a llloooongggg way to go on this chapter.

I forgot I have to make up a math test too. :( I don't like pre-algebra! it bugs me...anyway. Working on the poem, it's either about cheese, my red pen, or ALIAS. I'm leaning toward ALIAS (gee that's a shock)...but I can't think of a simile for it. Anyway, I've got a little more catching up to do and then I'll go full speed in the writing department. (y)

Well, g2g!

~kristin

Posting this for Kristi, so everything is caught up. :smiley:

Chapter 13

Will and Jack cautiously climbed out of the air vent. They were in the main office. Jack looked around and noted that everyone was still under the effects of the gas. He pressed his com as he watched the C.I.A. teams download all the SD-6 files.

“Bubbleliscious, do you copy?” he asked.

“I copy, Spy Daddy. I have Marshall and I’m coming upstairs,” Kat replied.

“What about you, Doublemint? Do you copy?” Jack asked.

No answer.

“Doublemint, do you copy?!”

Silence.

“Bubbleliscious, get up here, now,” Jack said.

“We’re on our way.”

A few minutes passed, and Kat and Marshall had not made it upstairs. Jack knew he had to leave.

“Will, you stay here. Take this,” Jack said as he handed Will his tranquilizer gun.

“Do I really need this?” he asked with a look of concern.

“Would you like me to take it and let you find out?”

“I’ll take the gun.”

“Good idea. I’ll be back.”

So Jack left Will and walked down the stairs, then disappeared.

Will stood staring at the SD-6 office. There were men with guns everywhere. Out of the corner of his eye he saw movement. Spinning around with the tranq. gun ready, he noticed that it was only what appeared to be a C.I.A. agent. He was escorting Sloane outside. Will slowly put his gun down.

At first it didn’t rouse suspicion, then Will noticed something. He made eye contact with the man, and realized immediately that that man was no C.I.A. agent. It was the man who had just spent countless hours torturing him.

He casually began to walk behind them, seeing where they would go. They went down a set of stairs, opened the wall and walked through it, and into a hallway. The door began to close, but Will stopped it. He waited a few minutes, then went inside.

They had just turned down a hallway, and Will cautiously followed. There was a set of stairs, one going up, the other going down. Sloane and his “escort” went up, so Will went up too. They opened another secret, barely visible door, and went inside it.

Will waited a minute and then followed. To his surprise, they were in a parking garage. Will realized that they would soon try to escape. He raised his gun and aimed at the imposter C.I.A. agent. He fired, and missed.

The man and Sloane both looked up. They started to rapidly fire at Will, no mercy evident on their faces. Quickly taking cover, Will jumped behind a slab of concrete. He prepared himself to die or to kill a man or two, both equally frightening.

With shaking hands, he readied his gun and willed himself to get up. He heard the guns stop firing and then the squealing of tires. Will stood up, aimed his gun and fired. He missed, so he shot several more. The escort was hit, but Sloane took out his gun and fired. The bullet hit his arm, and then Sloane jumped into a van and sped away as Will stood helplessly watching.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The two guards ripped Sydney out of Michael’s arms. Their guns still pointing at his head, they slammed him into the wall. Michael winced in pain.

“Who sent you here?” one whispered to him in an eerie voice.

They didn’t wait for him to answer. He was slammed into the wall again.

“I said, who sent you here.”

Michael still said nothing. He had to get to Sydney before it was too late. He tried to come up with a plan, but he was thrown into the wall again.

The gun was fiercely shoved into Michael’s neck.

“Tell us who sent you here, or we will end your life,” a guard said.

“And hers,” said the other guard.

This made Michael furious. He tried with all his might to get free, but could not. He was slammed into the wall again. Their laughter erupted as he tried to attack them and failed.

“This is your last chance…”

Michael fought the desperate urge to tell them everything to save Sydney’s life, but knew he could not. There was still a C.I.A. team upstairs doing official business, and he couldn’t just tip the enemy off…but he had to save Sydney.

“Fine, she’s going first.”

Michael’s head was now bleeding from being hit so many times against the wall. He was slammed again. The man not slamming him into the wall walked over to Sydney. He pulled out his gun, and released all the safeties.

BANG!!!

“SYDNEY!!!” Michael screamed.

