techno over touchy-feely

If you bother to read my screen name, you might think i'm a bit biased on this topic, but one of the reasons i first started watching the show was cuz it was filled with some pretty great music. Even when it was a halfbaked episode like 'the snowman,' it partly redeemed itself when marshall cranked up paul okie's "ready, steady, go!" The other half of alias' music, (the stuff you can normally FIND to download ermm.. or buy) is all this wussified sarah mclachlan and, sure i recognize that dynamic to the show... sydney gets sad sometimes, all that stuff... i just think its as poor a tool for conveying emotion as doing a voice-over... with a show which is such a high quality as alias, i dont think its right to cheapen (not to mention date) the show with some song that was on the radio last week. I dont think enough of the show to think it should have a timeless quality about it like 'star wars' or something, but really... you watch a movie from the early 90s and yer laughing at the songs and the hair styles... its just common sense that techno has a more timeless quality!

If you read that entire rant, and now are reading this... i would really think about getting a less boring hobby. You just wasted like 2 minutes of yer life.

it reminds meeh of that one episode on the simpsons where like apu the store owner of the quickie mart leaves and he put up that sign be back in five...and then this old guy comes and reads the sign and is waiting in front of the store and then when apu comes back the old man says to him "you have wasted five miutes of my life and i want them back" it was so funny the first time i saw it it was hilarious...... :P :smiley:

Back