TechTV died today

Tommy

Seeing A Ghost
Okay, actually, it died a few months ago. I would say it became ill when G4 merged with it and then went into a coma when they fired almost all of the remaining TechTV employees, but G4 officially pulled the plug on TechTV today. G4 Press Release

Yes, G4TechTV is now just G4. It is a sad day for geeks and nerds everywhere.

Notice my sig. Feel free to use it if you feel so inclined.

That's almost ok, it was doing nothing but making some of us who remember the real TechTV (and ZDTV!) angry at the misuse of the name. If I had a bottle of Skyrocket, I'd pour a shot out to the memory.

*sigh* I miss Leo. Hell, I even miss all the way back to Kate.

Seriously!! everyone on that channel is an idiot. Well, almost everyone. TSS is a shadow of its former self. G4 ruined the show. I don't know if you read this slashdot article a while back, but like they stopped doing real life calls on TSS, and are making production crew basically call in with fake questions. Sad day indeed.

Xin Li

Ah yes, the whistleblower article. Actually, Dan Huard wrote that. He was the guy that used to give out the telephone number, he sat across from Sarah in the nook.

The article isn't up on Dan's site anymore, but I'm hoping he'll transfer it over to scopetech.net

When g4 took over they said they weren't going to have the channel in international markets. We had TechTV for a little while, but then it was pulled and we aren't even getting g4... by the sounds of things I wouldn't want it anyway.

Its awful. I do play video games, I have the consoles and games but I HATE this channel. The Screen Savers is still watchable but its not even close to what it used to be.

Cinematech...who thopught of that wasteland of tv time? Previews of games that came out two years ago?

Back