BANG!!!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Kat and Marshall made it back to the main office. They saw the teams were still busy. Kat found Marshall an empty chair and wheeled him into Sloane’s secured office.

She was expecting to see Sloane still handcuffed and Eric fiddling with his yo-yo, but to her surprise, that’s not what she found. After looking all around the room, she found Eric handcuffed to a leg of Sloane’s desk. He was breathing very heavily, and bleeding from what appeared to be a gunshot wound. Kat walked closer and stepped on something. It was a silencer from a handgun.

Kat immediately ran back to the main office.

“We need a medic in here!” she told the teams. “Now!”

A man approached her with a medic badge on his shirt. She quickly explained the situation as they ran back to Sloane’s office. He immediately began to examine Eric.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Will took off his shirt and made it into a sling for his arm. He now had two options, and was uncertain of what he was going to do. He had to get back upstairs and notify a C.I.A. agent of what he found. The man laying at his feet had to get back upstairs as well, but that would mean he’d have to carry him. His arm wasn’t in that kind of condition. He couldn’t risk Sloane being overly stupid and try to come and save him, so he began to drag the man up the stairs.

Will had Jack’s gun, just in case the man woke up. Besides the fact that Jack Bristow scared him, and he had a pretty good idea of what would happen to him if he left it. He refound the “secret door” and began to slowly go up the steps.

The climb was hard, but Will kept going. His arm hurt, and the man he was carrying was fairly heavy. Will kept going, though, stopping only once to fix his “sling”.

He was reaching for the door when the man began to wake up. Will didn’t notice, and struggled to open the door. The man reached Will’s arm and hit it as hard as he could. Will fell back and landed roughly on the top step.
Seeing Will was on the ground, the man got up and began to walk towards him. Will got up, ready to fight. He was kicked several times, but still stood, his arm throbbing. Will waited until the perfect moment, then kicked the man with all his might.

The wind was knocked out of the man, and he fell down the stairs. He cried out in pain when he hit the bottom of the stairs. Will heard a loud crack, sounding much like a gunshot, and knew the man wasn’t going anywhere. So, he ran all the way back up the stairs and into the secret door.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Michael felt blood slowly flowing down his neck. The guard’s gun was no longer near him, and he heard a little thud behind him.

He didn’t feel much pain, except for the pain in his heart. He couldn’t believe that Sydney was dead. He just couldn’t. Michael sank to the floor, his eyes slowly welling with tears. He refused to look at her; he wouldn’t be able to take it. He heard footsteps, but what did he care. Sydney was gone, he had nothing left to live for. Whatever happened to him next happened.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

“He needs to leave soon,” the medic told Kat. “If he doesn’t he could die.”

Kat nodded. “What about Marshall?”

From the look Kat received from him she knew whatever it was wasn’t good. The medic pulled her aside. In a low, whispery voice he said, “Your friend has been exposed to a combination of serums. The combination itself is painful, but…”

“But what?”

“Did you give him any morphine?”

“Yes, just a few minutes ago…why?”

“Mixing the morphine with the serum combination is life threatening. If he falls asleep for too long, he could die.”

Eyes welling with tears, Kat shook her head. “Wh-what can we do?”

“We’ll have to get him into a hospital. He’ll need to have surgery, to get the serums out. That’s all we can do. We’ll have to wait until all the files are downloaded, and then they’ll be able to—“

“We need to get Marshall and Agent Weiss out of here, NOW.”

“We can’t just get up and leave we have to have the proper protocol—“

“Forget protocol! Those men could DIE soon, and if they do…I’ll personally find you and—“

“Agent Bristow, they can not leave.”

Kat glared at him. “If you do not get them out of here in 20 minutes, I swear that with or without proper protocol, they will be leaving with me,” she said wanting nothing more than to kick the medic and get Marshall and Weiss out of there and into a hospital. The medic said something else, which Kat chose to ignore, when she heard Will stumble into the room.

He lay on the floor, panting, blood smearing on Sloane’s expensive office floor. The medic raced over to him.

“What happened?” the medic asked Will as he checked Will’s vitals, and dressed as best as he could the gun wound.

“I found a secret door…Sloane and a man…they went through it…saw me…they hit me…Sloane’s gone…but other man…he’s down there…”

“Is he secured?” Kat asked.

“He fell down the steps…I heard his leg crack…He’s secured.”

“Unless Sloane comes back to get him…” the medic mumbled loud enough for all of them to hear.

“Sloane may be stupid, but he’s definitely not THAT stupid,” Will proclaimed. “He’s not coming back.”

“Your vitals seem to be fine, Mr. Tippin. Do you think you can walk when the ambulance gets here? I’ll have to go through all the necessary protocol,” the medic glared at Kat as he spoke, “but then you’ll be able to get that bullet out.”

“I think I’ll be fine…” Will replied.

The medic got out his radio phone, and dialed in to speak to Devlin. The beauty of his phone was that Kat could hear both ends of the conversation.

“Sir, this is Medic Roberts, I’m requesting an okay to get an ambulance here.”

“And you’re asking me…because?” Devlin questioned.

“Um…well…I thought I had to go through the proper…protocol.”

“Are you absolutely insane? Any agents or civilians hurt in an operation like this need to be treated immediately! You can’t just let them die! Call the stupid ambulance in!”

“Yes, sir.”

“And, Roberts,”

“Yes, sir?”

“Don’t waste my time again. That’s an order.”

And then Devlin hung up.

Kat couldn’t help but give Roberts an “I told you so” look. He noticed, but said nothing as he dialed in to get an ambulance.

“This is Roberts. We need several ambulances right away. Location, operation takedown. They’re already on their way? Excellent.”

Then he hung up.

Kat looked over at Marshall and saw he was sleeping.

“How long has he been like that?” she asked Roberts, who simply shrugged his shoulders, making Kat want to strangle him.

“Marshall?” she said as she gently shook him. “Marshall, wake up. Marshall! Come on… Marshall?!?”

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The footsteps Michael heard stopped abruptly.

“Vaughn,” he heard Jack say.

Michael tried to turn around, which to his surprise, he could. The guards laid dead at his and Sydney’s feet. Sydney was still on the ground, but with no blood on her at all. Jack was kneeling next to Sydney.

“How long has she been like this?” Jack asked,

“I-I’m not sure,” was Michael’s reply. “She was like that when I got down here.”

They began to do C.P.R. on her. Jack doing the series of thrusts and Michael pinching her nose and breathing into her mouth. They did it several times, each time wanting her to get up.

After what seemed like an eternity, Sydney sat straight up. She began to cough almost uncontrollably.
Michael let out a breath he wasn’t aware he was holding.

“Syd, are you—“

Michael was cut off. Then she kissed him with her cold lips.

“I-I’m fine. Thank you.”

“We need to get back upstairs,” Jack said. “Do you think you can walk?”

She was cold, shaking, and aching. “I’ll b-be fine.”

Michael and Jack helped Sydney up. They both immediately noticed her wince in pain. Her legs felt like they were being stabbed repeatedly by knives where the guard had been sitting. Sydney began to fall, but Michael caught her in his arms.

“I’ll carry you,” he said.

“No, you don’t h-have to,” Sydney objected. “I’ll b-be f-fine.”

“No, you won’t.”

Sydney sighed and turned to her father.

“You’re not fine, Sydney,” Jack agreed. “Let him carry you.”

“Fine,” Sydney sighed.

So Michael picked her up and Jack began to lead the way to the main office.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Gunshots went off in the main office of SD-6.

“You idiot!” an angry agent yelled. “I told you to secure all the members of security section!”

“I did!” another agent yelled.

“Evidently you didn’t!”

“Shut-up and help me shoot them!”

More gunshots went off. The gas was wearing off of everyone, and several were already awake. The desk trained agents were screaming and taking cover, the security section members were shooting at the C.I.A. agents, and appliances were exploding and sparking. Sheer chaos erupted in seconds.

Kat raced out of Sloane’s office, heading to what Marshall would call his “Tech Room”. She dodged several bullets, received several stares, and safely made it to Marshall’s office. After only a few minutes of searching, she found what she was looking for: Marshall’s caffeine pills. She picked up the bottle and ran back into Sloane’s office.

She took out one pill and smashed it with a pocketknife. Gathering one fourth of it, she put it in Marshall’s mouth, hoping he wouldn’t choke. Five minutes passed, and then Marshall woke up.

Kat didn’t give him a chance to say a word. She kissed him long and hard.

“Don’t do that again…”

“I won’t be able to. You did give me a caffeine pill right? It sure tasted like one…I mean I can taste caffeine before it hits my mouth…I love caffeine! CAFFEINE! CAFFEINE! CAFFEINE!”

“Marshall?”

“CAFFEINE! CAFFEINE! CAFFEINE!”

Kat kissed him so he would shut up. Which, to her pleasure, worked…for a minute or two.

“Marshall, I did give you a caffeine pill, but not a whole one…only part of one. That’s because…well…Marshall, you have to…you have to have…”

“MORE CAFFEINE!!!”

“NO! Marshall, you could be DEAD in a few hours! You have to go into surgery! THAT is why I gave you only one fourth of the pill…”

“Say what?”

“Marshall, it’s my fault…I-I’m sorry. That morphine I gave you…it made the serums toxic...and they…they have to get it out or-or you’ll die…and it’s all my fault…I’m so sorry…it-it’s all my—“

“No it’s not. I asked for the morphine.”

“Yeah, but…”

Marshall stopped her mid-sentence with a kiss, then he gently wiped away her accumulated tears.

“’Yeah but’ nothing. It’s not your fault, and anyway, I’ll be fine. So no more crying, okay?”

Kat gave up and managed a weak smile. “Alright. Just don’t fall asleep, okay?”

Marshall knowing that he now couldn’t fall asleep even if he wanted to for at least an hour and agreed that he wouldn’t fall asleep, just to put her at ease.

“Look out!” Will yelled as a bullet came flying through the glass door and whirled into Sloane’s office.

Everyone got down on the floor. Kat crawled over to the medic, as bullets soared out in the main office.

“Do you have a gun?” she asked.

He looked very surprised. “Nooo….”

“You’re hopeless!” she exclaimed. “Absolutely hopeless!”

Will crawled over to them. “I have one.”

“Good…you’re going out there with me.”

“Okay…WAIT! Hold the phone. You want ME to go out THERE and SHOOT people? You have got to be kidding me…”

“I’m not…look, whether you like it or not, they need our help!”

Will just stood there, staring and looking like the biggest baby in the world.

“I knew the minute I heard your voice on the phone that I wouldn’t like you. I should’ve known you would be a coward. Now, I’m going out there, with or without you. Do what you want.”

She paused for a few minutes for the impact of what she had just said to slap him in the face, which Kat decided he deserved. Then she grabbed her gun, and went out the door into the middle of the chaos.

Bullets were flying everywhere, Kat saw several CIA agents down, and some she knew others she didn’t. Then she spotted the members of Security Section who, fortunately, didn’t see her. She fired and hit several men. They retaliated, only one of the many bullets hitting her that left only a scratch.

Kat got on the floor to better protect herself. She was running out of darts, not to mention back up. Behind her she heard footsteps. Her gun readied, she turned and shot, not even seeing the face of the man. Only after he was sound asleep did she realize who she shot: Will Tippin.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Jack, Michael, and Sydney all heard the many gunshots as they neared the door back to the main office. They knew where they were coming from, but had no idea why. The first thing the teams did after using the gas was disarm all the security section members. Jack turned his com back on and so did Michael, hoping to get news from Kat or Weiss.

“Bubbleliscious, do you copy?” Jack asked.

While Jack was talking through his com, Michael turned to Sydney. She was shaking. It was so bad that Michael had to strengthen his hold on her to keep her in his arms. She was pale and had a far away look in her eyes.

“Sydney,” Michael said in a soothing voice. “Sydney, are you okay?”

She didn’t answer.

Kat’s voice came through his ear. “I-I copy, SpyDaddy.”

“What’s going on up there?” Jack asked.

“Well, somehow Security Section got their grubby paws on their guns and are attacking…I came out to help, but I’m running out of back up and bullets…Marshall…he’s…well I might be the cause of his death if he doesn’t have an important surgery soon. Weiss was shot, by we think that freaky torture guy when he came to get Sloane, who by the way escaped…Will got shot by Sloane, which I’m sure he’d explain except I just accidentally shot him with my tranq gun…and what do you know… I’m stranded in the middle of a shoot out with no more tranq darts...whoa, hold on!”

As Jack waited he heard several gunshots followed by three very loud ones, that he assumed Kat was firing.

“Okay…I’m back. I had to dodge a few bullets. Yes! I got one down…twenty to go…give or take a few…good thing I carry a spare gun. Oh, and did you or Michael call the police?”

“No…”

“I hear sirens…so I thought maybe you did.”

“It must have been one of the Analysts.”

“Is Sydney okay?” she asked.

“She’s—“

That’s when Jack looked over and saw that Sydney was on the floor, Michael standing over her, checking her pulse. She was still shaking from the cold. Just by a glance you would be able to tell she needed immediate medical attention.

“She blacked out a minute ago,” Michael explained. “She was mumbling something, but I couldn’t understand her.”

“Daddy?!” Kat said not worrying about the code names. “Are you okay? Is Sydney all right? Hello?!”

“I’m sorry, Kat. No, she’s not doing very well. I’m coming up to help you. I’ve got a gun and some extra bullets,” he told Kat. Then to Michael he said, “Stay here with her and make sure she’s alright.”

Michael nodded, and then watched as Jack went up the stairs, and out the door, fully prepared to fight till the death.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The almost silent home in Downtown L.A. housed a depressed and angry woman. She was very mad at a certain Michael C. Vaughn. She knew she shouldn’t cry over the man who broke her heart, but she couldn’t help it. So, her days were consisting mainly of watching movies like Pearl Harbor,A Walk to Remember, The Wedding Planner, and Sweet Home Alabama while stuffing herself with assorted chocolates.

She was on her third discounted box of chocolate hearts, and trying her luck with Lilo and Stitch when the phone rang. Like all the rest of the times the phone rang in the past week, she let the machine pick it up.

“Alice,” a distorted voice said. “We know you’re home.”

Alice jumped a mile. She had no idea who the person on the other end of the phone was, but she did not particularly want to find out at the moment.

“Pick up the phone, Alice. I want to help you.”

Hesitantly, Alice picked up the phone and still afraid said, “Who is this? What d-do you want?”

“I want to help you.”

“Help me w-with what?”

“I believe we both have our issues with a certain Michael C. Vaughn. Do we not?”

“Well, h-he did break up with me t-the other day…he found a new girl…her name was…”

“Sydney Bristow.”

“Who?”

“Sydney Bristow.”

“Oh…Okay…Thanks…I guess. What are you suggesting we do? I mean why do you need me?”

“I have a plan, but I will only tell you when I have a guarantee of your cooperation.”

“Do I have to kill anyone?”

“Would you like to?”

“Not really…Wait…isn’t that a line from a movie trailer?”

“Yes, it was. Do you have a problem with that?”

“No.”

“Good. Now, are you willing to help me or not?”

“I don’t know…I need to think about this. I’m not sure if I’m physically or emotionally ready for any type of plan. This is a big decision, and I need to think about it. My name is Andrew, by the way. That’s all I am able to give you at this time. We’ll be in touch. Oh, and Alice?”

“Yes?”

“Somebody’s watching.”

And with those words, he hung up. All was silent except for the T.V. chatter of Lilo and Stitch, and the beating of her broken heart.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Jack Bristow wasted no time. He had already taken out several members of security section along side of Kat. They soon regained control of SD-6 and called in for another team that arrived in less than 5 minutes.

The ambulances all showed up. Marshall, Eric, Will, and Sydney were all immediately loaded onto stretchers and into the ambulances. The SD-6 workers were all being handcuffed and taken by the C.I.A. agents.

Once they were outside, a very unhappy Jack Bristow had to speak with the police before they would let anyone leave. They wanted all the information about what was going on, which took Jack less than 2 minutes to assure them that that intel was none of there business, and classified intel of the C.I.A.

They okayed the ambulances to go. Jack and Michael were in the same ambulance as Sydney, both wishing she would open her eyes and smile up at them. Kat was sitting in with Marshall, trying to restrain herself from crying. Everything was situated, so the ambulances sped down the streets and drove to the special C.I.A. hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back